How's this for a semi-final draft:

1. Colonization Hub and Vanguard Outpost will be made into small corp-only sectors, in which NASA and Arch are only allowed to send one or two mentors to each team to help them develop dreadnought tactics and improve their skills. If no battles occur, or no evidence is shown that attempts to have battles are being made, the sectors will open up for Arch and NASA to compete for.

2. Zerg rushes against NASA/BEASTs will end, provided that the following occur:

a) No corps will go back on their word without valid reasoning (reasoning accepted as valid by several neutral parties).

b) Corp members do not send hateful PMs towards other corps that can be taken personally. If one corp's member has an issue with another corp's member, PM a member of the corp's leadership and explain your issue with the pilot in question, PEACEFULLY.

c) Any hate towards another corp is only expressed within wing or corp chat. Do not spread rumors, slander, or lies about another corp in global chat or PMs.

(All of these will apply to all corps involved)

3. All corps and pilots involved realize this is a game, and we all want to have fun, and to get games.

Also, Mecron, you never answered HiveStar as to what NASA's ultimatum was. Before I finalize terms, it would be nice to know what said ultimatum is, in case it may affect the terms.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Politics... I think you should all just vote for a galactic dictator (me) to rule in your stead, solve all problems and allocate sectors to those corps that deserve them. I will bring justice to tbe

So NASA has one sector and Arch has two.   Mecron & I have helped Nuke in a defense in the past. THE VERY NEXT day Nuke created some alliance with 3 or 4 corps to spam attack ALL NASA sectors.

I agree with you on this. If there is anything to be had, I'd say there is a very small man with a big Napoleon complex on the other side of this title. From my perspective looking inwards, from as l

Arch leadership (VPs) can go talk with them tonight. Quite frankly, I don't know why they wouldn't accept the terms. This will only benefit them, as we aren't placing any restrictions on them, we're only making it easier for them.

Well if they accept it, nice. I think its a stupid idea since two good ArchCore pilots would dominate an Ultra team so much that u can actually forget about the Ultra team and just let the two players fly. But i wont talk against it and if u pull it off have fun.

Well if they accept it, nice. I think its a stupid idea since two good ArchCore pilots would dominate an Ultra team so much that u can actually forget about the Ultra team and just let the two players fly. But i wont talk against it and if u pull it off have fun.

If Ultra/FDEF wishes, we could change the terms so that only 1 mentor would be allowed per team. Any Ultra/FDEF leaders have any comments?

Oh, I missed that question - whoops. Here:

All of this lead us to this point, and here is what is the current situation is:

- The moment ANY sector in NA Federation space is pushed through for capture, NASA will be there, and we will try our best to bring our A game to that, numbers are irrelevant, if you cant beat us, you aren't getting the sector.

- If that to be a NASA sector to fall, we will be there, and we will give it to  OWLs, again, because they are cool, if you can't beat us, you can't get the sector.

Personally:

I agree with these terms except for 3. This is serious business. SRS BSNUS.

Sarcasm aside,

I really don't care about the zerg rushes, as it gives games, but I doubt that the zergrushing will persist because if these terms are implemented, the small corps will fight in their allocated sectors because they'll have a chance to win.

2c is going to be hard to control for all corps, however if any NASA member is caught out of line in global chat, send them my way. The issue here is a certain few people (we all know who) who love doing so. After all, it is the Internet.

As for the mentorship, I think only one per side should be allowed, now that I have seen Erik's point. Two would start influencing the battle and shuts out an additional potential trainee. One pilot can't carry a battle alone either.

I was told by the CEO of Arch that they will offer guidance in field, and will weakly provide support, attempting to shadow the players and correct them over TS/Comms.

They are not meant to solo carry a team to victory at will.

Ah, that ultimatum. Well that doesn't affect the terms at all (provided that NASA respects condition 1).

For 2c, I think we can agree that an effort is made to prevent this, by the entirety of a corp. (Meaning that any members caught in global or in PMs can be screenshotted, and dealt with by leadership of their corp accordingly).

Once I get some input from Ultra/FDEF leaders regarding their thoughts on the mentor pilots in the two sectors, I will write the final terms and conditions. Until then, use my semi-final draft of terms to discuss with your corps.

Ah, that ultimatum. Well that doesn't affect the terms at all (provided that NASA respects condition 1).

For 2c, I think we can agree that an effort is made to prevent this, by the entirety of a corp. (Meaning that any members caught in global or in PMs can be screenshotted, and dealt with by leadership of their corp accordingly).

