free reign.

it's not free reign if u butt in. i think we could get 4-5 allies in the fed timezone to attack ppl. Even if we had 3, 24 is a lot to get for defence. especially if u plan on attacking. 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Politics... I think you should all just vote for a galactic dictator (me) to rule in your stead, solve all problems and allocate sectors to those corps that deserve them. I will bring justice to tbe

So NASA has one sector and Arch has two.   Mecron & I have helped Nuke in a defense in the past. THE VERY NEXT day Nuke created some alliance with 3 or 4 corps to spam attack ALL NASA sectors.

I agree with you on this. If there is anything to be had, I'd say there is a very small man with a big Napoleon complex on the other side of this title. From my perspective looking inwards, from as l

The purpose of the safe space sectors is to allow the smaller corps to play in dread battles without fear of being put up against the juggernaut corps. If the smaller corps are attacking elsewhere, then putting conditions on these sectors is pointless.

Corps like FDEF, Ultra, SRO, CJF, Vking, Behem, MEFF, RadiX should therefore be fighting in Colonization Hub and Vanguard Outpost. If they are having trouble getting a game, then they should contact each other to set battles up.

If they aren't using the sectors for their purpose, then someone else who can should have it.

Well I think that settles it. Small corps, you have one week to prove to us "big boys" that you will actually use the two sectors we have designated as "heavy hitter free". By use, we mean do some actual damage, or even have a sector change hands. Doing 10% (or attempting to) once isn't going to count. We need to see efforts being made every night, if not most nights for the next week. If we don't see activity in those two sectors, NASA, Arch, and OWL will be free to launch attacks on those sectors.

Also, @Shotan: Keep in mind that the "big boys" agreed to leave Vanguard and Colonization alone and let the smaller corps fight for them, and if the smaller corps don't hold up their end of the deal (actually using the sectors), then the "big boys" have all the rights to open them up again and partake in fighting for them. Opening them up may look like meddling in smaller corps affairs or picking on you, but it isn't. We also have every right to not stay away from you if conditions are not met.

Analyse, in full description using concrete quotes, the rights given to NASA, Arkhos Core, OWL Initiative or any of the "big boy" corporations agreed by terms upon by "smaller" corporations. You may NOT use quotes from members of the corporations listed or any relative corporations unnamed.

Analyse, in full description using concrete quotes, the rights given to NASA, Arkhos Core, OWL Initiative or any of the "big boy" corporations agreed by terms upon by "smaller" corporations. You may NOT use quotes from members of the corporations listed or any relative corporations unnamed.

'Let the smaller corps have 1 or 2 sectors that will be free from Arch or NASA interference. This includes NASA and Arch helping with attacks and defenses, unless the smaller corps on both sides agreed it fair to let them attack or defend with them. (Maybe dedicate Vanguard and Colonization for this, so they have a GS and an iridium sector to fight for without interference). The sector(s) would only have the safety net IF and ONLY IF all the smaller corps involved can agree to ensure that at least one battle per night can occur (or at least have an effort made)."

These were some of the terms I laid out earlier on in this thread. No one opposed this, so they became part of the terms accepted for dedicating Vanguard and Colonization to be "safe" sectors. Since no activity has been occuring in these sectors, the conditions for them staying safe haven't been met, so therefore, they qualify to be opened up again to "heavy hitters". However, we are being nice and giving 1 more week for smaller corps to prove that they will use these sectors, instead of letting them sit there. If we (the heavy hitters) don't see activity in those sectors in this week, we will begin to attack them again. If smaller corps show activity this week, but then slack off, the same conditions will still apply.

"Colonization Hub and Vanguard Outpost are up for grabs by all smaller corps and defenders/attackers can have up to two mentors from big corps."

This is a quote from Kazumi_. Where he was restating the conditions for the sectors to remain safe.

If you don't like it, that sucks, but you can't stop us unless you use the sectors.

If they aren't using the sectors for their purpose, then someone else who can should have it.

I get iridium, i would say i am using them.

There isn't really an Arkhos core anymore. it will soon be merged into owl probably. 

OWL, NASA, if you screw with smaller corps, i am warning you, we will overwhelm you with sheer numbers.

there are 2 sectors that are off limits, there's plenty others that you can attack. Better 2 off limits sectors than getting gangbanged. This is why this whole agreement was started, NASA was crying because of the gangbanging it received. 

