Star Conflict v.1.1.4 Discussion

There are various tasks for testers, so not every tester is able to keep track of every change. We are regularly collecting feedback from all players and discussing it.

The result is the same, an unballanced game. And I will tell u a few things should been reworked/removed.

- Taklers Drones: I cant be killing drones all the game couse every game has a lot of taklers. I play to kill ships, no drones. Same with interceptors with drones (from invasion, can u tell me on an hipotetic case that thouse ships could been build, where the hell would they carry the drones??? In an spacial bag?), and engi ones.

- Doomsday missils: This abobination must been out of this game. Playing slow ships: Why the heck I must lose 10.000 or 11.000 (previous resist) HP points? without any skills?Or playing ECM+stasis+DD?? Doomsday m. are even worst in combat recon. People has a ship in his hangar only to play this game mode, shooting his DD, and try to fast finish.

- Cruise Engine: Where did u see that a fighter is faster than and interceptor?

- Weapons Bonuses:  The bonus of ships like Nodachi A, that has EM bonus, where EM weapons has supernova, makes this ship unballanced.

- Match maker: Never seen in my life like game player a worst MM than this one.

- Nerf amd Buffs: When u do a nerf or buff u must think u are indirectily nerfing or buffing the rest of the game. And u ussually do big buffs/nerfs. Instead go litle by litle, u can buff/nerf a 10% something, if this is not enought,  next patch another 10%. Reecently u nerfed iridium sulgs, in shrapnel results in a +100% spread on this weapon, that means that now killing drones needs more shots. So now taklers are even more powerful, and annoying with their drones.

To begin, for now you have a few things to work in. But there are a few more things to work in.

See u around mate.

• Upvote 2

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good day! yes ammunitions are definitely included.

I am not looking forward to ECMs system hacking LRF mines out from under me.   I'm also not looking forward to the Waki AE having 15 seconds of beacon denial time. Also capping under covert ops/LRF

ah, an interesting remark, that makes me kinda reply, even if this gets a bit off topic...  

Lol when iridium slugs came out I thought you'd want to complain about the spread now being 1/4 :-) And you can't simply get rid of drones "because they defy physics".

Invasion drones use monocrystals which are not too plentiful, though some people use them solely to craft these.

You can make a frigate go faster than an interceptor so cruise engine can stay imo. Maybe some stats can be changed if it is too effective.

Destructor and now system hack were implemented to counter drones. Remember it's supposed to be team game not one ship go kill everything, though you can still do that with skills :-P

it's supposed to be team game

Is...Is It Possible that someone here remember this? NO WAY !

The result is the same, an unballanced game. And I will tell u a few things should been reworked/removed.

- Taklers Drones: I cant be killing drones all the game couse every game has a lot of taklers. I play to kill ships, no drones. Same with interceptors with drones (from invasion, can u tell me on an hipotetic case that thouse ships could been build, where the hell would they carry the drones??? In an spacial bag?), and engi ones.

- Doomsday missils: This abobination must been out of this game. Playing slow ships: Why the heck I must lose 10.000 or 11.000 (previous resist) HP points? without any skills?Or playing ECM+stasis+DD?? Doomsday m. are even worst in combat recon. People has a ship in his hangar only to play this game mode, shooting his DD, and try to fast finish.

- Weapons Bonuses:  The bonus of ships like Nodachi A, that has EM bonus, where EM weapons has supernova, makes this ship unballanced.

- Nerf amd Buffs: When u do a nerf or buff u must think u are indirectily nerfing or buffing the rest of the game. And u ussually do big buffs/nerfs. Instead go litle by litle, u can buff/nerf a 10% something, if this is not enought,  next patch another 10%. Reecently u nerfed iridium sulgs, in shrapnel results in a +100% spread on this weapon, that means that now killing drones needs more shots. So now taklers are even more powerful, and annoying with their drones.

To begin, for now you have a few things to work in. But there are a few more things to work in.

See u around mate.

That is your opinion, it is respectable, even if it is wrong.

That is your opinion, it is respectable, even if it is wrong.

Sooooo   if I am wrong, then cause/effect you are right. But u dont give us ur reasons, u only say "wrong".

WTF is up with the servers today i have double the ping as before and pack loss of 10%-50% on all servers (even on europe on witch i usualy have 20-30 ping!!)  :013j:  :01313:  :fed013:

And NO it's not my connection.

WTF is up with the servers today i have double the ping as before and pack loss of 10%-50% on all servers (even on europe on witch i usualy have 20-30 ping!!)  :013j:  :01313:  :fed013:

And NO it's not my connection.

There are some issues with the routes the packages are tacking. We are aware and working on it.

So now if you drop out of a game, you can't return anymore? The game doesn't ask if you want to return to battle on relog...

Had to sit out a dread battle because of this

Yep you also get no rewards.

for me pack loss goes to 50-60%>> jumps to 100%>>disconect>>after some time game crushes. >_>

The servers have been ridiculously terrible the last few days. I've had 2% packet loss consistently at minimum, and frequently it spikes to 20%+. This is becoming unbearable, many of my corpmates are signing off after only a game or two out of frustration. This is player retention at its worst.

T4 sectors aren't increasing their defense percentages, by the way. This better be fixed soon, considering how high the rewards are.

I'm dropping bombs in detonation now since the last patch, without any obvious reason for it. T3 Kite, no camo, no invis, no e barrier. Haven't changed my build, so why am I spontaneously dropping the bomb now? Has happened in two matches so far; in the first one, I saw 2 inty teammates also randomly dropping the bomb, and I'm pretty sure they didn't use invis or camo either.

It could have to do with the new capture mechanics, and now being hit with ECM modules can stop your "capture".

