Star Conflict v.1.1.4 Discussion

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good day! yes ammunitions are definitely included.

I am not looking forward to ECMs system hacking LRF mines out from under me.   I'm also not looking forward to the Waki AE having 15 seconds of beacon denial time. Also capping under covert ops/LRF

ah, an interesting remark, that makes me kinda reply, even if this gets a bit off topic...  

Good day, our system allows us to make it available either for all tiers, or for only one.

The best option would then be that it is reserved only for T5.

Limiting Doomsday to only 1 tiers is not a correct solution.

This missile is actually a great tool to couter frigates starting in T3, Inferior Tiers don't have the correct tools to prevent this missile to be too punitive.

Missile Shields, Flares and now Holograms are offering a great defense against missiles.

Good day, our system allows us to make it available either for all tiers, or for only one.

I see. In that case you can break the missile into tiers. Like the standard missiles.

That way you will also be able to balance the damage and make it scalable.

Remove doomsday. Or make it available to frigates only... It's on ecm / tackler / cov ops that they are a pain in the xxxx, how can nobody see this? Maybe remove the crafting component and make it a command / ingi feature only (with a bit more speed to make them more reliable). It's the same issue that we encounter with attacks drones on taclker. This "crafting" and generic missile slot weapon ruins balance coz it allows combo that shouldn't be available for some ships... You even have a same kind of balancing issue by allowing older players to keep passive modules that are not obtainable in a tier (like the t3 anti-matter shield). If there is no means to have it for all players, it needs to be removed, coz it can screw balance at some point.

If your system doesn't allow you to do somehting like what was suggested, the system might need to be modified...

Cruise engine : no, it doesn't reduce maneuverability. At all. You just need to learn how to fly with it and don't keep afterburner activated at all time like a moron. If the rotation / strafe penalty was prolongated like 2 or 3 sec after the release of afterburner, yes, it would be balanced and a reduce maneuverability. In it's current iteration, it isn't. Edit : and it won't lose to interceptor. With higher speed, it can escape and come back to engage when the situation will favor it. Ceptors have no way to deal with that. They can't even run themselves.

The idea of drones is great. I like the concept of tackler's drones (and I think a lot of player agree with that). There durability is good (maybe a bit too low to my taste, and even worse with the hacking module...). It's the damage and / or precision that is a bit too high, and only on the sentry one... The guard drones might even  need a bit of higher rotation speed :p

On the other points, I agree, the team do a great job :012j:

I think it's more that we, the player community, found that Star Conflict is fantastic (and we'll never thank you enough for that gift :D)! It just lacks little tweaks on mechanics that are REALLY frustrating, in order to be more balanced and really fun at all time.

• Upvote 2

Thank u for constructive opinion. And we'd like to comment ur points.

Taklers Drones: yes, but we don't want to keep our game only in shooting limits. Appearance of drones adds the strategic element in the game, that's why so far we r not planning to change them, although we r collecting the feedback.

Cruise Engine: yes while using it the fighter becomes faster BUT it significantly loses its ability to maneuver. and in fight with interceptor it most certainly will lose.

Have a fantastic day)

Absolutely nope to both statements!

- There's nothing strategic in spamming droes running everywhere like a headless chicken at 700 speed waiting for them to collect casual kills with zero skill!!

- FALSE again. Just add couple of vernier, drones and bubbles with insanely high area of damage to kill every ceptors... Skill and aim required.. nearly zero i'm afraid..

i1024868_screenshot150506192358.jpg

YOu are really really doing wrong with the game recentely!!!

There's some stuff that it's clearly broken and fighting ruining (destructor, drones spam, cruise engine, excess of ecm disabling modules) and instead of removing or fixing it you keep adding some new broken stuff trying to compensate the previous mess!!!

