Star Conflict v.1.1.4 Discussion

Here is a good quality one!

All hail my new wallpaper!

Thank you very much Aliskosan.

Now, on the patch new features:

- Holograms idea and implementation is really good. When you are in the middle of a dogfight with a recon and he uses the holos it is a good way to scape, and it is very deceiving. Of course if you are 5000 m away sniping you will see who is the real ship, but in close combat it is a nice addition to the recon. I won't be using though, I still think that the cloak is better, but it has its uses.

- System hack is really good. But with good I mean interesting, cool and fits with the ECM. Maybe some tweaks on range have to be made, like reducing it to 1200 m radious, because range bonus ECM have a huge area of effect for the module. Even in the current iteration it looks good. Also it gives the ECM an opportunity cost. You switch one of the "triad" ecm modules in order to be more team oriented.

- Extended hull, well, it is a premium reinforced beams, with more cargo space. A cheap way of making a standard ship "premium like" in invasion, at a reduced cost. For invasion players it will be a nice addition.

- New beacon interrupt abilities: I think they are good, and it is a good fix to the rushing tactics we were finding in the previous SQ and the current one.

- Torpedoes and bomb changes in SQ: I'm still dubious about this. In one side, now people have to commit to destroy torpedoes, instead of just pushing a button in a guard, but the lack of alert on the bomb is a pain. But I think is nice because it will reward people with more battle awareness. And since any ability applied to the bomb carrier will destroy the bomb, I think it is balanced that way.

Now the two new ships:

- Achilles: It is a great addition to the empire fleet. Finally we have a rank 9 ship which can compete with the current premiums. And it does it great! The native bonuses are great, and the cap slots make it able to dish a good amount of fire, while still being able to tank a lot thanks to the two hulls and one shield. It lacks some speed, but you can't have it all.

- Hyena: Good as a support ship. Not as tanky as the paralax on the move, and slower, but the strength bonuses are great for the use of drones and target painter. It is a team work ship.

PS: Just fix the new ship textures!! It is a pity that the new skins are low res. Come on guys, you can do better!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good day! yes ammunitions are definitely included.

I am not looking forward to ECMs system hacking LRF mines out from under me.   I'm also not looking forward to the Waki AE having 15 seconds of beacon denial time. Also capping under covert ops/LRF

ah, an interesting remark, that makes me kinda reply, even if this gets a bit off topic...  

PS: Just fix the new ship textures!! It is a pity that the new skins are low res. Come on guys, you can do better!

Developers, my 6 years old rig can handle this just fine.

Increase the resolution!

One more question, Aliskosan.

Do dreadnoughts differ visually from T3, T4 and T5? I hope that we do not get only changed statistics, but that they actually look bigger, with additional sections or equipment on them.

If you compare T3 dreadnought to T5, there must be a big difference. More quipment on it, additional sections on dreadnoughts, bigger dreadnought (increased size), maybe even changed textures to resemble more resilient materials.

One more question, Aliskosan.

Do dreadnoughts differ visually from T3, T4 and T5? I hope that we do not get only changed statistics, but that they actually look bigger, with additional sections or equipment on them.

If you compare T3 dreadnought to T5, there must be a big difference. More quipment on it, additional sections on dreadnoughts, bigger dreadnought (increased size), maybe even changed textures to resemble more resilient materials.

Good day!

No they do not change visually because yes you level it and use more advance modules but the ship itself the hull, the slots, etc stays the same. 

• Upvote 1

All hail my new wallpaper!

Thank you very much Aliskosan.

Now, on the patch new features:

- Holograms idea and implementation is really good. When you are in the middle of a dogfight with a recon and he uses the holos it is a good way to scape, and it is very deceiving. Of course if you are 5000 m away sniping you will see who is the real ship, but in close combat it is a nice addition to the recon. I won't be using though, I still think that the cloak is better, but it has its uses.

