A plea to all honourable pilots

Because as we said when it was still a testing for all weapon, Scatter Gun out of a CO is a piece of garbage.

who said that?

when it was in test, with raw damage, and it was mounted on COs, it was undeniably OP, not garbage.

now, with em damage, and mounted on glass ships who rely more on close range damage, the situation is entirely different.

I use it or lets say i have it equipped. But i rarely actually shoot with it since normally i am more effective runnig away like a scared chicken and taking beacons. Its mostly used by me on frigates from afar or on ships wich are nearly dead or when i am desperate.

haha, well, to be honest, recons have a hard time in sec con, except you spam them like there is no tomorrow, or your team is clearly superior, or u really get a good window of opportunity; I do see the weapon sometimes in PvP, but hardly effective in SecCon. However the Recon has still its GTFO abilities, so running like a chicken is sometimes exactly what you can do and it still excels in beacon capture.

like with every meta however, the weapon may still get its usecases, dependant on how other stuff is balanced. Also, like with every weapon, it needs a couple of months until somebody really starts to excel in it, or learns the correct timing how to do stuff with it properly.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would like to make this plea to all pilots, veterans or not, who play in t5 PVP and Sector Conquest: stop using scatter gun for the moment.   As anyone who has played in high tier PVP will know, t

coughArcTiccough

haha, well, to be honest, recons have a hard time in sec con, except you spam them like there is no tomorrow, or your team is clearly superior, or u really get a good window of opportunity

Do you mean Recons with scatter gun or Recons in general that struggle in Sec Con?

who said that?

when it was in test, with raw damage, and it was mounted on COs, it was undeniably OP, not garbage.

now, with em damage, and mounted on glass ships who rely more on close range damage, the situation is entirely different.

Read again

Because as we said when it was still a testing for all weapon, Scatter Gun out of a CO is a piece of garbage.

On COs it was undeniably op, out of there it's a pile of crap. No one on his right mind would put that thing on his Recon.

coughArcTiccough

If he can believe in creationism he can believe in Scatter Gun Recons.

• Upvote 2

I tried to use it and gave up it really seems to be inferior.

I feel the same way.

It is inferior to any other interceptor weapon when it comes to dogfighting. For hunting down cruise-tacklers, it does a fairly decent job, although I've found plasma gun to be much better for that. As for taking down frigates (particularly guards), RF blasters combined with parasitic works the best.

On COs it was undeniably op, out of there it's a pile of crap. No one on his right mind would put that thing on his Recon.

ah. well. I understood "out of a" differently (in terms of shooting with it out of a...), so you mean, "not on a" co, it was crap? hmmm.

the scatter with raw damage was fine on *any* ceptor imho. it was just absolutely over the top OP on covert ops, yes.

but they were far from "garbage" on recons with the raw damage part, the longer range which worked better with the homing in the old version, and the quite heavy damage on close range.

yes, on a CO they just dominated, because you could just kill anything in milliseconds, but it wasnt garbage...

It is as I said, an entirely different weapon now anyway, i bet they would be crap now on CO aswell. It was nerfed in nearly every aspect.

Have to add, I don't see that as a loss. It isn't a weapon I see as "ingenious" as the other two new ones.

Do you mean Recons with scatter gun or Recons in general that struggle in Sec Con?

I meant in terms of fighting, since he was talking about that he runs like chicken; they struggle in fighting power. Not generally.

I feel the same way.

...although I've found plasma gun to be much better for that.

gotta say the new plasma is fun, however for hunting especially cruise the slower fire / bigger hits of the classic plasma was a tiny bit more convenient, dont you think :/

I meant in terms of fighting, since he was talking about that he runs like chicken; they struggle in fighting power. Not generally.

The imperial recons have the best tank potential of all interceptors, they can be fast, maneuverable, and they don't care about being slowed because the don't use adaptives.

Their staying power is among the best in the interceptors.

And they have better firepower than the ECMs.

For me they are the more balanced interceptor class

ah. well. I understood "out of a" differently (in terms of shooting with it out of a...), so you mean, "not on a" co, it was crap? hmmm.

Yeah sorry maybe I was using that three words in the wrong way and I've been thinking I'm using them properly.

For me they are the more balanced interceptor class

you do have a point there

you do have a point there

Well, I was talking gameplay and potential wise. I don't think any interceptor is OP or broken.

In fact I don't think nothing at this point is broken, or even OP. There are some exploitable builds and weapons, but they are just exploitable, not broken. 

Cov ops is good at burst damage, but don't have any staying power, and usually depends on adaptives to work

ECMs are support ships, and lack damage for taking down heavy targets.

Recons can do everything well, but they don't excel at anything (except at mobility) They have good burst abilities with the parasitic and the usual empire weapon bonus. They usually have more CPU than ECM, they have good tanking capabilities, and a dual panic button (cloak + microwarp) for tactical retreats. They have the best special missiles (slowing) and also mines.

When I'm in a recon, I'm confident that I can take anything, even in a long term fight. And in case things change, I can just leave.

I do believe you would rip my face off a lot; you force me into my main ship in the deck often enough if we meet. And usually, I also feel pretty "safe" in a Recon. I was talking more about the average encounter, a strong player is dangerous in any ship.

However, curious, adaptive always is displayed for it's downsides in discussions; it still counts for me as standing power to have it. The truth is, adaptive works over 90% of the time flawlessly, giving you more tank, than a hull fitted empire recon; while it is true, that the recons are fast, especially since compared to all ceptors, speed is a lot more decent, they are still in danger to good COs or ECMs. I think in T5, the overall a bit less maximum speed on ceptor fits helps the empire recon there.

From the gunside of view (I play a lot of non-ceptor these days in t5, since i synergize ships i disliked to synergize these days), the Recon still usually melts the fastest, but can escape better. But the most painful truth is about them imho is still taking beacons right under your nose. :) And of course the time and effort to hunt them down, while the rest of the enemy does "other things"

So basicly yeah, I agree, it is rounded, allright, which is sometimes nice, but for me personally, ECMs and COs usually are a bigger threat, through all classes.

The main discussion was about the scatter gun, where I just have to say, the plea was nice at times of the xmas weapons, but of course, does not hold up today anymore.