Sign in to follow this  
Ch8rub1m

Mentor/Recruit Mechanics

Here are the problems when squadding with a brand new T1 player:

- Long queues because the game must find another 2 player squad.

- If you are a player who goes to T5 regularly, you have a higher skill rating (which means nothing). If you want to squad with a new person in T1 both you and that person, who only has T1, get booted up into T2.

How am I supposed to help a T1 player when I can't even play T1? Doesn't that go against recruit mechanics.

Suggested tips:

- -1/+1 squadding to shorten queue times and yet remain fair to both teams

- increase and maintain player base with faster queues making a positive feedback loop. Kinda like contractions during pregnancy.

- increase and maintain player base through player education

- when squad with a T1 only player remove T1 restrictions from high tier players. In other words allow an older player to do T1 with a new player. When the older player is by himself, though, move that older player to T2 queue automatically.

Who created this stupid design?

"Oh let's make a recruit system where you can't teach new players anything in tier 1. Also let's force that new player with only T1 ships to play in T2. That will definitely increase and maintain player base and while we're at it let's refuse to fix squadding mechanics so people stay in queue forever and therefore ingame."

"Who created this stupid design?"

Someone stupid, I guess.

I get in full T2 matches with T1 ships, even with a random.

I guess, I'll skip Grandmaster title.

Ironically, I get the feeling, that this game intention is really just to just make you angry, like a mad monkey.

Changes I'd like to see in the Mentor system:

1) Mentor + Pupil are NOT a squad for the purposes of matchmaking - they are put up against randoms.

2) Mentoring extends to Rank 6. Once a player purchases a Rank 7 ship they can no-longer be mentored.

Changes I'd like to see in the Mentor system:

1) Mentor + Pupil are NOT a squad for the purposes of matchmaking - they are put up against randoms.

2) Mentoring extends to Rank 6. Once a player purchases a Rank 7 ship they can no-longer be mentored.

Very valid points.

T1 ships should be put against T1 matches and not T2, because of the Mentor stats.