Game is turning in a complete arcade laggy mess!!! It's definetely losing all of the residual simulation aspect!!! Remove the broken stuff and stop wasting time, developing on this crap (sorry for being rude) but really focus on advertising and adding contents!!! Please before it's too late ;)

• Upvote 2

I have never seen the game like a simulation myself. It has always been an arcade space shooter to me (and that's why I have fun with it :D )

@Error : I guess we are on topic, discussing the effect of module hack on tackler's drones, how it affects balance of the game. Hence we need to talk about cruise engine as it's a huge part of this issue. Those thing are all related to me.

I agree on doomsday though, it's not related :D

Star Conflict is not a simulator. And they just did add a load of content. Two new ships and three new modules, one of which actually helps to counter both the drone spam (by stealing them) and the ECM "stun" module spam (since the ECM are given a new role to play in battle, and a larger choice of modules means people will have to think twice about which module will be the most useful for their team and help them to win).

Absolutely nope to both statements!

- There's nothing strategic in spamming droes running everywhere like a headless chicken at 700 speed waiting for them to collect casual kills with zero skill!!

- FALSE again. Just add couple of vernier, drones and bubbles with insanely high area of damage to kill every ceptors... Skill and aim required.. nearly zero i'm afraid..

YOu are really really doing wrong with the game recentely!!!

There's some stuff that it's clearly broken and fighting ruining (destructor, drones spam, cruise engine, excess of ecm disabling modules) and instead of removing or fixing it you keep adding some new broken stuff trying to compensate the previous mess!!!

Game is turning in a complete arcade laggy mess!!! It's definetely losing all of the residual simulation aspect!!! Remove the broken stuff and stop wasting time, developing on this crap (sorry for being rude) but really focus on advertising and adding contents!!! Please before it's too late ;)

Drone spam is not game breaking. In fact, the only thing I hate about drone spam is when they are IN MY TEAM! Because they are useless.

Cruise engine is ok. Learn to counter it. Also, try to fit one and show us that you don't need skill to use it.

Bubbles and cruise tackler doesn't need skill?? Ask NERW about that... he is the only one good enough to make that work. All the other guys I have seen fail trying that.

ECM modules have been the same for years. With the new hacking one, ECM have to choose which modules they want to fit. I think it is great.

So far all those modules has introduced new layers of strategic options in games, which are making this richer every day.

I'd like to know how you counter the cruise engine... That would help me A LOT. Something that doesn't involve ECM or tackler I mean...

On drones, yup they are not gamebreaking. Sentry drone is just way too much punishing for recon and cov ops. To the point that you don't want to go close to one (or you need to start close to turn around), or you just want to have plasma gun coz it's the only weapon that can deal with them. Yup, drones put randomly on the open are useless. But well placed they are great aera denial weapons. I agree that it need some skill to use them to their full potential.

Still have to disagree guys..

I've been in this game for so long and i'm stll in by the way. But what really caught me was the mix between simulation and arcade.. Now that the game is completely losing the simulation part, for the first time i find it less appealing to me.. And i think i'm not the only one..

By the way whan I talk about contents i mean new mission, game modes, advertising, econonomy and startegical simulative contents coz i find the game lacks a lot there. But for sure not speaking about small stuff (to me at least) like repainted ships or sopme new arcade modules to add to teh hundreds we already have ;)

And by the way for bubble tackler strafe circle a bit in and out of the AB. It worked for me at least.

Fanfulla

We respect ur opinion about the game, but we can't agree about absence of strategical element and cruise engine. Speaking about the development of our game we would appreciate some specific suggestions. 

Fanfulla

We respect ur opinion about the game, but we can't agree about absence of strategical element and cruise engine. Speaking about the development of our game we would appreciate some specific suggestions. 

People post loads and loads of suggestions all the time and same did I.

Most important thing to me is removing the cruise engine if i had to go for one but fundamental suggestion. That module completely screw the game imho.

B4 this module you had to think about positioning very carefully while flying a fighter (that's simulation!)..

Now those ships can run everywhere better than ceptors. Before that module drones spam didn't exist, tacklers spam didn't exist. I'm sick of running among the beacons myself looking afters these headless cickens all the time preventing them form capturing..U wouldn't need new recon and ecm modules now wich ppl are already complaining about... (and this is an arcade mess!)