Oh, we were? Last time I checked, we didn't care about the Zergrushing.

come in zerg come alone - w/e, we have perfect counter to your zerg and we can take you one 1 on 1

Sarcasm aside,

I really don't care about the zerg rushes, as it gives games, but I doubt that the zergrushing will persist because if these terms are implemented, the small corps will fight in their allocated sectors because they'll have a chance to win.

Such big talk from such a small child, ArcTic. :)

Aside, it would be nice to have an updated stance from the CDF alliance guys, along with BEAST and SALT. They implicitly agreed to these terms Dirk laid out, but a reaffirmation and acceptance of these new conditions we just talked about would do well.

Instead of mincing words, how about we just ask these guys directly?

I get iridium, i would say i am using them.

That isn't what we mean by "use them". We mean actually carry out attacks there. Those sectors aren't meant to be free resources for whatever corp holds them. There needs to be some effort put in to defending them (and attacking them), so the resources are actually earned.

there are 2 sectors that are off limits, there's plenty others that you can attack. Better 2 off limits sectors than getting gangbanged. This is why this whole agreement was started, NASA was crying because of the gangbanging it received. 

They were set off limits provided that they were actually used for battles. Not farmed for free resources. We are being generous and giving 1 week for you to prove that you will actually do battle in these sectors.

Also, you are wrong in why this agreement was started. If you recall, I am the one who started this thread. The reason I created it was to end the pointless bickering and "war" that was happening between Arch and NASA.

OWL, NASA, if you screw with smaller corps, i am warning you, we will overwhelm you with sheer numbers.

We aren't "screwing" with smaller corps. We are simply acting upon the terms and conditions that were set for those two sectors to remain "safe".

So cool your jets there hotshot...

We're not interested in your "nobody opposed the terms" bull. We want to know who agreed to them.

Man, while I do agree with the smaller corps about noone actually writing in with agreement, that does not excuse and name calling or insults. I would suggest you all return this to a civil discussion so something can actually be worked out.

• Upvote 1

Aside, it would be nice to have an updated stance from the CDF alliance guys, along with BEAST and SALT. They implicitly agreed to these terms Dirk laid out, but a reaffirmation and acceptance of these new conditions we just talked about would do well.

Instead of mincing words, how about we just ask these guys directly?

Most of SALT joined RadiX. Also, BEASTS and RadiX are allied and I believe FDEF and RadiX are too. 

Also, nothing in this treaty that i read said that if we don't attack each other, then we lose our special sectors. Trying to add on after doesn't work. So in other words, you're trying to break the treaty. 

Im not trying to make this personal but if we are attacked, we will gangbang. it's the only way to keep a presence in dreadnoughts. 

I can guarantee a NASAless sector, but there has to be a reassurance that there actually will be games held, I am not reserving a sector for 1 figth a week. How many corporations actually want to play dreads AND capable of playing in our time zone?

We're not interested in your "nobody opposed the terms" bull. We want to know who agreed to them.

Ok, so if nobody actually agreed to the terms, then they were never actually set aside for small corps. So us "big boys" can just roll in and take them right?

A week is plenty of time to get something going. If the current sector holders can get activity going before their sectors go down after the week expires, then the big corps can step back and leave it be.

The whole point behind safe space was not so that small corps could get sector rewards. It was so that small corps could play in dreadnought battles without having to face the juggernaut corps as their only opponents.

We don't have to be at each other's throats for this. If the small corps aren't active enough, then returning to the original status quo isn't a bad thing. More sectors to fight over means more chances for everyone to play. It just means that the smaller corps are at risk again. I'd like to avoid that, but that's only if activity supports it working out.

We can make progress on an issue without hating each other in the process. Can we do that, please?

@Dirk: You're going to have a long struggle...

@NuclearHail: What made you think that "small" corps would "comply", even if they had, as Dirk implies, agreed to the conditions? What you're seeing to fail is that the space in Federation right now is run almost as a capitalist state. Unfortunately, this is what we, the "small" corps, are seeing.

@All: Please tell me where using sectors specifically for dreadnought battles would even work. If you are a small corporation with no property, you simply go ahead and attack, you expect a defense and you fight. I obviously have noted, from staying awake until 5:30 am for a battle, this isn't how you Americans function your environment (no offense intended), but perhaps this is how you should from now on... It doesn't take much to muster up and plan on every sector, does it?

