Ch8rub1m

How to Destroy the Defiler

I want to know where this thermal damage appears lol. Also, Defiler missiles I'm sure are 12km range, I sat at 13km and they blew up in front of me. You can get up to 4km to shoot up the emitters, not sure if there is any bonus aside from disabling the weapon for a while.

I think killing MI needs a "fast" attack squad of engies, gunships, perhaps a T-Rex guard, command ship would be useful for resists...maybe given that everyone always has 200+ EM resist on lol.

I am uploading a video of my first go at the mission, will take a while. The last half it pretty boring; I am also uploading a different one where we managed to reach the MI and maybe even killed one. SO many guards though, to slow to kill the MI. http://youtu.be/IuEEeAxCYpo

10350426_350353361802998_46762805901679310734279_350353345136333_886073479928864

It's not very big, you say?

1374263_350353405136327_8840972276918688

• Upvote 2

Defiler missiles have unlimited range. They can appear away from the defiler then travel 6500 meters before exploding.

Btw Efefay was that your Lion charging into the Defiler at 700m/s? ;)

Defiler missiles have unlimited range. They can appear away from the defiler then travel 6500 meters before exploding.

just look at what you just wrote

Time difference. Play mission. Gain intel. Write post. Do not update post on page 1. That's it. ;p

Also it's funny that pressing "back" while in the full editor opens the forum page *inside* the editing box... XD

Wait... does that alien ship actually move around???? If so, Holy hell.

Wait... does that alien ship actually move around???? If so, Holy hell.

Yep it's moving.

The missiles can be destroyed by AMS or Flares.

All the explosive weapons have a deadly effect on the Defiler weaponry (AoE Op).

Yep it's moving.

The missiles can be destroyed by AMS or Flares.

All the explosive weapons have a deadly effect on the Defiler weaponry (AoE Op).

I am officially scared to be in a sector and have one of those appear. O.o

Btw Efefay was that your Lion charging into the Defiler at 700m/s? ;)

I used jerry frigs

just look at what you just wrote

You aren't getting what I am saying... They can appear any distance from the Defiler. So the missiles can appear 2000 meters away and travel 6500 meters going a total distance of 8500.

About defiler , long range frigates with coils are good , with 3 horizons coil range 8300. Also guards good at tanking at some point  and missile cover.

About portals more and more aliens will come from that gates so  you have to close portal as soon as possible. That means you need interceptor team for this job cause they are multi.

About  Matter inverter , kill it as soon as possible , 3 em resist guards can tank first wave , 3 guard with 3 anomally generator will kill it before the second wave. Cloacking works on matter inverter , tacklers can avoid all damage at first wave , recons more than half. other classes has to be try to tank it.

About rewards  3 purple slot for this size mission is funny, only reward I see just archiving it .Please stop acting like mission is easy cause its not.It is hard , it needs well coordinated good players with good ship setups (I dont see %70 yet) 

Static barrier does nothing to it. May as well switch to flares instead. That seems to get rid of the missiles as soon as it locks on lol.

I found it easy to dodge the missiles in a T-rex. In my Lightbringer I flew right at them and used combat reboot to ram them out of the sky.

Hmmm They usually launch at you faster than recharge at times. I still like flares, I just press the button and the missiles go away XD At least on my T-Rex because otherwise I have to  move a lot to try and dodge them instead of killing aliens.

From what I've seen, even though Recons close the portals with a bonus they tend to be too weak against the adds. They tend to die too much. The time spent dealing with adds and getting back after a death negates any bonus they have. It seems the best combo is two fighters and one engi for the portals.

Has anyone found interceptors actually work better? If so speak up because it's hard to tell unless you fly it and with only one or two gos every 12hrs it's hard to try out different ships.

It seems they might take less damage from Matter Inverter as my frigate was seeing 3k hits while an interceptor only received 1.2k, and my frig had more resists! Makes up for the  low HP I guess, and you may be able to plasma arc the MI since colliding I believe is not like the anomally and more like an asteroid. Would have to confirm though.

So when the Defiler gets to 50%, it activates its own unlimited range pulsar with a time span of 1000 seconds. Is there a part of the Defiler you have to destroy to shut it off?

So when the Defiler gets to 50%, it activates its own unlimited range pulsar with a time span of 1000 seconds. Is there a part of the Defiler you have to destroy to shut it off?

Omg seriously? Does it do as much dmg as MI?

Not as much as MI, but it doesn't stop. I wanna know if there is something on the Defiler like an Emitter that you have to destroy to stop it

The mi should not be able to fire though asteroids. We should be able to use cover.

This is simply about getting us to buy more duplicators.

I went through 30 duplicators in one match. 

That's not how it works. From what I've seen trying to do that mission. That pulsar activates when the Defiler has been in the battlefield for 20 minutes. 

The "rules" said you'd have to kill him in 20 minutes before it spawns, so that might be the reason.