Tier 3/4/5 Spatial Scanner - craftable from Invasion materials

Spatial Scanner - craftable from Invasion materials  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should a T3/T4/T5 Spatial Scanner become craftable?

• Yes, it should.
    • No, it shouldn't.
    • I do not like this idea in general.
  2. 2. Are the costs too low or too high from examples below?

• The costs are fine, since you can craft them for free. (no GS currency)
    • The costs are too high! They should be lower!
    • The costs are too low! They should be increased!
    • I do not like this idea in general.
  3. 3. Do you own a Spatial Scanner so far? (T3/T4/T5)

• Yes, I do.
    • No, I don't.
    • I don't care.

This is probably and hopefully my last meddling into economy of this game, but this needs to be said:

Spatial Scanners are not pay to win option, but I am always an advocate, when it comes to matters of choice.

I understand that developers need to make a profit out of this game with them and I am not trying to prevent that.

I just want to add an additional option of making them craftable, by using in game Invasion resources.

However, since they are craftable, cost should be really immense.

In the long run it would be much better to buy them for a full price or on 50% sale, at least.

What matters the most, is the option to craft one.

9jdrfp.png

Examples:

Tier III Spatial Scanner requirements:

Tier III mark IV Enhanced Sensor CPU component

5000 Iridium/Artifacts

500 Monocrystals

250 Processing Blocks

250 Screened Batteries

250 Osmium Crystals

Price: 3000 GS (optional crafting price: 30000000 credits)

Tier IV Spatial Scanner requirements:

Tier IV mark IV Enhanced Sensor CPU component

10000 Iridium/Artifacts

1000 Monocrystals

500 Processing Blocks

500 Screened Batteries

500 Osmium Crystals

Price: 5000 GS (optional crafting price: 50000000 credits)

Tier V Spatial Scanner requirements:

Tier V mark IV Enhanced Sensor CPU component

15000 Iridium/Artifacts

1500 Monocrystals

750 Processing Blocks

750 Screened Batteries

750 Osmium Crystals

Price: 6000 GS (optional crafting price: 60000000 credits)

Resource cost is well justified. If it's too high, it should get changed or lowered.

Developers can either change the type of resources and maybe even the numbers.

I will leave this in their capable hands.

All I am asking for is to make them craftable. Resource cost is yours to decide, but it should be immense.

It should be more than evident, that it is much better to pay for the Spatial Scanner, than to craft one on your own.

Since it's still possible to accumulate such high amount of resources, I still do recommend this option, if you're out of money and not out of your resources.

With respect,  Koromac

Amount of monos you propose is crazy, you could craft 3 experimental ships and fit them with mk.5 modules with it. Spatial Scanner isnt so powerfull. Mysterious Containers have abysmall prizes inside to really matter. Even if you find some goodie blueprint inside, you still need to take time to get your t5 thing up to purple and accumulate enough monos.

Good lord! I agree with Rob. 1.5k monos and 15k artifacts is /never/ going to get past the break-even point on investment.

Let's look at this marginally. If you value a marginal 1 mil credits = 1 mono (low, yes) and 100 artifacts = 1 mono (again, low, yes), then the marginal cost is equal to 1500 + 150 + (stuff) + 60, which is about 1750 monos, total. Given that the pre-nerf loot from invasion was about 1 mil credits / 5 minutes, with some extras (blueprints and artifacts), let's call that 2 monos / 5 minutes. Which is a gross overestimate. That still gives (1750 monos) / (.4 mono / minute) = 4375 minutes, or about 73 hours. That's three days straight of nothing but farming invasion, or a month of 2 hours a day of farming. Pre-nerf, at that. Now, say loot value is around half of what it was, so let's call that about two months of farming daily. Then compensate for the fact that no one values monocrystals as low as I did here, and we're somewhere in the range of a couple years of farming two hours a day.

Anyways. Yes, that'd be nice, I wouldn't even call for a refund of my gs, but lower the price.

I should agree with Koromac, since the spartial scanner is the best money farmer tool in the game, it should't be cheap. Yesterday I helped to my friend who is in a lower rank yet, and we farmed around 7-8.000.0000 credits in 1-1,5 hour.

