Also, I'm well aware of what I said the day before I resigned. I was already contemplating leaving at that point, but I was still going to give the corp all the effort I could, regardless of how I felt, as it was the right thing to do. Morals mean a lot more to me than anyone here realizes. Doing what's right should (in my opinion) be the first thing on everyone's mind. But clearly, that isn't the case with NASA (from how you and Kost have made it seem at least). You care about winning, you care about rewards, even if it is at the expense of everyone else having fun or getting games.

This is exactly why i am wasting so much time here, you keep twisting your actions in game and come here with statements that do not reflect what has happened, I have spend quite some time explaining these things cycle by cycle in my great wall of text, you never bothered to counter that, simply ignored it and keep saying same thing "we did gud for everybody"

Here, again what has happened in game:

1) "Arch gave sector to FDEF", no you didn't gave it away, you chose not to give a chance to other 2 small corporations trying to compete for it, and let FDEF take it. Shall i remind you that NASA did not attack that sector even though that was a 99% guaranteed capture for us? And we went to other location that did not have any of the new corporations attacking?

Here is what have happened that cycle:

- Sector had 10% defense points left, 

- 3 attacks has been announced (NASA did not announce an attack on this)

- Arch fielded 2 wings vs 2 small corporations and leaving sector for FDEF - This is NOT helping COMMUNITY, this is preferential treatment towards only ONE corporation of your choosing, you did not give a smallest chance to 2 other corporations to compete for the sector.

- Arch asked NASA to help defending that sector, to me that means, since you had 2 wings fielded without nasa's help, you intended to have 3 wings and defend vs EVERY small corporation on attack list (and that was when you got mad for us not helping you), so you didnt even plan on giving it to FDEF that night, it is just so happened to be you couldn't keep it for 1 more cycle. NASA willingly did not attack that sector to leave it to small corps, and yet you keep telling that we are the bad guys, on what ground?

2) "Arch captured colonization and gave it to BEAST", again not true, quite the opposite of NASA's action btw on point 1)

- NASA could have made 2-3 4x man wings to defend the sector that night vs weakest attackers, and sector would have not been captured that night. But no - NASA left some guys without a game, and we made 1x 8 man wing and Fought the 1 strongest opponent out of many - Arch (And you have SHOWED UP for this capture, unlike NASA when your sector was about to be captured for newer corporations). We fought Arch, we have won that night, we CHOSE to not STOMP any of smaller corporations, we only fought Arch. In the result Arch had no chance for competing for sector ownership, and in the result out of all smaller corporations BEASTs came on top and captured the sector. And yet you are throwing it at us like that was great move on your side for the community and NASA are the bad guys, HOW? On what moral ground you can claim you gave the sector to BoJ, and that we got sector greedy at that time?

Until you explain this or clarify in details these events, or at least stop claiming this as your good doings, there can not be any talking between us, because so far you are the one accusing NASA of bad sportsmanship and getting everybody vs us, while we simply stating facts that we have witnessed ingame.

On that note, we don't want NASA to disappear, as they are currently the only corp who can give us a good fight. Why remove the competition if your goal is to get games?

Make sure to pass this to Nuc, because he is on the holy quest of taking NASA out of the game, i do have logs of that.

Until this day NASA have not done anything harmful to small corporations, we always ignored their sectors, we always have tried our best to avoid fighting them and going for the strongest opponents present.

So we both stay out of Vanguard outpost and Col Hub?

Precisely.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Politics... I think you should all just vote for a galactic dictator (me) to rule in your stead, solve all problems and allocate sectors to those corps that deserve them. I will bring justice to tbe

So NASA has one sector and Arch has two.   Mecron & I have helped Nuke in a defense in the past. THE VERY NEXT day Nuke created some alliance with 3 or 4 corps to spam attack ALL NASA sectors.

I agree with you on this. If there is anything to be had, I'd say there is a very small man with a big Napoleon complex on the other side of this title. From my perspective looking inwards, from as l

I'll join the discussion too, tbh this does not effect me that much being in EU timezone.