- System hack is really good. But with good I mean interesting, cool and fits with the ECM. Maybe some tweaks on range have to be made, like reducing it to 1200 m radious, because range bonus ECM have a huge area of effect for the module. Even in the current iteration it looks good. Also it gives the ECM an opportunity cost. You switch one of the "triad" ecm modules in order to be more team oriented.

- Extended hull, well, it is a premium reinforced beams, with more cargo space. A cheap way of making a standard ship "premium like" in invasion, at a reduced cost. For invasion players it will be a nice addition.

- New beacon interrupt abilities: I think they are good, and it is a good fix to the rushing tactics we were finding in the previous SQ and the current one.

- Torpedoes and bomb changes in SQ: I'm still dubious about this. In one side, now people have to commit to destroy torpedoes, instead of just pushing a button in a guard, but the lack of alert on the bomb is a pain. But I think is nice because it will reward people with more battle awareness. And since any ability applied to the bomb carrier will destroy the bomb, I think it is balanced that way.

Now the two new ships:

- Achilles: It is a great addition to the empire fleet. Finally we have a rank 9 ship which can compete with the current premiums. And it does it great! The native bonuses are great, and the cap slots make it able to dish a good amount of fire, while still being able to tank a lot thanks to the two hulls and one shield. It lacks some speed, but you can't have it all.

- Hyena: Good as a support ship. Not as tanky as the paralax on the move, and slower, but the strength bonuses are great for the use of drones and target painter. It is a team work ship.

thank you!!! great to hear.

And about textures, it should be fine. 

• Upvote 1

I would split Stasis and Ion D Inhibitor for good and make one for disabling engines, and the other for disabling modules (remove module disable effects on stasis). This might solve the whole ECM debacle; At least one could still hit healing buttons while in stasis (but not under ion), and the WakiAE does not have 14 seconds of turn off power every 30-40 secs.

I know this would be bitter for Ecm lovers, but it could come with additional balances to make up for it.

Just a thought. Would gladly see discussion threads about this.

Good day. ECM has been balanced. from now on the strafe speed boost is lower, plus now they can't capture beacons while using metastable field module.

The Metastable change is nice, but it does not address the problems with the WakiAE, nor the ecm in general; It only solves the newest ecm problems, in dread fights and disables the cheap "ecm spam" tactic, in other game modes the metastable capturing was a minor thing. Strafe acceleration reduction affects all ships, not just the ecm.

Anyway I come to terms with the new module, it is a nice addition to the ECMs responsibilities, and makes module choice a bit more interesting.

The hull extension modifier was the main thing I was looking forward to this update... guess I shouldn't of had my hopes up. But apart from another waste of GS, the holograms seem to be pretty neat but are completely invalid in invasion since they need to be able to deal damage to take the aggro off you so once you start shooting you gain aggro almost immediately. ECM module sounds OP but reasonable to a degree since it has a smaller range than the normal stun modules and the beacon capture nerf for them is so good! Finally ECM swarms won't be an issue  :fed001:

However... predators. Why do they have a 4500m aggro range? Why do they have a faster fire rate than a hunter? WHY?  :alien3:  :alien1:  :fed015:

But apart from that small *heh hmm* rant of sorts the new ships have nice bonuses and look to be able to compete with the premiums (although the nukem still seems to overule the gunship) and the T4 dreadnoughts will make things even more interesting. Good patch overall.

I would split Stasis and Inhibitor for good and make one for disabling engines, and the other for disabling modules (remove module disable effects on stasis). This might solve the whole ECM debacle; At least one could still hit healing buttons while in stasis, and the WakiAE does not have 14 seconds of turn off power every 30-40 secs.

I know this would be bitter for Ecm lovers, but it could come with additional balances to make up for it.

Just a thought. Would gladly see discussion threads about this.

