ArcTic with your comments that you are making is proof enough that "intelligent design" doesn't exist!

• Upvote 2

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is impossible to have "legit debates" with people like you... You just spout nonsense and give "evidence" based on a single website made by some random guy. And if all else fails, then you just res

Posted Images

. Life didn't come from no life. Bacteria came via asteroids to the Earth after it was created. These bacteria could survive extremely harsh environments, and as the Earth cooled and began to change, the bacteria evolved (this happened over millions of years).

On the note of the big bang, there is scientific evidence that it happened (the universe is expanding is one

There is literally no proof for panspermia. It is, at best, an educated guess. Just because the universe is expanding doesn't mean that is always has. You are taking scientific guesses as facts. It may or may not be true but we need to confirm this with proof. There is simply not enough evidence to support either of these things you have mentioned.

Christian Nazis also killed millions of Jews, but I don't see you bringing up that point.

Christians also killed millions of muslims in the Crusades, but you aren't bringing that one up either.

Godwin's Law...

ArcTic with your comments that you are making is proof enough that "intelligent design" doesn't exist!

And with such a foolish comment as that, you have proved that your great grand daddy probably was an ape. 

There is literally no proof for panspermia. It is, at best, an educated guess. Just because the universe is expanding doesn't mean that is always has. You are taking scientific guesses as facts. It may or may not be true but we need to confirm this with proof. There is simply not enough evidence to support either of these things you have mentioned.

Godwin's Law...

LOL he believes bacteria came from outer space!

If you guys want to have legit debates, i'm open for it. fer just wants to make snarky comments and very few people seem to actually want to try to show evidence. 

Don't agree with me. Bacteria may or may not have come from outer space but we just don't know for sure. Dirk is treating panspermia as an undeniable fact and trying to push it on others.

Sound familiar ArcTic?

something from ignorant me:

> creationist stuff originates from bible which as a book is remake/mashup (remake of old stories, legends etc before put in one book were passed from generation to generation verbally; mashup well lots of ancients gods and stuff they did are put in one out of 3 > da Jesus) so for me logic of ppl which put believes in dat is not existent.

>As for panspermia, it's funny theory but cannot be proven(well if we discover same bacterias on other planets as on earth we could have 99,9% probability and stuff, but not 100%)

btw I love where this thread is goin!

something from ignorant me:

> creationist stuff originates from bible which as a book is remake/mashup (remake of old stories, legends etc before put in one book were passed from generation to generation verbally; mashup well lots of ancients gods and stuff they did are put in one out of 3 > da Jesus) so for me logic of ppl which put believes in dat is not existent.

and yet it all fits together without contradictions like the quran has? 

C'mon bible is best propaganda book ever made... It survived almost 2k years

The parts/books/letters ect it contains was chosen by heads of church of dat time.

It's only showing da son of god as supernatural hooman.

according to bible da god on earth was  nowhere to be found when he was 1-7; 7-30years old.

There is very little about him as a hooman, it's just teacher or magician which can heal, walk on water, make free wine etc.

gospels(or w/e is called in english) only by 4 dudes were accepted, approved and added to final version of book, but there were lots of pplz which were writing about stuff da son of da god did... stuff which contained missing years from Jesus's life

damn idk where I'm goin with dat and why...

Tillo's out!

Dear mighty Flying Spaghetti Monster, wherever you will send me after my death: please don't send me in the same place where "those" guys will spent the eternity. C'mon dude you can't call it "Heaven" if i have to spent all my time with such nice guys like those two or you know... guys like Torquemada.

And with such a foolish comment as that, you have proved that your great grand daddy probably was an ape.

If you guys want to have legit debates, i'm open for it. fer just wants to make snarky comments and very few people seem to actually want to try to show evidence.