Once I get some input from Ultra/FDEF leaders regarding their thoughts on the mentor pilots in the two sectors, I will write the final terms and conditions. Until then, use my semi-final draft of terms to discuss with your corps.

Oh, and Whitenoise mentioned your chatter in corp chat about this.

They didn't really understand, as what was written was general and based on this agreement, meaning that it was not directly quoted (unless it was, then in that case it was misunderstood).

As it is said in the Art of War:

“If words of command are not clear and distinct, if orders are not thoroughly understood, the general is to blame. But if his orders are clear, and the soldiers nevertheless disobey, then it is the fault of their officers.”

Oh, and Whitenoise mentioned your chatter in corp chat about this.

They didn't really understand, as what was written was general and based on this agreement, meaning that it was not directly quoted (unless it was, then in that case it was misunderstood).

What do you mean my chatter? My talks here on the forum? I'm confused

Conditions this , conditions that blah blah blah, all these discussions are held like on some g8 summit bs, neither NASA nor Arch have anything to do here.

Here is what NASA will do, we were already doing it until this moment anyways for longest time.

- We will not attack/defend Vanguard Outpost and Colonization Hub, as long as Arch doesn't attack it/defend it with full force, we don't need any conditions for this, we never cared for those anyways.

- The rest of the Federation Space belongs to NASA and OWLs, come in zerg come alone - w/e, we have perfect counter to your zerg and we can take you one 1 on 1

As long as we are not asked to help to deal with someone who is clearly out of their league in  these 2 sectors, we arent coming (if you want to setup some headcount allowed for atta/defence - w/e, there aren't that many NASA pilots that would do it anyways)

For the rest of the so called "conditions", i dont give a single smoked baloney, if someone can't handle me calling them out on their actions, they have bigger issues than QQ in PvP multiplayer game.

• Upvote 1

^^

This right here is why these discussions have gotten nowhere. It seems that everyone except you is willing to be reasonable. Mecron, Kazumi, seriously, everyone except you on this discussion is being reasonable.

Go ahead, keep making your claims that "NASA does this, and NASA does that", even if you aren't fully supported by your corp. This attitude you have and your refusal to be reasonable are going to make enemies, enemies that might hold it against NASA, instead of just against you. So go ahead, keep it up, and see if your corp appreciates what you are doing.

Also, by the same token, if you can't handle the rest of us calling you out on your actions, then you may want to reconsider your constant BS you have been putting up thus far, and leave the discussions to the reasonable people in your corp.

oh and 1 more thing, if don't realise that your self, if you're coming in The zerg, you are purposely removing games from those sectors and those corporations in need, which is pretty much is not "helping the community"

^^

This right here is why these discussions have gotten nowhere. It seems that everyone except you is willing to be reasonable. Mecron, Kazumi, seriously, everyone except you on this discussion is being reasonable.

you dont get it do you. i am not backing up on what i sad about Arch - you kept telling everybody you are helping no0bs and going to do so with good intents, an dyet you kept doing the opposite in game, after all of that you still talking here like that never happened, w/e. 

We don't need yoru conditions, the only thing that will help small corps is let them do w/e they want, we never interfered with their business, Arch did, we never attacked them, Arch did, we gave out our sector unconditionally even when we were having less and less income, Arch stomped them. 

There is nothing to discuss except for a single fact will we or will we not let them deal with themselves, period.

WHich for the most part boils down will Arch do that or not, since NASA were doing this all along.

P.S. (On your point about Lazy NASA management) Let me remind you that you WERE the ONE of those figures.

Here is what NASA will do, we were already doing it until this moment anyways for longest time.

- We will not attack/defend Vanguard Outpost and Colonization Hub, as long as Arch doesn't attack it/defend it with full force, we don't need any conditions for this, we never cared for those anyways.

- The rest of the Federation Space belongs to NASA and OWLs, come in zerg come alone - w/e, we have perfect counter to your zerg and we can take you one 1 on 1

The thing here is that Kostyan's points are still in line with those aforementioned conditions. Vanguard and Colonization is not no-man's land, everything else is.

There is a simple logic behind all of this, the more you like NASA, the less games NASA have, the less games NASA have the less NASA we have, this has been this way for years. We are not here to hug and drink tea, this is a game about blowing shiт up, this is not EvE about social interactions, this is about blowing shiт up, i will oppose anything that will diminish my ability to blow shiт up in style.

There is a simple logic behind all of this, the more you like NASA, the less games NASA have, the less games NASA have the less NASA we have, this has been this way for years. We are not here to hug and drink tea, this is a game about blowing shiт up, this is not EvE about social interactions, this is about blowing shiт up, i will oppose anything that will diminish my ability to blow shiт up in style.