However, every now and again im available for the US fights and it seems to me that the everyone is after the same thing... a game.

Was around on ts when whitenoise came in with his ideas an all sounds reasonable but tbh for me too complicated for a game that involves tha BLAMMO!

There is a different problem here in fed space though, 2 stronger corps dictating the playing field as opposed to the nonesense of the RU/EU regions. All this talk of giving away sectors like it is your want to do so, these smaller corps will seem to zerg rush eventually regardless of any agreement. If any corp really that strong then a monopoly will be gained so strong corp has most sectors so most attacks happening against them.

This only results in more games for ppl if they ally themselves with said stronger corp in def wings or in other words supporting that monopoly.

I get that ppl wanna even the playing field but 'support' or 'consultant' players are allowed in wings? Sounds to me like more game rigging, we should all be aware by now what one single 'ace' in a T3 or even 4 game can do. To pretend like you dont know how this can be abused is nothing short of foolishness and actually a starting point for training the newest of pilots. ie Where/who is our problem?

To be concise, if u gonna leave things alone with the 'newbies' then actually leave it alone.

I dont judge a person by the corp they in an sometimes s1 will take control an suprise you with their mad ideas. Thats what i wanna see more of, not anything static.

If there really are only two big boys then agree to go where the fights are.

Attack/Defend the T4 zones an dont try to micro manage the T3 stuff. Tis none of yer business till there are no games elsewhere.

As for the rest, offended by something s1 pm'd you? Why? Please explain, i dont get this.

Random jabs at corp members to prove a point about said corps mentality, read above bout not judging a person by corp alone, works both ways.

• Upvote 2

Attack/Defend the T4 zones an dont try to micro manage the T3 stuff. Tis none of yer business till there are no games elsewhere.

Yooooo0o0o0o0o0000o0, THIS.

I'm still on vacation for another two days, but I've found temporary access to a computer that's actually capable of running an internet browser. Dirk and WhiteNoise have had my full backing while I was away. You can assume that whatever they've been doing to improve things was as a full representative of Arch and of me.

There's a good reason I've stayed out of intercorp or otherwise political matters in the past. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the greatest leader, and aside from running Arch, I have little experience with it. Going from that to managing 50+ people in one of the highest profile corporations in the game was not something I was prepared for. It got too personal, and too stressful, and I lost my cool. I made a lot of anger-fueled decisions that were significantly less than intelligent. I called in a Zerg when that reached a boiling point. A lot of people got angry over that, and to be honest, that was kind of the point. I was furious, and at that point I was operating under the assumption that my past efforts were a waste of time.

I called in the Zerg entirely out of spite, and I apologize for it. I also apologize for any disrespectful trash I've spewed out of the same anger or spite, even to people who were responding in kind. I'm better than that, and Arch is better than that. Going forward I will be placing much more of the overall management in the hands of Arch VPs and Officers. But whatever your thoughts on my actions and the actions of others in Arch in recent days are, bringing them up over and over again will get you nowhere. I have no interest in ultimatums. Trying to protect your ego is pathetic at best, so bury it and be a better representative of this game. Saying "we're still going to take all your sectors" in the middle of talks is an easy way to ruin any progress made. That's what got us here in the first place.

A few people have said things to me that were far across the line for what's acceptable even in trash talk. Out of respect for the greater goal, I'm going to bury it so long as everyone else can do the same.

What needs to happen now is actual progress, which thankfully has indeed been happening.

So.

Without addressing any specific posts, my day one intent was to give away some sectors and bar them from interference from heavier-hitting corporations. The sectors in question seem to have been agreed upon as Vanguard Outpost and Colonization Hub, and that's fine by me.

I am also on board with the following:

-Allowing the corporations to bring in NASA/Arch to defend against anyone who violates this agreement, or against any corps that may do so without knowledge of its existence. (Particularly any Russian ones.)
-Allowing a defender or attacker to bring in a small number of NASA/Arch for the purpose of teaching or training, and only with explicit permission from both the attacker and defender before the attack is announced.