It is impossible to have "legit debates" with people like you... You just spout nonsense and give "evidence" based on a single website made by some random guy. And if all else fails, then you just resort to trying to define the terms "science" or "belief" in a different way in order to suit your purpose. Ultimately, you then just say well religion is a belief and so is science, since it is impossible to prove anything to 100% certainty (which is true) and therefore creationism is just as viable as any other theory. This way you nullify any debate. I watched only the first 45 minutes of xKostyan's debate, but it was already visible. The creationist guy was already just fighting over the definitions of terms, and then just using the names of a few guys who are scientists and also creationists, in order to convince people that creationism is "legit". At no point did he provide any evidence. Indeed he can't, there is none! A group of texts written a long long time ago does not count as evidence, just as texts we have from some time ago saying that the earth is flat are today invalid. Should the bible be used as evidence, it would have to pass through the process of peer review, quote studies, name sources, give experimental results, analyse these results etc as do any scientific papers nowadays.

Let me try this though. Do you agree that the universe is expanding? There is plenty of proof that this the case, and that it has been in the past. If the topic really interests you then go study astrophysics. Now if the universe is expanding and always has been, then where is it expanding from? There must have been an explosion or some kind of release of energy, to give these galaxies momentum in a certain direction. Now what existed before this explosion, noone knows and noone can prove it, but to deny the big bang is on the same level as denying that stars even exist.

This is the same for evolution. There is so much proof of it, that to deny it is just like denying that the dinosaurs ever existed, or like saying that dinosaurs and men walked on the earth at the same time.

• Upvote 3

well your the proof of that

Now what existed before this explosion, noone knows and noone can prove it, but to deny the big bang is on the same level as denying that stars even exist.

That concept doesn't apply and isn't accurate. We have only recorded the universe expanding for as many decades as we could measure the blue shifts and red shifts of light we sent into space. We have absolutely no proof that the universe started as a big bang. I could have the same idea that the universe expands and contracts in a cycle and it would have as much ground as the idea that the universe came into existence through a big bang and has been expanding ever since.

The big bang theory is not a theory but a hypothesis in which you cannot test. Probably the only thing that could prove it is if humans looked so far into the distance that we saw light that came out of "the big bang" but we can't. We have signs of residue from the supposed big bang but that isn't enough evidence to support an idea so large and fundamental as that.

Now I reason differently than ArcTic using logic but what I agree with is that some people with the side of science often use vague ideas when the can't "remember". They say things like "_________ or something". If they can't find anymore evidence to support their side of the argument they call they other side stupid and use snarky comments.

It is impossible to have "legit debates" with people like you... You just spout nonsense and give "evidence" based on a single website made by some random guy. And if all else fails, then you just resort to trying to define the terms "science" or "belief" in a different way in order to suit your purpose. Ultimately, you then just say well religion is a belief and so is science, since it is impossible to prove anything to 100% certainty (which is true) and therefore creationism is just as viable as any other theory. This way you nullify any debate. I watched only the first 45 minutes of xKostyan's debate, but it was already visible. The creationist guy was already just fighting over the definitions of terms, and then just using the names of a few guys who are scientists and also creationists, in order to convince people that creationism is "legit". At no point did he provide any evidence. Indeed he can't, there is none! A group of texts written a long long time ago does not count as evidence, just as texts we have from some time ago saying that the earth is flat are today invalid. Should the bible be used as evidence, it would have to pass through the process of peer review, quote studies, name sources, give experimental results, analyse these results etc as do any scientific papers nowadays.

Let me try this though. Do you agree that the universe is expanding? There is plenty of proof that this the case, and that it has been in the past. If the topic really interests you then go study astrophysics. Now if the universe is expanding and always has been, then where is it expanding from? There must have been an explosion or some kind of release of energy, to give these galaxies momentum in a certain direction. Now what existed before this explosion, noone knows and noone can prove it, but to deny the big bang is on the same level as denying that stars even exist.

This is the same for evolution. There is so much proof of it, that to deny it is just like denying that the dinosaurs ever existed, or like saying that dinosaurs and men walked on the earth at the same time.

dont even try millanbell you cant reason with ppl like that, its just wasted words on him, but this will enlightened you on how they react to something that doesnt fit with there way of thinking of the world, some parts of the vid go a little to far but others are right on the spot, its to show what the extremes are 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw-R7TKCXKw

Just to be on the safe side here. The Bible itself is historical evidence, and for its own time extremely scientific, it is one of the best sources for a lot of historical facts, and in that form can be taken very seriously.

It is however not a book about natural sciences, that was never it's purpose, nor did we invent it back then. It is funny to theorize about that stuff, but that's it, it usually just ends in people telling each other what others should believe, and that's hardly the point.