I thought EvE was Competitive Spreadsheets Simulator.

P.S. (On your point about Lazy NASA management) Let me remind you that you WERE the ONE of those figures.

I was also one of the few in management who wasn't being lazy. As an officer in NASA, I could only do so much to reduce laziness (especially when it came to dreads). If you recall, in my letter of resignation, I left NASA because there was a lack of caring for dreadnoughts in the NASA leadership (in general). At that time, Statue was the only VP who actually showed a genuine interest in dreadnoughts, and after Tillo demoted him to Officer for w/e reason, my feeling that NASA leadership was arrogant/nasty only grew, further driving me to quit NASA. Yes, your leadership now isn't lazy, promoting Mecron to VP was really what fixed that for you. As for the arrogance of why I left, I still see that, especially in you.

The thing here is that Kostyan's points are still in line with those aforementioned conditions. Vanguard and Colonization is not no-man's land, everything else is.

I'm well aware that they are still in line. I'm just giving fore-warning that his arrogance and inability to be a reasonable human being aren't going to win him anything.

oh and 1 more thing, if don't realise that your self, if you're coming in The zerg, you are purposely removing games from those sectors and those corporations in need, which is pretty much is not "helping the community"

Why zerg rush when we're already accomplishing what we set out to do? The goal Arch leadership set was to help the community in dreadnoughts, and we are doing just that by dedicating these two sectors to be NASA/Arch free. I don't know how the rest of Arch feels about it, but from the leadership I've talked to, we could care less about sector control. We care about getting games and having fun (clearly something you don't value, or at least that's the way you make it seem with your remarks). As for the main reason behind "why zerg rush", we already accomplished the goal the zerg rushes were supposed to achieve. To prove you wrong (mainly Mustacho). To prove that no, you can't drive us out of fed space, no, you can't drive Arch into the ground, and yes, Arch is a more well-respected corp (in US time zone)

There is a simple logic behind all of this, the more you like NASA, the less games NASA have, the less games NASA have the less NASA we have, this has been this way for years. 

Not true, not even in the slightest. I was in NASA over a year, and that was NEVER the case. If you liked NASA, NASA didn't care, if you didn't like NASA, NASA didn't care. Whether or not someone liked/disliked NASA made no influence over whether or not NASA got games.

Although, to be perfectly honest, hating NASA will result in NASA not getting games more-so than liking NASA. It's quite simple, a corp hates NASA, so they refuse to fight NASA. If enough corps begin to hate NASA, NASA will no longer get any games. (Sure, you may take off 10 or 20% every night, but you will never play another dreadnought game, as NASA at least).

I highly doubt any of us are here to "hug and drink tea". Most of us are probably here because we enjoy this game and want to have fun playing it. And fun for some people isn't the same as it is for others.

All unreasonable comments aside, do we have a consensus between corps/reasonable leadership?

I can understand why Windswept left, as I left for many of the same reasons (arrogance from some members and lazy leadership). Granted, from what I have seen in NASA in the last few weeks, the lazy leadership has been resolved for the most part.

I feel like we need to make a decision about how much effort we want to put in to try to restore the corp [...] It's going to take a lot of effort on all of our parts, and I'm not sure that it's going to be worth it, this is a game after all, and we all have real lives we have to live.

If I remember correctly day after that you left NASAGang.

I was also one of the few in management who wasn't being lazy. As an officer in NASA, I could only do so much to reduce laziness (especially when it came to dreads). If you recall, in my letter of resignation, I left NASA because there was a lack of caring for dreadnoughts in the NASA leadership (in general). At that time, Statue was the only VP who actually showed a genuine interest in dreadnoughts, and after Tillo demoted him to Officer for w/e reason, my feeling that NASA leadership was arrogant/nasty only grew, further driving me to quit NASA. Yes, your leadership now isn't lazy, promoting Mecron to VP was really what fixed that for you. As for the arrogance of why I left, I still see that, especially in you.

soo...

@about statue... u know nothing about it and yet u get some "conclusions" then act on 'em? That's good feature for someone who is taking care of corp "politics"

Although, to be perfectly honest, hating NASA will result in NASA not getting games more-so than liking NASA. It's quite simple, a corp hates NASA, so they refuse to fight NASA. If enough corps begin to hate NASA, NASA will no longer get any games. (Sure, you may take off 10 or 20% every night, but you will never play another dreadnought game, as NASA at least).