If you argue semantics or bring up anything I've already apologized for as ammunition for further arguments, consider your argument a textbook case of ignorance. Move on.
  • Upvote 2

After taking a couple hours to cool off, I have also realized I've crossed some lines. I apologize for my trash-talk.

So back to the real reason why I created this thread: Let's find common ground and rebuild the relations between Arch and NASA.

No, we were never officially allies, but we were never at each other's throats like we are now. From what I've gathered from the posts where everyone was level-headed and not fueled by the constant trash-talk, it seems as though everyone is in consensus that Colonization Hub and Vanguard Outpost will be free from NASA/Arch interference (except in the specific cases Nuke listed).

We all also seem to be on the same page as far as wanting games. I mean, let's face it, it sucks when you don't get a game, either because you were the only attacker and no one defended, or there were multiple attacks, but you were the only wing to not be defended against.

I think we can all agree it fair that we watch over our corps, and make sure that none of our corpmates are setting a bad reputation for the corp, either in global chat or in rage-PMs. If we come across any issues, let them be resolved peacefully, and following an appropriate chain of command.

I'll join the discussion too, tbh this does not effect me that much being in EU timezone.

However, every now and again im available for the US fights and it seems to me that the everyone is after the same thing... a game.

Was around on ts when whitenoise came in with his ideas an all sounds reasonable but tbh for me too complicated for a game that involves tha BLAMMO!

There is a different problem here in fed space though, 2 stronger corps dictating the playing field as opposed to the nonesense of the RU/EU regions. All this talk of giving away sectors like it is your want to do so, these smaller corps will seem to zerg rush eventually regardless of any agreement. If any corp really that strong then a monopoly will be gained so strong corp has most sectors so most attacks happening against them.

This only results in more games for ppl if they ally themselves with said stronger corp in def wings or in other words supporting that monopoly.

I get that ppl wanna even the playing field but 'support' or 'consultant' players are allowed in wings? Sounds to me like more game rigging, we should all be aware by now what one single 'ace' in a T3 or even 4 game can do. To pretend like you dont know how this can be abused is nothing short of foolishness and actually a starting point for training the newest of pilots. ie Where/who is our problem?

To be concise, if u gonna leave things alone with the 'newbies' then actually leave it alone.

I dont judge a person by the corp they in an sometimes s1 will take control an suprise you with their mad ideas. Thats what i wanna see more of, not anything static.

As for the rest, offended by something s1 pm'd you? Why? Please explain, i dont get this.

Random jabs at corp members to prove a point about said corps mentality, read above bout not judging a person by corp alone, works both ways.

I like everything you said. I think our perspective on this is very similar.

Edit: Meaning I like keeping things simple.

Yay, it seems you are all friends again :)

Can we get back to pew pew pewing one another now?

man there is something off...

kosty apologized! They had to kidnap his kid or something! *Taken 4 2015*

Nice speech Nuc, honest and good.

Also nice summary Kosty.

I like the fact of apologies all around.

Drinks on the house!

Greetings all. 

I'm WhiteNoise a VP of Arch, also Arch's newly assigned Ambassador/Inter-Corp Relations Officer, and the acting CEO of Arch while NuclearHail is on vacation. I have already talked to some of you on your respective TS servers. The CEOs and VPs I've not talked to yet, I'm planning to.   All of you are welcome to friend or follow me in game so (through me) you can communicate with Arch more easily.  :002:

I will be working on the wording of an agreement to create a "Fed space training system". Where new corps can come and play dread battles without fear of being turned to mincemeat by Elite corps.

Provided nothing unexpected comes up, I hope to have a rough draft done this weekend and posted to this thread. From there we can discuss changes or why sections were written a certain way.

Until we speak again, Live Long and Prosper!  

Now that we have this worked out, What about the other Fed space battles the ones in the morning?

any thoughts about making Hybrid teams to take back some of our/ your  sectors

We cant fill a full attacking wing but each of our corps have members who would like to play

if we can get a English speaking corp in there then we can all help to defend it.

