Ch8rub1m

How to Destroy the Defiler

Non-organised squads will always have trouble with this due to needing co-ordination and good ships/skills. Trying to organise the roles of 12 randoms who have all brought random ships...hard to even get past a couple of MI.

That's not how it works. From what I've seen trying to do that mission. That pulsar activates when the Defiler has been in the battlefield for 20 minutes. 

The "rules" said you'd have to kill him in 20 minutes before it spawns, so that might be the reason.

The Defiler had not been on the battlefield for 20 minutes, as the countdown timer was still at around 8 minutes until 20 minutes was up.

That's a lie Dirk...

timer starts at 30min

infinite pulsar started at 9:25

so it took some time for Big Boy to spawn and 20min time is legit

The Defiler had not been on the battlefield for 20 minutes, as the countdown timer was still at around 8 minutes until 20 minutes was up.

Believe me it was, or it was a bug then. Both times I tried at the same hour he started with the pulsar, because he had been already 20 minutes in the field.

How to destroy the Defiler:

1)Wait until the Dreadnaught update and stop wasting duplicators.

2)Make Dreadnaught.

3)Own Defiler with your own unlimited pulsar, drone reinforcements, and giant destroyer missiles and beams.

4)Profit.

Lol it does seem like this is a dreadnaught test. Now you see how hard they will be to destroy and of course the organised corps with them will win against any corps that don't squad that well...if it indeed turns out that DN battles are 12 ship wing with capital ship.

i understood it that way, if the defiler itself starts his own pulsar, it is because it's impossible to kill it in the time remaining. it can start before 20 minutes, signaling, its impossible to finish him with your current team at that point, even if you would try.

still some people managed to finish him in 21:something :D

i understood it that way, if the defiler itself starts his own pulsar, it is because it's impossible to kill it in the time remaining. it can start before 20 minutes, signaling, its impossible to finish him with your current team at that point, even if you would try.

still some people managed to finish him in 21:something :D

The pulsar starts 20 mins after the defiler joins the game, so you can finish it after the 20 min mark. Also if the defiler enters the final stage, he wont start the time destructor.

And btw I just needed 2 duplicators in our successful run.

The pulsar starts 20 mins after the defiler joins the game, so you can finish it after the 20 min mark. Also if the defiler enters the final stage, he wont start the time destructor.

And btw I just needed 2 duplicators in our successful run.

Ah, nice info.

Unfortunately, I got primaried by the biomorphs at start, so I needed one. Next time. :D

Being in the recon closing portals is more risky than going in a gunship in the defiler group.

If you watch the video he posted on YouTube he died an unnecessary amount of times  :004j:

If you watch the video he posted on YouTube he died an unnecessary amount of times  :004j:

no need to survive when you have achievement  :012j:

Regarding Curved+3x Horizon, technically you will have better dps if you use Crit lens +2 infrareds +1 horizon (or F2 and 3x infrareds) while having same or better optimal range

On 9/21/2016 at 3:19 PM, AKmatiAK said:

use EM weapons, it's got dmg bonus on defiler

Thread necromancy is shunned in polite circles.