So we will get entire fed space w/o fight? That's kinda nice of you, after that there will be someone which will show up. Like Arch's zerg attack.

Me like it. We doin dat.

Mecron! That's all we need to agree here, free sectors(one iri, one GS) from us for 2 weeks. If those sectors will be at 90+% after those 2 weeks just take 'em.  :012j:

Dirk your statements keep contradicting yor ingame actions, if you dont care for sectors

you would give them away as arch prommised

you would not went to great lenghts defending them

you would not went nuts went nasa did not help you defend those sectors

All of this empty thread is to let small corps to have free space, so far arch is the only one threating them.

All of your threats towards NASA are not in line of helping small corps at all, since NASA has never been agressive towards them, if anything that is quite the opposite if NASA dissapears, who will contain Arch? Will you quit dreads for no opponents or will you just capture everything unconditionaly?

@tilo, no we stay out of these sectors, i dont care who controls them, there is plenty of room.

What do you mean my chatter? My talks here on the forum? I'm confused

Teamspeak and in-game, according to whitenoise.

I will not go further so as to "expose" your actual messages as I have only heard what he has said.

Therefore I cannot truly say that you have failed to mention the consensus, rather I can say it was miscommunicated instead to your superiors.

Sadly I am not at liberty to further this, as you'd have to talk with whitenoise over this misunderstanding which I had resolved with him.

Let me rephrase, we don't care about being sector greedy. We are not in this for the rewards, we are in it for the games, and for the fun.

So we will get entire fed space w/o fight? That's kinda nice of you, after that there will be someone which will show up. Like Arch's zerg attack.

I think you forget what Arch's goal is. Helping the community includes preventing one corp from taking over the entire fed space (which you wouldn't be able to do, even with help from OWL). On that note, we don't want NASA to disappear, as they are currently the only corp who can give us a good fight. Why remove the competition if your goal is to get games?

Also, I'm well aware of what I said the day before I resigned. I was already contemplating leaving at that point, but I was still going to give the corp all the effort I could, regardless of how I felt, as it was the right thing to do. Morals mean a lot more to me than anyone here realizes. Doing what's right should (in my opinion) be the first thing on everyone's mind. But clearly, that isn't the case with NASA (from how you and Kost have made it seem at least). You care about winning, you care about rewards, even if it is at the expense of everyone else having fun or getting games.

Dirk your statements keep contradicting yor ingame actions, if you dont care for sectors
you would give them away as arch prommised
you would not went to great lenghts defending them
you would not went nuts went nasa did not help you defend those sectors

All of this empty thread is to let small corps to have free space, so far arch is the only one threating them.
All of your threats towards NASA are not in line of helping small corps at all, since NASA has never been agressive towards them, if anything that is quite the opposite if NASA dissapears, who will contain Arch? Will you quit dreads for no opponents or will you just capture everything unconditionaly?

@tilo, no we stay out of these sectors, i dont care who controls them, there is plenty of room.

Firstly, MY words on this forum won't always reflect the in-game actions of my corporation. I am not directly in control of Arch, nor am I a VP. I am just passing along MY thoughts, as well as the thoughts of other Arch members who have asked me to express them in my posts here.

Secondly, We did give away 2 sectors. We took Vanguard Outpost from NASA, then gave it to FDEF. We also let BEASTs have Colonization Hub. Your argument there is invalid. Yes, we would still defend our sectors, even if our goal is to help the community. Defending sectors is creating games, which overall benefits the community, as more people get games. Our zerg rush of NASA can be looked at as benefitting the community as it showed the smaller corps that even the tallest of giants can be toppled.

Also, I fail to see how Arch is threatening the smaller corps. We have been the leading front on helping the smaller corps in dreadnoughts, and in no way have we EVER tried to diminish them or ruin them. Sure, NASA hasn't hurt them, but NASA hasn't done anything to help them either.

Teamspeak and in-game, according to whitenoise.

I will not go further so as to "expose" your actual messages as I have only heard what he has said.

Therefore I cannot truly say that you have failed to mention the consensus, rather I can say it was miscommunicated instead to your superiors.

Sadly I am not at liberty to further this, as you'd have to talk with whitenoise over this misunderstanding which I had resolved with him.

Ah, I understand now, I will be sure to rectify any miscommunications with my corp.

So we both stay out of Vanguard outpost and Col Hub? I'm fine with this.

And I agree. the rest should be free for all.

I personally enjoy facing NASA. 

So we both stay out of Vanguard outpost and Col Hub? I'm fine with this.

And I agree. the rest should be free for all.

That was the idea.