The Metastable change is nice, but it does not address the problems with the WakiAE, nor the ecm in general; It only solves the newest ecm problems, in dread fights and disables the cheap "ecm spam" tactic, in other game modes the metastable capturing was a minor thing. Strafe acceleration reduction affects all ships, not just the ecm.

Anyway I come to terms with the new module, it is a nice addition to the ECMs responsibilities, and makes module choice a bit more interesting.

Agree on the dread strategy, I used it, and it was broken.

Easiest way to solve stasis problem : make the victim invulnerable while in it (like the metastable field). And I'm an ECM pilot. But again, if you really find ecm to be the most annoying thing in the game, positron firewall should be your best friend (it's a shame that it doesn't work against tackler's modules btw).

Easiest way to solve stasis problem : make the victim invulnerable while in it (like the metastable field). And I'm an ECM pilot. But again, if you really find ecm to be the most annoying thing in the game, positron firewall should be your best friend (it's a shame that it doesn't work against tackler's modules btw).

It is not my personal problem; I just repeat it, because many people often complain about it - aswell as ingame, as in chat, videos, steam reviews, etc. and the debate is already years old and comes up every now and then; and I can sympathize with it. It does very often seem broken, from the perspective of piloting an ecm as well as being the victim in countless situations. As for flying them, I fly them less than other ceptors, but I still do; it is the easiest ship to fly in, the most survivable ship in the game, and often you just wonder, how the hell the enemy didn't kill you, while for my taste, my damage is too low, and I like to damage stuff. At the same time, you can just switch off the keyboard of a player for multiple seconds.

The victim being invulnerable would make the stasis pretty useless. It does what it is supposed to do: stop an enemy from wiggling around and accept his fate. However, the additional effects it has come from an era, where it was not "an ecm module" yet, as balance to the other module, which has a longer effect duration, but no engine effects. Since you mixed your module layout back then yourself, it made sense for similar effects, but it does not anymore.

The Stasis in the right moment to shoot the victim is the actual skill part, so I would not want to take that away, but allow the victim to at least try a counter.

Stasised by a WakiAE without any anti-ecm modules gives you enough time to counter...

Anyway, it was just a thought and probably I should add it to one of the threads about Ecms probably. I would not want it to get nerfed to the ground, or take away possibilities of the modules, of course the modules have to be fairly balanced, making both modules still work like they should in tandem.

To be honest now that the games in tier 5 are big enough, the ECMs, even the Waki, are all right.

The problem was the ECM spam in small games.

I was almost waiting for your "All is allright" reply :D

I envy your positive attitude.

True however, bigger games made it less frequent and obvious. But very many "bigger games" end up in one team accumulating surviving ECMs, creating a passive ecm spam in the process, and this hasn't changed with the larger games. I don't believe the theory, that the problem was just smaller games, that was only the most obvious occurance, making it hard to deny.

Also it may correlate with Beacon Capture mode a bit more as well, than with other game modes; And maybe you are right that it discourages to follow the trend by removing capturing in metastable ending the problem to be as acute, I myself have still to get my own experience in that.

However, only because it becomes infrequent, I do not think, there isn't value in thinking about the modules to be altered, and that there isn't a balance problem underneath. That's why I mentioned it. Sry, didn't want to warm up our disputes about ECMs here, just get the idea in the room :)

I actually hope time will tell, that you are right this time, and bigger games solve the issue completely. Atm. I am still skeptical.

Look at dreadnought / tournament battles : what is the representation of ships in the winning teams?

If the effectiveness or synergy beetween ships was balanced, we should find 11% for each class. I guess devs have those kind of data.

In tournament, it's often 1 or 2 ingi, 0 - 1 ecm, 1 tackler, 1 command, 0 - 1 LRF and fill the rest with guards. It don't differ much in Sector Conquest, you might want 1 recon in it, but it's mainly for the huge sensor range...

And yes, inties are better in small games.

ECM spam was a problem in dread fights, because it could lead to a hardly breakable and quite simple strategy of ECMs capping dread hardpoints. Which you can't repair, so just send in wave after wave of ecms and metastable around hardpoints...

