PrivateBrowsing

Spatial Scanner utter crap now?

The only real reason for the Spatial Scanner is to pick up mysterious containers, the rest you can do with ease for free.

Maybe it's time they revamp the idea. That scanner could be way more useful, like different color code for the different loot (fuel, debris, dropped containers, rare containers). It should have more uses than just locate mysterious containers. 

Maybe it's time they revamp the idea. That scanner could be way more useful, like different color code for the different loot (fuel, debris, dropped containers, rare containers). It should have more uses than just locate mysterious containers. 

You can already do that by just hitting "v" while flying invasion with an enhanced scanner. The Primary purpose of Spatial has always been to find rare (before called secret) loot that is of high value in the Game economy. Thus the motivation to spend money in the real world economy to gain access to the ability to find high value loot.

PrivateBrowsing

Hello, we do not refund, however we had fixed that proplem in today's patch. Please try again. Good luck! 

PS. Wish you to find something awesome :)

• Upvote 1

PrivateBrowsing

Hello, we do not refund, however we had fixed that proplem in today's patch. Please try again. Good luck! 

PS. Wish you to find something awesome :)

This is good news. I had a quick go earlier and it definitely seems much better. I will have a proper test later.

Just one question...

Do you think the Spatial Scanner is considered to earn Millions of Credits per hour rather that just finding hidden Treasures?

No, it has not been considered to earn credits, as a main purpose. But it's connected to the whole game mode of Invasion.

It was directly connectet to earning more creds, cause ppl. who bought it knew, there was a high chance of finding excellent credit loot, if you didn't find a Blueprint.

But that is not the point.

As far as I am concerned the point in getting it was, going for BPs in an environment which had sth. else to offer. Invasion has been a game mode I played if I wasn't in the mood for teamplay. It was a relaxing way to earn credits and sometimes a BP. If I didn't get a BP the time wasn't wasted because there was still the credit farming. And of course pirating / defending against pirat-players.

Now the nerf was so massive, that it's not worth the time anymore. I don't want to spend that much time in Invasion if the only thing worth it are the monocrystal missions and the very rare t5 BPs. And this way the scanner got obsolete. That's the point.

And don't forget when you at last get a BP, other players get the "carrier of BP detected"-message. And there are more pirate-players out there than before now, am I right on that?

If I knew before I wouldn't have spent real money for the scanner. It's ok if things need to be adjusted in a game like this, even if it affects the elements you paid for.

But if it's that massive I feel ripped off. No refund, not even in the virtual currency?

Information policy goes like this: "We had to balance things." And this goes hand in hand with other PR desasters like promising rewards for the top 10 in the arms race (not saying what it will be) and then in step two saying we only reward the top3 (which btw had the chance we do not have to get bigger iridium storage).

So please devs, be more aware of the impacts of your changes before you release something.

Ok, so Invasion was a good place to find (way) more credits than in other modes.

Unfortunately i think there is NO well working formula for Game Economics. 

At least Players will be unhappy at least at one of this two Points:

1. Player need more credits and feels not getting enough per hour.

2. Player has enough credits and  feels not getting enough other value per hour.

To fill this cap, balancing is essential. And what is way more complicated than the balancing itself, is to make the player not recognise it to much.

So please devs, be more aware of the impacts of your changes before you release something.

Specific the suggestion to the Devs in this case could be to balance softer, that player won't feel this much differences anymore...

Will this be a solution in future?

To fill this cap, balancing is essential. And what is way more complicated than the balancing itself, is to make the player not recognise it to much.

Specific the suggestion to the Devs in this case could be to balance softer, that player won't feel this much differences anymore...

Will this be a solution in future?

Balancing is essential and it is one of the hardest things to do in games like this. If sth. is broken it has to be fixed.

Most players will agree on that because they want a well balanced game as well.

(e.g. the recent nerf on iridium charges: afaik many agree it was necessary and got used to it quickly)

If "Not recognize" means to be more smart in hiding changes from the community (by doing it step by step and not all in one step), that wouldn't be the solution, but part of the problem.

If you meant nerfing it, but not that much, it might be ok.

As I said before there has to remain some benefit for the players from playing Invasion. If there isn't all the work they put in it is in vain.

To me PVE is no option, because it is too repetetive and therefore boring. So as an alternate way of getting credits, Invasion has been a good choice for me. And it's an alternative to PVP as well: Sometimes you don't want a teamplay mode, or it's one of these days where nothing seems to work in PVP...