Is it fun? Not for me at least ;)

• Upvote 3

havent played or testet any thing havent been able to even see a dreadnough, been looking thow. its seams to me that if u are not in a good corp you wont ever battel one or even see one.. how about making a pvp pvw mode were theres a dreadnought peeps could fly with or agenst?! sadly there is still nothing for me to do in this game any more. id sickens/sadens me how much this game is trying to lure players with new dread vidio when the truth is they wont see a dread for a loong time..iv been wishing for big ship battels since day one, when it finaly comes its only for the eliete few..thats rly no way to make a game mode. devs why u keep adding stuff nobody asks about? the "new" ships emm u mean paint job its a old ship redone and it sucks thats all u can come op with. i wanna join a que for dread battel with my friends is thats so hard?!

why even bother rly..

The whole point of cruise engines was skipping through open space as quickly as possible. Maybe if that mode wasn't dead space we could ditch the cruise engines?

Cruise should be reworked... I don't dislike the idea of the module tbh, but i think it's really broken the way it is now, not coz it's OP but because it screwed the game!

To me 20% increase on the AB speed wold be perfect for the module still allowing faster fighters to get nearly 500 speed.. I would also increase the energy drain a bit.

Imho that module should just help faster and better positioning of fighters in battle and nothing more. Hope that would be enough to fix the beacons capturing games, and not only those ;)

EDIT: another suggestion.. looks like i'm inspired today :) Using Cruise engine on tacklers speed up the decloacking process by 60%

havent played or testet any thing havent been able to even see a dreadnough, been looking thow. its seams to me that if u are not in a good corp you wont ever battel one or even see one.. how about making a pvp pvw mode were theres a dreadnought peeps could fly with or agenst?! sadly there is still nothing for me to do in this game any more. id sickens/sadens me how much this game is trying to lure players with new dread vidio when the truth is they wont see a dread for a loong time..iv been wishing for big ship battels since day one, when it finaly comes its only for the eliete few..thats rly no way to make a game mode. devs why u keep adding stuff nobody asks about? the "new" ships emm u mean paint job its a old ship redone and it sucks thats all u can come op with. i wanna join a que for dread battel with my friends is thats so hard?!

why even bother rly..

This.

I tihnk it has been already suggested something like this but i try again.

That would be great to have some training missions with dreadnoughts or even better couple of pve with dreadnoughts in them so ppl can easily understand and get to used to the dread battle dynamic..

Another suggestion.. yes another one :)

Obviously the more locations to capture the more chance to get a dread battle for every corp ;)

This is what I call adding contents in game :012j:

• Upvote 2

Cruise should be reworked... I don't dislike the idea of the module tbh, but i think it's really broken the way it is now, not coz it's OP but because it screwed the game!

To me 20% increase on the AB speed wold be perfect for the module still allowing faster fighters to get nearly 500 speed.. I would also increase the energy drain a bit.

Imho that module should just help faster and better positioning of fighters in battle and nothing more. Hope that would be enough to fix the beacons capturing games, and not only those ;)

I'm sorry, but even if your suggestions and opinions are considered, that doesn't mean the game will be reworked according to your tastes.

Most people in the game see the cruise engine as what it is, a trade off for fighters. Speed for maneuverability and afterburning use. It opens a lot of strategies and ways to play fighters, and also it is a great addition for open space players.

I don't think it will be changed or balanced soon.

Most people in the game see the cruise engine as what it is, a trade off for fighters. Speed for maneuverability and afterburning use. It opens a lot of strategies and ways to play fighters, and also it is a great addition for open space players.

Yup. It's what it should be.

The point is : after 10 minutes learning how to fly with it, you suddenly understand that the high speed come with no trade off. Making it mandatory for command / tacklers on objectives based map, or just as an escape / chasing tool. And combined with other tools of the tackler, cov ops and recon start to have a really hard time. Their mobility come from their 20 sec invisibility. Not from native speed boost.

• Upvote 2