A plea to all honourable pilots

perhaps i've come into the game late here, but what's the problem with the A1MA module? As far as I can see it acts as a EM pulsar against your current target for a short time

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would like to make this plea to all pilots, veterans or not, who play in t5 PVP and Sector Conquest: stop using scatter gun for the moment.   As anyone who has played in high tier PVP will know, t

coughArcTiccough

What I find ironic, about many of the posts in this thread, is that many of the defenders of Scatter Gun, and it's semi-auto-aim nature, are the same ones that had signatures and forum rants about LRF snipers A1MA module.

Funny how it is different for them when the advantage is FOR their favourite ship class, rather than against it.....

I defend all modules. I want to make them better. Class or role means nothing to me as I play them all although LRF is my favorite role.

I have no problems with the small sentry drone being nerfed a bit again. Actually, imho it never needed any buff. It was fine as it was.

People just randomly poop them, no strategy, no honor. It was always a big event, if you actually got a kill out of those drones once, but they were always strong enough to at least pose some kind of threat.

I would not call them OP, rather "annoying". It breaks the dynamic of the game, especially in endgame.

The A1MA module was - as I want to remind - not only hated because of its auto aiming, but also, because it broke some weapons mechanics, like the ion; had a very low cooldown time; and for weeks nobody could get the blueprint, while others had it.

@starcoaster: before it was a personal micropulsar, it actually aimed your weapon at the target for 2 secs with 100% accuracy, however slow barrel movement

same applies to the auto-aiming nature of the scatter: well, okay, its half of a homing missile; but it deals ridiculous raw damage, ignoring resistances, including the ability to basicly finish off ships in a few shots, no matter what they do. if that weapon would not have a crit functionality (so it could simply not crit!), and would have a damage type, I would not care for it's auto-aiming nature at all, because it is basicly a homing missile shotgun, which leaves you at a disadvantage if the enemy actually *can* aim.

I had the same stance with A1MA back then, btw. I did not care for it's auto-aim, i was rather furious about it's low cooldown time which was lower than flares, and the fact, it did not stop ions from reducing resistance.

My solution would be simple, auto aiming weaponry should have absolutely no crit. It is already auto-aiming. There is no need to get crits. It is also rather usual to solve this like that.

• Upvote 1

perhaps i've come into the game late here, but what's the problem with the A1MA module? As far as I can see it acts as a EM pulsar against your current target for a short time

Maybe you joined after it was changed, but it used to auto aim for you for a few seconds, meaning small ships could be blasted easier, and they rightly hated that.  With cries of " I am not a bot, let me aim for myself!" ect, it was soon nerfed to what you see now.

I have no direct experience of this as I hardly use LRF sniper, and never used that particular module.

G4borg above, explains it better.

A1MA Gen1 used to be a no-skill aimbot that was a decent counter to interceptors. It had broken mechanics on certain weapon but now those weapons have been nerfed by range. That nerf does not mean much though in relation to A1MA Gen1. Gen2 is the no-skill, semiuseless pseudo-pulsar that was a nerf oblivion reaction to Gen1.

Gen3 (Which hasn't happened yet) is much better. It involves increasing projectile speed for projectile based weapons and increasing damage output for laser based weapons for a short period of time. Although it makes it easier to aim Gen3 still requires you to aim making it better that it's predecessors. Gen3 has similar mechanics to the J5 implant. (correct me if I'm wrong. It is Jericho just can't remember which one)

A1MA Gen1 used to be a no-skill aimbot that was a decent counter to interceptors. It had broken mechanics on certain weapon but now those weapons have been nerfed by range. That nerf does not mean much though in relation to A1MA Gen1. Gen2 is the no-skill, semiuseless pseudo-pulsar that was a nerf oblivion reaction to Gen1.

Gen3 (Which hasn't happened yet) is much better. It involves increasing projectile speed for projectile based weapons and increasing damage output for laser based weapons for a short period of time. Although it makes it easier to aim Gen3 still requires you to aim making it better that it's predecessors. Gen3 has similar mechanics to the J5 implant. (correct me if I'm wrong. It is Jericho just can't remember which one)

oh right, so it acts as a EM mini-pulsar whilst applying a short buff to your weapons?

Every gun is OP in the hands of a pro pilot

and yes you are right, but there are counter measures for them with other pro pilots, but for scatter its a deferent set of rules, to counter it, you have to make the choice, counter the scatter or the rest of the op weapons out there.