Otherwise, nobody says it is "that op", that you spam it in an organized team (actually I didn't even say it's op, that was not my post here). I think, then it again, would be quite obvious. OP things become quite obvious in the first week after release, when every game becomes the same; like infinite torp mayhem with the pylons, or the scatter gun massacre at christmas.

They are even fun for a while :) Or at least in retrospect.

I am pretty sure, the devs have statistics also from the pub games; but without clues to look for, you cannot interprete statistics always correctly. You need to have an idea what to look for. Things can look quite allright by the numbers but still be fup. Just sayin. Anyway, nuf said, will add it somewhere, patch discussion go on.

Anyone already reported the bug about targets being on the hud for a couple of frames after you destroyed them? Or is it just me...

I would split Stasis and Inhibitor for good and make one for disabling engines, and the other for disabling modules (remove module disable effects on stasis).

1. The weapon system inhibitor is a perfect module for the ecm class. keep it, and throw that notion away.

2. Disabling engines? no.

3. Stasis does not turn off module effects. 

4. Only the ion can do that, (turns off existing active effects) and you can reduce the Wakizashi AE's 9 second effect by a large amount, making it worth 6 seconds, or less with ease. 

9 seconds of flying around and dodging is not a problem. As for the waki's stasis, that can be reduced from the maximum 4 seconds to even less. 

As an interceptor, if you strafe before getting stunned, you will still move, so strafe in a direction that gives you a few seconds to spare while the enemy tries to find his way to hit you. 

the same goes for the speed types, but it's a little harder to make sure you won't go in a straight line.

5. Anyways, I've got to say that ecms are well and balanced. there's just a lot of old hate that needs to go *poof*

6. More module types please :)

Look at dreadnought / tournament battles : what is the representation of ships in the winning teams?

If the effectiveness or synergy beetween ships was balanced, we should find 11% for each class. I guess devs have those kind of data.

In tournament, it's often 1 or 2 ingi, 0 - 1 ecm, 1 tackler, 1 command, 0 - 1 LRF and fill the rest with guards. It don't differ much in Sector Conquest, you might want 1 recon in it, but it's mainly for the huge sensor range...

And yes, inties are better in small games.

You mean fill the rest with gunships? Well in any successful squad, that is the case. Guards are useless in dread battles except for defending and taking out torps. In the tournament it is often the bad wings that bring more than 2 guards because they have no other option. Most of the wings that have skilled pilots bring bubble wolf-ms and laser deagles/nukems, and only 1 or 2 guards. But yeah every wing we ever come against has at least one ECM.

That's why I'd like to have data from the devs on ships composition of winning teams in tournament :) Our experiences differ a bit...  And I guess my corps is a bad wings by your definition. It should have been luck that we won every matchs last sunday for the 2 sessions :D

I agree on dread though, you only need 1 guard, 2 at max, to defend key position.

1. The weapon system inhibitor is a perfect module for the ecm class. keep it, and throw that notion away.

I meant Ion Diffuser and Stasis; was confused due to the inhibitor from the tackler. The icons are so similar... :D sry.

Funny nobody else mentioned this.

I know stasis does not turn (running) modules off, but it does not let you use them. That effect I meant.

Instead Ion CD could be reduced again, and stasis only has the rest of its effects.

Ship is perfect.

I wasn't talking about removing a module.

And the "old hate" is just an assumption. May be true, may be not.

I meant Ion Diffuser and Stasis; was confused due to the inhibitor from the tackler. The icons are so similar... :D

Funny nobody else mentioned this.

I know stasis does not turn (running) modules off, but it does not let you use them. That effect I meant.

Instead Ion CD could be reduced again, and stasis only has the rest of its effects.

Ship is perfect.