It's not like all christians are creationists, and not only creationists have claim to the bible, and not all christians interprete it in that way; This also means, insulting a creationist with bible facts will also insult the other christian. Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 are two stories of how the things happened and they kinda contradict themselves already in chronology, so it should be obvious, since it was written by rather intelligent people back then, there must be more to the whole thing. Don't forget, when we talk about creationism, we are talking about a word of the first page of the first book, nothing else.

To all other stuff, it's not like the comment about "there is more proof against god" are not equally derailed and untrue. You cannot prove or disprove God. And even if you do, it will be only for yourself. It is logically impossible to prove a being, which is by definition outside of space and time, and supposedly created everything. There is no evidence against god. Statistically, there is evidence _for_ god since more people believe in him, than do not, but that hardly counts as real evidence in a discussion, which, if it is about the existence of God, is simply about opinions and beliefs, not about facts and logic.

Anyone saying otherwise should work on his IQ, because it needs expansion.

Everyone has a right to believe in god, science is not responsible for finding evidence for or against it, nor will it ever be able to, since you cannot measure something outside of the system.

And to be honest, if i would be god, watching all the idiot protoapes (me included) on this planet, i would make it damn hard to find me, and leave me alone, so at least, he is better than me in his job.

My 2 cents, I'm out and let Jackson grab Popcorn.

Just to be on the safe side here. The Bible itself is historical evidence, and for its own time extremely scientific, it is one of the best sources for a lot of historical facts, and in that form can be taken very seriously.

It is however not a book about natural sciences, that was never it's purpose.

This is true. The Bible is not ment to be a science text book. Although the bible what written by many different people there is a common thread running through all of the books. Now don't treat what I will say below as scientific fact but as religious fact. In a religious context what I say is true. This is basically it below:

- The fall of mankind

- God's purpose and what he will do to fix the problem

- What humans can do to alleviate the problem in the meantime

It's not like all christians are creationists, and not only creationists have claim to the bible, and not all christians interprete it in that way;

This

My respect for you has increased.

"The Bible indicates in several places that the universe has been “stretched out” or expanded. For example, Isaiah 40:22 teaches that God “stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.” This would suggest that the universe has actually increased in size since its creation. God has stretched it out. He has expanded it (and is perhaps still expanding it). "

https://answersingenesis.org/answers/books/taking-back-astronomy/the-universe-confirms-the-bible/

interesting about the universe expanding. bible says it.

I love how scientists are just like, THE UNIVERSE IS EXPANDING, THIS DISPROVES THE BIBLE, when the bible suggests the universe is expanding. 

The Bible does have a lot of things that evolutionists can't explain. like fulfilled prophecies.

I love how scientists are just like, THE UNIVERSE IS EXPANDING, THIS DISPROVES THE BIBLE, when the bible suggests the universe is expanding. 

I never heard a scientist say that.

well your the proof of that

fer, if i'd wanted to hear from a butt-hole i'd F-art.  

You should stop TRYING to be clever cuz it's tiresome to read. 

f_8cf8977a4d.jpg

fer, if i'd wanted to hear from a xxxxxxx, i'd xxxx. 

You should stop TRYING to be clever cuz it's tiresome to read. 

Hey ArTic!

f_8cf8977a4d.jpg

ArcTic, stop quoting that site. It isn't credible, nor is it accurate, not even remotely. It is a load of Creationist bull**** that some guy who got #rekt by Bill Nye in a debate put up on the internet so that ignorant people like yourself have "evidence" that creationism is the only correct answer.

News flash, it isn't. No one knows what actually happened, we weren't there. No one was. Science offers speculations as to how the Earth and Universe was created, as does religion. We don't know which is correct, we can only debate on which we feel is more correct. Atheists believe that science offers more convincing evidence, as there is physical evidence as well as studies conducted about how the Earth works that can be used to help show the origins of this Earth.

I hereby move that we all drop this pointless debate and move on with our lives. We all have the right to believe what we want, and none of us have the right to force our beliefs on someone else, nor do we have the right to criticize people based on their beliefs.

As an honorable person, I hereby pledge to never debate about religion on this forum.