HalFfast CEO BEASTs

Now that we have this worked out, What about the other Fed space battles the ones in the morning?

any thoughts about making Hybrid teams to take back some of our/ your  sectors

We cant fill a full attacking wing but each of our corps have members who would like to play

if we can get a English speaking corp in there then we can all help to defend it.

HalFfast CEO BEASTs

Problem with the morning sectors, very few of the US corps can field wings at that hour. In Arch, we have very few EU pilots, so it is rare we can field a full wing at that hour. As much as I would love to take those sectors back from the Russians, the simple fact is, the Russians out-number us at that hour, so even if we did take the sectors back, we couldn't keep them out of the hands of Russian corps for long.

I still think all of fed space should be reverted back to one battle time (or back to two US/SEA battle times), as US players really got screwed over when almost half of fed space was given to the Russians. Sure, Russians are more active, but if the change was based on past data that fed space was fairly inactive, then that would suggest that the devs forgot that the smaller US corps who aren't as active/don't have as many pilots weren't able to complete their dreadnoughts in the same time frame as other corps (especially in the same time frame as the Russian corps who were given a 50k iridium cap OVER A YEAR before other corps, and who knew that dreads were coming long before any official announcements were made). But that's a topic for another thread.

A bit late to this convo, and I'm pretty neutral (but happened to be a bystander in a few of those dread battles in question, I think); but I actually think it might be better if some of the lesser corps are absorbed into the strongest ones...A great clash between giants will be more competitive and exciting for the population at this stage of the game. The main problems of course would be collusion among the giants to suppress competition, and the large barrier for new players (but this could be alleviated with junior/feeder corps).

Although I can see that it is also good to try the current strategy of fostering some of the smaller corps currently, I worry the game population will be too diffuse and meaningless.

TL;DR: There are potential benefits to an epic rivalry between elite corps, e.g. Arch vs. NASA...

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm going to bring this up, as it was part of the terms I set up for the Arch/NASA-free sectors (Colonization Hub and Vanguard Outpost).

Part of the arrangement that I had proposed for setting aside these two sectors was that activity (significant activity) had to be shown in order for NASA/Arch to remain out of them.

As of the past few weeks, I haven't seen hardly any battles going on in those two sectors. Have all the corps decided they don't care about those sectors any more? Or have you just forgotten that these were set aside for you? I think it fair to keep the the arrangement that if significant acitivty wasn't shown in those sectors, they would be opened up to everyone again, especially seeing how the smaller corps that these were set aside for are attacking the non-protected sectors, not that this is a bad thing, but I think that it is pointless to have these sectors be protected from "big-boys" if they won't be used.

We have been a little busy defending, these past few weeks but the attacks will resume!!,

Just a question to all this, undefended sectors. wouldn't you rather have multiple attackers bring down the sector together?

that way the damage is 40 to 50% and everyone gets a game or attack alone and the smaller corps fight over the protected sector and the big boys are only doing 10 to 20% damage to defense?

But with out all of the politics involved how do we get more corps involved in dreadnought battles? But that's a post for another day

HalFfast CEO BEASTs

The reason I wrote this post was because we have seen that the smaller corps have been fighting actively in the "unprotected" sectors, and kinda ignoring the "safe" ones.

I think since it seems that the smaller corps don't really care about having "safe" sectors to fight in, we should just open it back up to the "big boys" (NASA, Arch, OWL).

All those 2 sectors are now are free rewards for the corps that are holding them, with no cost for keeping them. The intention for those two sectors were to be rewards for smaller corps that could be earned without worry of the "big boys" roflstomping a team and taking the rewards.

The reason I wrote this post was because we have seen that the smaller corps have been fighting actively in the "unprotected" sectors, and kinda ignoring the "safe" ones.

I think since it seems that the smaller corps don't really care about having "safe" sectors to fight in, we should just open it back up to the "big boys" (NASA, Arch, OWL).