I wasn't talking about removing a module.

ah xD

sorry for the misunderstanding.  :012j:

As for allowing those to turn on modules while under stasis, I'd find that reasonable. It's right up there with letting ecms cancel out the recon's shield drain with the bubble shield activation, shutting the ecm out from the rest of the world's effects, aside from friendly heals, and so on so forth.. (which I hope happens >.,>)

I want to have babies with the new GS.

Thank you for killing drones. I can not thank you enough! By drone, hello painter.

I do partially disagree with giving another counter to mines to a ship that already had a great counter. It is disappointing.

Very confused about the new recon module. I didn't like the idea when it was pitched on the forums, I'll see if I like it in practice.

Dev team, you did another amazing patch. I thank you for that. I am happy to have spent a few hundred bucks to support such a great team working on my favorite game.

A number of states now disrupts beacon capture

Invisibility

Overload

Stasis

Metastable field

Sensor suppression

This needs more explanation.  What are the "Overlord" and "Sensor supression" you speak of? By "Metastable field", do you mean when an ECM goes into metastable it cannot capture anymore? Or when a ship is affected by an enemy metastable field ending, it cannot capture anymore?

And thanks for the OWL and HOWL logos finally being put right :)

Thats curious, a super tester asking thouse questions, or Millanbel is not working much lately like tester or here we can see the importance that developers give to Testers opinions, and sugestion and how they introduce new stuff, and effects into the game without test from super testers, seems they ignore not only the normal players, they ignore Testers too. 

And here comes the problem, a game that is totally unballanced. They arent able to ballance the game and they bring new modules.

Now seems that capture a bacon will be a impossible mission, with Destructor, and all theese new features, now bacon hunt, should been called, "Watch the bacon" Or "Fly around the bacon"

Sad.

I don't see anything inherently wrong with paying for non-combat boosts to your ship. Textures, invasion boosts (we already pay for premium ships with increased cargo), and similar all cost GS and aren't so bad.

The game does have to make money, these are great ways to avoid pay2win and honestly I'm glad it's being done.

Just save up for it or, you know, support its creation and the creation of future content. Once you have it, it's yours forever.

But yes, invasion loot needs to get fixed. Honestly I think they ninjanerfed it again, we barely got 100 iridium with 6 pilots farming treasure hunters for 2 hours earlier today. Also, Light Cells are 1mil if you spatial scanner them but only 160k if you find them normally. That's bull.

Oh i have no problem with certain paid content as well, i'm just saying it's kind of a dubious move to first release that aforementioned paid content before addressing the issue of dirt cheap trophies itself.

PS: You mentioned that with Spatial Scanner you still get 1 million for Light Cells, did they ninja patch better trophies for Spatial Scanner at some point? I never saw a mention of this anywhere in any of the patch notes.

I would like to point out that now tier 4 and 5 PvP is dead.  People (probably the ECM pilots) are complaining non stop about it being impossible to get a match.  Many people like me are boycotting the PvP due to the ECMs.

I will not play PvP or spend more money on this game till the tier 4 and 5 ECMs are nerfed.  Time to bring an end to being chain nerfed by ECMs while not being able to hit them back.

Rhino5678

Anyone already reported the bug about targets being on the hud for a couple of frames after you destroyed them? Or is it just me...

Nope, I've got it too. It's very odd.

Thats curious, a super tester asking thouse questions, or Millanbel is not working much lately like tester or here we can see the importance that developers give to Testers opinions, and sugestion and how they introduce new stuff, and effects into the game without test from super testers, seems they ignore not only the normal players, they ignore Testers too. 

And here comes the problem, a game that is totally unballanced. They arent able to ballance the game and they bring new modules.

Now seems that capture a bacon will be a impossible mission, with Destructor, and all theese new features, now bacon hunt, should been called, "Watch the bacon" Or "Fly around the bacon"

Sad.

There are various tasks for testers, so not every tester is able to keep track of every change. We are regularly collecting feedback from all players and discussing it.

• Upvote 1