The common player has no statistic data about the game. So it's always hard to judge if there has to be balancing or not.

I spent 8 days 18 hours time in battle, playing since october 2014. I've maxed every t3 and am between t4/t5 now. Since my personal testing period of the game at the beginning I play with a licence. So I had a lot (too much) time for playing the game. So to me the progression seems ok. Maybe it even is too fast. So I'd be fine with some less drastic changes.

Other players who have more real life might disagree. :001j:

Besides the fact a lot of people are thinking Invasion is no use anymore, it's a lot about the way the devs communicate with the community.

And it's a lot about confidence. We have to be able to trust the devs. If things you payed for are affected by changes it's very likely to cause trouble. And imao prem ships / the scanner / some DLCs are really expensive.

Negative changes here and things just seeming to be unfair (->Arms Race) will remain on our minds for a long time and they do accumulate.

(Scanner: I think they will set up the loot again and if it's enough - or sth. eles will be done to revaluate the whole Invasion mode - I'll be fine with that. If not, one solution might me to give us the opportunity to decide if we want to give it back for the GS we spent. Let's say the devs could tell us when they have decided that the loot changes are final and then give us two weeks in which we can give it back. Most people won't really expect to be refunded in real money...?!)

A part of the solution could be to announce changes and not to exclude them from patchnotes. And explain it more detailed why sth. has to be changed. There have to be some buisiness secrets and the company has to make money, agree on that. But the more they let us know about the reasons, the more likely we might accept certain changes.

And what about testservers if there are major changes? Or more statistically significant (personalized) surveys that rely on the different types of players?

I hope the devs understand that most of the critical posts contain an appreciation of the game and their work. Sometimes the posts might be harsh because peolpe are just upset. But as far as I am concerned I wouldn't write that much if I didn't like the game and if I had no confidence in the devs at all.

At least Players will be unhappy at least at one of this two Points:

1. Player need more credits and feels not getting enough per hour.

2. Player has enough credits and  feels not getting enough other value per hour.

To be honest, the current economy makes me feel both of those points at different times. When I'm levelling ships, it feels like I'm making too many credits and not enough synergy (vouchers and artifacts are pretty okay, I don't usually pay as much attention to monocrystal income as I should). When I finish levelling a ship and need to buy a new one, it feels like I'm making too few credits and therefore wasting all my synergy income.

Personally, this doesn't bother me that much. I got time, I can grind my way through the game. It's been a year and a half already, I've gotten the majority of the ships I want. But if the developers truly want to balance the economy such that the grind is smooth, then it's not a seriously difficult fix.

PvP is mainly for synergy, and as such, synergy income should be balanced by changing it here. Synergy income could use a bit of a buff, but it's honestly pretty okay as is. Since this is naturally going to be more interesting for most players (PvE and Invasion are both full of repetitive actions, after all), it ought to have a bit lower income than would otherwise balance the economy perfectly.

PvE is mainly for credits, and as such, credit income should be balanced by changing it here. If the invasion credit loot is nerfed, then clearly the PvE credit income should be buffed, lest the devs think that everybody is drowning in credits. I can personally confirm that without a premium license or all the ships, credits are hard to come by. And honestly, since PvE is boring (MERCENARIES! WE ARE THE LAST LINE OF blahblahblah terrible voiceovers and swarms of mobs) credit income ought to be buffed so that people don't have to farm for only two to three million credits an hour.

Invasion is the odd one out. It used to have a lot of artifact income. That got nerfed to hell. It used to have a lot of credit income. That more recently got nerfed to hell. Blueprints and monocrystals are as rare as ever. Perhaps it ought to have a large crafting ingredient, voucher, and artifact income. Then folks could go here to get stuff that they couldn't get elsewhere. Suddenly the devs have a way to balance all ten different currencies individually, and they can now tweak income from all streams in order to fix the economy bit by bit.

This took me a grand total of ten minutes to think up. Unfortunately, I get the feeling the devs don't honestly care about economy balancing as much as stated.

It is fixed. Components (screened. processing, etc) are still low so it is a bit deceiving. But the spatial loot is back. Light cell 1,006,320 - in Meurto.

It is fixed. Components (screened. processing, etc) are still low so it is a bit deceiving. But the spatial loot is back. Light cell 1,006,320 - in Meurto.

I know, I am a happy chappy now :)