All those 2 sectors are now are free rewards for the corps that are holding them, with no cost for keeping them. The intention for those two sectors were to be rewards for smaller corps that could be earned without worry of the "big boys" roflstomping a team and taking the rewards.

do not meddle in the affairs of us smaller corporations! 

On behalf of smaller corporations, I advise you, stay as far away from all of us as best you can. I have eyes absolutely everywhere and I WILL bring you down.

Seeing as I'm an owner of one of those "safe" sectors, I should've responded sooner to this thread...my bad.

You're absolutely right Dirk, there has not been as much activity there recently, and it seems that is because people have been going after SALT and other sectors a lot more than ours and Col Hub.   What I can say about this, is that no matter what the situation is, I always defend my sector if someone is attacking it.  I know that the intended purpose for this sector was for us to use it without worry of being completely destroyed by you heavy hitters, and I do my best to use it for just that.  

Now that it's come to my attention that not enough people are actually attacking for us to defend, I'll try harder to get more corporations to attack our sector.  I'll also do my best to prevent this issue from rising up again.  I realize that we've essentially been taking advantage of the free rewards, and I apologize for that.  It'll be fixed very soon.

Xelavian

CEO - FDEF

Seeing as I'm an owner of one of those "safe" sectors, I should've responded sooner to this thread...my bad.

You're absolutely right Dirk, there has not been as much activity there recently, and it seems that is because people have been going after SALT and other sectors a lot more than ours and Col Hub.   What I can say about this, is that no matter what the situation is, I always defend my sector if someone is attacking it.  I know that the intended purpose for this sector was for us to use it without worry of being completely destroyed by you heavy hitters, and I do my best to use it for just that.  

Now that it's come to my attention that not enough people are actually attacking for us to defend, I'll try harder to get more corporations to attack our sector.  I'll also do my best to prevent this issue from rising up again.  I realize that we've essentially been taking advantage of the free rewards, and I apologize for that.  It'll be fixed very soon.

Xelavian

CEO - FDEF

I came back to see that lots of things went down, including radix/fdef holding the free sectors. What's interesting is how few attacks there are against those sectors. Also the fake attacks are still rolling on in fed space once more.

It is definitely a two-way street. Attacks have to happen for defenses to respond. 

Personally, I think we should just open up the sectors again to the heavy hitters (Arch, NASA, OWL), and just go about dreadnoughts as usual, since not much activity has happened in those sectors in the last few weeks. But, there is also the part of me that thinks it would be nice to give a week or so for the smaller corps to prove that they will actually use the sectors that have been given to them to be a battleground without worry of NASA, Arch, or OWL interference.

Any thoughts?

Also, @Shotan: Keep in mind that the "big boys" agreed to leave Vanguard and Colonization alone and let the smaller corps fight for them, and if the smaller corps don't hold up their end of the deal (actually using the sectors), then the "big boys" have all the rights to open them up again and partake in fighting for them. Opening them up may look like meddling in smaller corps affairs or picking on you, but it isn't. We also have every right to not stay away from you if conditions are not met.

if you screw with us we will gangbang you. we will, don't put it past us. I know RadiX has a crapton of allies and im sure all the bigger corporations have enemies that will help us against them. It's hard being a smaller corporation so we do tend to band together and it doesn't help when bigger corps try to bully into our sectors and find loopholes in a treaty. 

You knock on our door, we knock down yours. ;)

EDIT: 

thought i should add more. 

We are fine with smaller corporations attacking us. Just don't want the bigger ones to break the treaty. We smaller corps stopped gangbanging you (NASA) because of this treaty. don't start it up again. 

I know RadiX has a crapton of allies

y8TQj93.gif

Back to the subject, I think that since the original purpose of those sectors aren't being fulfilled, we should open it back up for grabs by anyone. At least that generates activity as a whole.

But I agree with you Dirk, let's give around a week for the smaller corps to step up their game and actually attack those sectors. That was the original plan - for an area free from interference where the small corps can have free reign.

If they don't do anything, then it should be up for grabs.