This is a free2play game but this item totally worth to spend money on it. I agree to make it craft-able but I also agree on the extremely high crafting price since this is not the item what you need for win, this is an item what you like to have to progress faster. 

The normal price is too high in GS, but on the last weekend it was on half price, and they often do discount on everything include the GS.
10 EUR for a T5 scanner is an acceptable price, if you can buy the GS also cheaper this can be even less.

And if you are impatient pay more.

But one more thing. I suggest to drop blueprint after PvP too, not just after PVE. Imo, the you should be able to have everything if you play only PVP.

Well, this was only an example.

Monocrystals can still get excluded. I agree with the costs, if you compare Secret Projects vs. Spatial Scanner.

This is still open for debate and it will eventually get sorted out.

Main idea is that you can craft one on your own, but at immense cost.

Materials and requirements can still change.

Numbers will get adjusted for better or for worse.

All SuperTesters should debate this. We need a solution.

Anyway, I am still thinking about minor/major overhaul on a Spatial Scanner.

I will make seperate thread about it very soon.

Right now, I can't argue that Spatial Scanner isn't as useful, because it is, but it could have been much more, than it is right now.

It's underrated, because of the functions and the design. Some alterations can clearly make it better.

I will try not to create one, which will have P2W term, but it should be interesting enough, so that the people would want to buy it.

We all know that it is meant to be an exploration module, but as such it is fairly limited, because of narrow array of functions and functionality.

I still think that cost you proposing are far too much if SS stay with functionality it have now. Cost of spatial scanner is approx 2x of upgrading weapon to MK3 using GS. We could simply treat Spatial Scanner as "pirate" version of Enhanced Scanner but craft cost should be like weapon upgrade but 2x highier. 140 monos takes a while to get as well as graphite.

I still think that cost you proposing are far too much if SS stay with functionality it have now. Cost of spatial scanner is approx 2x of upgrading weapon to MK3 using GS. We could simply treat Spatial Scanner as "pirate" version of Enhanced Scanner but craft cost should be like weapon upgrade but 2x highier. 140 monos takes a while to get as well as graphite.

I know this pretty well. That's why I made so high demands.

The goal of this thread is to determine the proper type and amount of selected resources.

If it's pretty easy to obtain one, developers will loose their potential income, since everyone will want to craft one on their own.

This game can't survive without any investments from the community.

It would keep the same functionality. 140 monos does take a while to get, but graphite not so much.

I think the costs should be lower, but not extremely lower. Maybe 200 monos, 1k artifacts, 300 of the resources listed, and maybe 9mil credits (for T5 SS).

This way you still have to grind significantly to get the SS, but not so much that it will take twice as long as building a custom ship

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, option should exist. The rest is for the developers to decide.

I wrote my idea here, but if this is done, F2P game really justifies and allows such method.

So, it's pretty simple. It has to be done in such a way, that it's still better to pay, than to grind for months to get those resources.

That's the whole idea behind it. What matters is a choice, which is available.

Nice idea, I think cutting the mono cost in half would be fine. 250 for t3 I think is fair as you have the option to buy for 1500 gs which is not too expensive for such a powerful module. When you have one, invasion looting becomes a lot easier

Nice idea, I think cutting the mono cost in half would be fine. 250 for t3 I think is fair as you have the option to buy for 1500 gs which is not too expensive for such a powerful module. When you have one, invasion looting becomes a lot easier

Like I said, meddling with this game's economy is not my primary concern, but I think it's really needed.

I just pointed out very important idea, which would remove complaints about restricted module, which is only available with GS for now.

I am just pointing out, that we need craftable version as well, for free. Free option should have 1 major restriction or demand - very high cost.

The type and amount of resources should be determined by the developers themselves.

Spatial Scanner should be craftable!

If the developers will implement this, a lot of reviewers will give this game much better rating, because now it's much better than most of other F2P games.

Yes, much better than War Thunder. That's for sure!

P.S. Support this game. Developers must ensure that funds from Star Conflict goes for Star Conflict alone.

• 1 month later...