Drones are not op=scater gun is not op (btw scater gun needs a dmg buff)

You have no idea, I suggest you look at my scatter gun videos to get some better perspective.

and yes you are right, but there are counter measures for them with other pro pilots, but for scatter its a deferent set of rules, to counter it, you have to make the choice, counter the scatter or the rest of the op weapons out there.

Thing is, you can not counter Scatter gun - even if you fit your ships in pure HP point, the gain is not that much (outside of InquisitorS) so for scatter gun, it might take another 1 or 2 shots to kill you.

And i would disagree with those that say it sux in close range, after using it for awhile, i was able to win quite a few dogfights vs above average inty pilots (frigs and fighters stand no chance). It is not as good as other inty weapons in close range, but it is definitely not that bad, I would even say it is much easier to dog fight with scatter than with PlasmaGun or SuperCharger for example.

In short, the only way to truly counter the scatter gun is to use damage debuffs from the ecm's weapon system inhibitor and, to a certain degree, with the guard's signature masking. That being said, the range on the scatter gun makes it difficult to keep the effect on unless you're using the Empire's 'Storm Viking'.

I believe one of the main things that should be nerfed on the scatter is its ability to reach 5k range.

If anything, the gun is strong, but it's also weak. 

Only the covert ops, or I guess I should say those ships with high crit damage, make it seem strong.

Orion used with that crit damage ensures that you hit 10k damage on almost every single hit.

The base damage itself may be able to work out with a small main damage buff, but it's fine as it is. (main damage-wise.)

It's an easy gun to fight against up close, and it's really easy to simply reduce that damage by a good amount.

It's practically a useless gun once you debuff its damage via the ecms.

There are more counters to scatter gun. Covop White Noise, LRF IR Field.

yup and there are counters to White Noise and IR Field :006j:

yup and there are counters to White Noise and IR Field :006j:

Well if the scatter covop uses a PT then it leaves less CPU slots for critical chance. The scatter covop could also white noise the other covop. Then ECM, duh.

Anymore?

infrared or crit dmg with Scatter?

Are you crazy?

its easy to hit targets <300m with Scatter coz projectiles don't spread that much

btw 

E14 best counter to BS modules

• 2 months later...

Bit of a necro, but I was looking through my old topics, came across this one, and then realised that I never see scatter gun in-game anymore...

So, why are none of you using scatter gun now?

i saw a couple, but i guess, it is a recon weapon and generally in most t4&t5 games if i see recons, i often have no idea what weapons they actually have, because they are mostly used to cap beacons and gtfo.

i saw a couple, but i guess, it is a recon weapon and generally in most t4&t5 games if i see recons, i often have no idea what weapons they actually have, because they are mostly used to cap beacons and gtfo.

good point ;D  I never considered that

But I do assume, they got less.

Partly the mechanic might not be everybody's thing, especially if you do not have the uber raw damage it had as an xmas weapon...

Recons are brawling interceptors. They fight over beacons, so they need brawling weapons.

Most recons use either sharpnel because of the parasitic synergy, or Pulses because it is still the best dogfighting weapon.

Because as we said when it was still a testing for all weapon, Scatter Gun out of a CO is a piece of garbage.

cuz scattergun sux. any of the other 4 weapons are superior to it. The only use I've found for scattergun is hunting cruise tacklers, but that is a very specific use that leaves you lacking in every other area.

I think its a decent weapon for people who cant aim well. For example when an intie is down on few hull and it starts evading like crazy u shoot one salvo and its done for.

I think its a decent weapon for people who cant aim well. For example when an intie is down on few hull and it starts evading like crazy u shoot one salvo and its done for.

Do you actually use it though? I personally have seen only one being used since it was limted to recons.

I use it or lets say i have it equipped. But i rarely actually shoot with it since normally i am more effective runnig away like a scared chicken and taking beacons. Its mostly used by me on frigates from afar or on ships wich are nearly dead or when i am desperate.

I use it or lets say i have it equipped. But i rarely actually shoot with it since normally i am more effective runnig away like a scared chicken and taking beacons. Its mostly used by me on frigates from afar or on ships wich are nearly dead or when i am desperate.

And that is a waste of a weapon. You may as well not even bother putting a weapon on your recon if you don't use it. Try using scattergun against tacklers, as that is one of the few roles it is semi-effective against. Otherwise use a different gun for shooting frigates from afar or taking beacons (plasma gun is nice for that, or RFs if you don't mind getting close).