Could be; if so, I hope that's a bug they fix, since I don't think it should apply to bombs too. Beacons I can understand, but ECMs are going to be so ridiculous if that's the case for Detonation. And I think you might be right, there were ECMs in both matches on me, iirc...

Alright, so Rennie and I did some testing. Basically being hit by the ECM active modules stasis, ion, or metastable will make you drop the bomb. Locking onto a LRF and then being debuffed with IR Pulsar will make you drop the bomb. Same with being locked onto a Recon and then having them use the new Holo active module. Also being hit by White Noise from a Covops.

So on the surface, locking onto a LRF or Recon is very risky in Detonation as the bomb carrier, and ECM's (and to a lesser degree Covops) can easily prevent a team from planting the bomb simply by hitting them with a debuff.

Edit: "Metastable," not "metastatic." Guess I've been calling it the wrong name all this time.

Edited by Focused_RISK

Also I think Command Ion missiles will make you drop it as they are a form of "Overload".

The ECM hack should not be aoe. The idea that players can steal tech off the enemy team with their eyes closed is ludicrous. The hack should apply to a single item and require the target to be either locked onto or under the reticule.

• Upvote 2

The ECM hack should not be aoe. The idea that players can steal tech off the enemy team with their eyes closed is ludicrous. The hack should apply to a single item and require the target to be either locked onto or under the reticule.

TBH it is difficult to find more than 1 or 2 objects in the sphere of influence. All I have seen are lonely drones or heal stations being captured. Also, if you are close enough to capture them, you are close enough to kill them with a single rocket.

All in all I think it is a good module.

There is one more thing. I have noticed, that some graphical texture or overall quality looks a bit worse, but performance is a bit better, when it comes to textures, because they load much faster now, when you undock or warp.

Problem is that I think v1.1.4 got some ninja patch, which is a slight downgrade in overall visual quality of the game. I also noticed that big warp gates have red ring now and normal one have a different blue-coloured field.

About low-mid resolution textures, on highest settings.

When ECM disables you, check your WARNING message. The letters are horrible. All grained. Make a screenshot.

Some other visual effects, maybe colors are slightly lowered. Don't get me wrong, it's hard to detect such thing, if you do not have a keen eye.

But I know that with almost 4000 hours, things change with ever patch and a lot of things are not even mentioned in the patch notes, which are changed or adjusted.

Someone should take a look and report.

Alright, so Rennie and I did some testing. Basically being hit by the ECM active modules stasis, ion, or metastable will make you drop the bomb. Locking onto a LRF and then being debuffed with IR Pulsar will make you drop the bomb. Same with being locked onto a Recon and then having them use the new Holo active module. Also being hit by White Noise from a Covops.

So on the surface, locking onto a LRF or Recon is very risky in Detonation as the bomb carrier, and ECM's (and to a lesser degree Covops) can easily prevent a team from planting the bomb simply by hitting them with a debuff.

Edit: "Metastable," not "metastatic." Guess I've been calling it the wrong name all this time.

That's stupid. Blocking beacon capture is one thing. Totally destroy detonation game is another... And it make no sense... This need to be reverted back to the old mechanic. But as devastator and doomsday are still in the game untouched... I have low hope on this...

TBH it is difficult to find more than 1 or 2 objects in the sphere of influence. All I have seen are lonely drones or heal stations being captured. Also, if you are close enough to capture them, you are close enough to kill them with a single rocket.

All in all I think it is a good module.

Say that to the storm wiking that can often get 2 ingi station + 2 tacklers drones + some lrf mines in one hit... (Ok, it only happen twice to me... In what... 5 games in t5?)

No, it's not good right now. It's OP. Targetting an object to get it, with a reduced cooldown (30 or 45 sec) would be perfectly balanced...

@ Koromac : the grained letters warning might be on purpose : it's a "rusted future" vibe that fit the lore (a concept created by star wars franchise). It doesn't bother me.

There is one more thing. I have noticed, that some graphical texture or overall quality looks a bit worse, but performance is a bit better, when it comes to textures, because they load much faster now, when you undock or warp.

are you definitely sure? for me the textures still load up with low LOD textures, as always; did you look if there was a change in your graphic settings?

because i was rather seeing small improvements, as if some of the models had slight refurbishing, like the kite/eagle-b nose, and on high all looks pretty usual :/

are you definitely sure? for me the textures still load up with low LOD textures, as always; did you look if there was a change in your graphic settings?

because i was rather seeing small improvements, as if some of the models had slight refurbishing, like the kite/eagle-b nose, and on high all looks pretty usual :/

All settings are on set to High and x4 and x8 by default for me.

I also tried x8 and 16 options.

Textures load faster for me, that means they either improved the performance or toned them down a bit.

See u around mate.

Thank u for constructive opinion. And we'd like to comment ur points.

Taklers Drones: yes, but we don't want to keep our game only in shooting limits. Appearance of drones adds the strategic element in the game, that's why so far we r not planning to change them, although we r collecting the feedback.

Doomsday missils:  we agree with u about that, and for our future we r planning to tranfer them only to T5.

Cruise Engine: yes while using it the fighter becomes faster BUT it significantly loses its ability to maneuver. and in fight with interceptor it most certainly will lose.

- Weapons Bonuses: from our point of view these bonuses make this ship unique but we will continue monitoring the comments of our players.

Match maker: we currently trying to make MM as ideal as possible. If u have any suggestions we will consider them.

Nerf amd Buffs:yes we made this dramatic change but this decision was based on opinion of our testers and this kind of change is not typical for us. In the future our changes will be much more moderate.

Have a fantastic day)