@OWL: If you really want sectors, do something about it. You have players and enough Iridium, don't you? But I will warn you. You do not want a war on your hands by any stretch.

If possible, please join me on WolfPack TeamSpeak this evening 5pm EST (10pm GMT). I will be waiting and we can discuss this to means of an end... We can solve this without hating each other, as Nuke has stated. I don't intend conflict.

@OWL: If you really want sectors, do something about it. You have players and enough Iridium, don't you? But I will warn you. You do not want a war on your hands by any stretch.

wut?

i don't need your hand outs. i'm an adult.

you can't buy me hot dogs, man!

calmare mon calamari

• Upvote 1

Who says owl isn't trying for sectors? We helped take down a SALT sector last night, then lost the tourney to nasa

Shotan, I'm very tired of reading your BS.  Everything you've been saying makes absolutely no sense, and I get the feeling that you haven't actually read the entire thread.  I'd also like to throw it out there that you really have nothing to do with this treaty....yes, you are technically a small corp in dreadnought space, but honestly, I don't believe SE should even be considered as an entity in this agreement if you don't ever launch attacks.  All you're posts have been angry and almost completely irrelevant to the discussion, making it seem like you're just doing your best to make this a hateful situation.

This whole deal doesn't have to be hateful or dramatic, it's actually quite simple if you're not so hot-headed about it.  So let me make it really clear what the situation is Shotan, since you don't seem to understand...

Vanguard and Col Hub are promised to be "big boy" free, as long as there is a lot of small corp activity within those sectors. 

Recently there hasn't been a lot of activity in those sectors, and the "big boys" are upset about that.

The "big boys" are giving us small corps one week to increase small corp activity until they ignore the treaty.

This is all very fair and understandable Shotan, and if you don't get it, then please leave this thread.

To all you heavy hitting corps, please don't let Shotan and SE represent the opinion of us small corps in anyway.  We understand the agreement, and will try to increase activity in our sectors.  Unfortunately, I'm away from home right now, and unavailable to organize things, but when I get back, I promise that I will do my best to get other corps to attack my sector.

I apologise for any confusion caused by the glorious CEO of Scattered Eagles.

Xelavian 

CEO - FDEF

• Upvote 2

I'd like to point out that both FDEF and RadiX both launched attacks tonight, but didn't use the sectors they have to do so. Screenshots available upon request.

I'm not here to make enemies, and neither should anyone else. It's different for me now that I'm not a corp CEO, and moreso as now I represent another corporation. The concept of safe space was supposed to be a good thing. Fed space has a unique advantage for small corps due to low activity - small corps won't get swarmed by masses of Europeans and Russians. Sectors in Empire and Jericho trade hands almost daily. Small corps are safe from that here. We can take advantage of that.

If we can't, then that's disappointing, but we can go back to being civil and playing games for fun and experience. Sector rewards shouldn't be so important to people that everything else falls to the wayside. It's a game. Have fun. :)

This whole deal doesn't have to be hateful or dramatic, it's actually quite simple if you're not so hot-headed about it.  So let me make it really clear what the situation is Shotan, since you don't seem to understand...

Vanguard and Col Hub are promised to be "big boy" free, as long as there is a lot of small corp activity within those sectors. 

Recently there hasn't been a lot of activity in those sectors, and the "big boys" are upset about that.

The "big boys" are giving us small corps one week to increase small corp activity until they ignore the treaty.

We understand the agreement, and will try to increase activity in our sectors.  Unfortunately, I'm away from home right now, and unavailable to organize things, but when I get back, I promise that I will do my best to get other corps to attack my sector.

Glad to hear. The CDF has quite a few corps in it. Take advantage, get some fights going. You're getting paid 12GS a day to do it. :)

Nobody's looking for a war. We just want to play.

wut?

i don't need your hand outs. i'm an adult.
you can't buy me hot dogs, man!

calmare mon calamari

MY DAD'S NOT A PHONE

DUH

• Upvote 1

Xelavin.

I'm not active during these times, you're very right. I'm just telling you how it is I'm seeing it. If you're so adament to dismiss me, go right ahead.

But perhaps you're failing to see what it is I'm actually trying to accomplish here. That's for me to know though.