Ch8rub1m

How to Destroy the Defiler

Information:

- Defiler missiles home on to you obviously. Hide behind an asteroid. They have unlimited range. Circulate AMS to defend against them.

- There are emitters placed on the Defiler. Destroy them and you can get close. they look like little green glowing orbs. Using long range anomaly generators help better than EM torps. Try not to get to 90% so you can get as many emitters as possible.

- They all use EM damage.

- Using LRFs will help while facing the Defiler but not during the beginning phase where biomorphs come out.

- Long range weapons and missiles help. A heavy blaster with white three horizons gives you 7500 range.

- The Matter Inverter and defenses come back at 90%. Multiple ones appear through gameplay.

- As far as we know that matter inverter has a range greater than 10500. It goes through obstacles. It lasts 3 seconds and has 4 ticks. Each tick does 5000 EM damage without resists. they have an estimated 200,000 hull points.

- Use covops to destroy the portals. The MI will kill you but try to get as much damage in. Once the MI is destroyed use the duplicator to come back in.

Post more information.

[ESB] has destroyed the Defiler.

Maybe devs want us to be duplicators?

• Upvote 1

Duplicators come for free, + they can be manufactured. They are not very expensive, i don't see the issue. +, i like (in principle since i didn't see the "raid" yet) that they add some nice difficult content. 

Glad you all are trying this out !!  FIrst...   we will learn from your aah trials and tribulations  :006j:  

• Upvote 1

It's not difficult. It's impossible.

Every raid in WoW seemed impossible at start. That's all the PvE MMO i have experience with that's why i mention it don't hate pls. 

Well, it's not that hard.

You just need the correct settup with players able to follow the correct strategy and fitting.

Duplicators come for free, + they can be manufactured. They are not very expensive, i don't see the issue. +, i like (in principle since i didn't see the "raid" yet) that they add some nice difficult content. 

ONE per day. Considering how that map seems to be, you'll be spending a few more than those...

ONE per day. Considering how that map seems to be, you'll be spending a few more than those...

They are still dirty cheap. People trying this are supposed to be in high tiers anyway, so you will have plenty of resources for manufacturing them.

They are still dirty cheap. People trying this are supposed to be in high tiers anyway, so you will have plenty of resources for manufacturing them.

Speak for yourself. My high Tier is comprised of white and green gear.

Please tell xKostyan. Seriously because I'd like to know how you beat the mission if you did. I heard that an ESB killsquad couldn't even finish.

How would a squad of four T5 guards do, each with high EM resists and anomaly generator?  2-3 engies with attack drones, maybe one with octopus, though I feel like that'd be pointleess.  I feel with 8 anomalies and constant heals, this would be a good way to shatter the Defiler's HP.  Maybe 2 commands, 2 gunships, and a couple of LRFs might be an ideal squad here in addition.

*Edit, what if every ship were using combat drones...that's 24 drones on one ship.

Speak for yourself. My high Tier is comprised of white and green gear.

You will receive the same green kits than anyone. Salvage them.

How would a squad of four T5 guards do, each with high EM resists and anomaly generator?  2-3 engies with attack drones, maybe one with octopus, though I feel like that'd be pointleess.  I feel with 8 anomalies and constant heals, this would be a good way to shatter the Defiler's HP.  Maybe 2 commands, 2 gunships, and a couple of LRFs might be an ideal squad here in addition.

*Edit, what if every ship were using combat drones...that's 24 drones on one ship.

Bad.

Lack of mobility to close the portals, you will be swarmed by Aliens Minions. If you want to close the portals, Matter Inverser will have fun with you.

Bad.

Lack of mobility to close the portals, you will be swarmed by Aliens Minions. If you want to close the portals, Matter Inverser will have fun with you.

Good, so you need a squad of cruise fighters to close portals, maybe a recon also for sensor range and targeting, and closing portals. Good to know.

Can people post information on the AIs and their attributes? Don't speculate on the forums on tactics. If you find one that works then you go on the forums and post it.

Well, is any particular class just simply worthless on this mission?  I feel like Tackler, ECM, and maybe CO would be bad to take.

A tackler can be good if you use an inertial stabiliser and sit 4km behind the Defiler with slowing beam, tackler mods and kill the Emitters. Would need something like a lion mkII to survive when Matter Inverter comes. Need one ship with high sensor range, preferably the one sitting behind the Defiler. A gunship can work well with 3x CPU and 3x Hull. Inertial stabiliser with strafe implant to dodge. Recommend increased missile range and increase sensor + weapon range implants.

When shield appears on Defiler, stop attacking it! It is protected by that shield.

Need to kill Matter Inverter when it appears as it deals heavy EM damage (pulsar) to everything within at least 10,800m and recharges fast. You die if you collide with it...I tried ;p No known weak spot. It is not blocked by structures so even if you hide inside there you will still take full damage!

Attacking emitters could deal a damage bonus similar to Outposts in Crimson Haze. Not sure on this as the Defiler has so many hit points it is hard to gauge the bonus via the health bar.

Use missile shield or flares or anti-radar to dodge the "missiles". Note that EM scatter does not stop a second missile targetting you even if you are still under the effect.

And no one has said this yet, but with a ship of that size in the game, it could be a trail for dreadnaughts :) Granted it flies like a cargo ship...

And no one has said this yet, but with a ship of that size in the game, it could be a trail for dreadnaughts :) Granted it flies like a cargo ship...

Well, I haven't even seen it yet and probably won't for a while.  Someone post a picture so we can see Frankenstein's monster.  Also, I'm referring to the Devs as Frankenstein now, and I'm not explaining why but use your imagination.

I received a first capture medal when sealing a portal, so it seems they count as beacons. Not sure if it applies to contracts yet.

Information:

- Defiler missiles home on to you obviously. hide behind an asteroid. They have unlimited range. No, limited range, not sure how much, maybe 8km

- There are emitters placed on the Defiler. Destroy them and you can get close. they look like little green glowing orbs. Using long range anomaly generators help better than EM torps. There is no need to get close, the boss is huge

- They all use EM damage. There might be thermal too but not sure. A lot of EM dmg

- Using LRFs will help while facing the Defiler but not during the beginning phase where biomorphs come out. No, LRF very useful, high DPS helps melt the crazy amount of biomorphs

- Long range weapons and missiles help. A heavy blaster with white three horizons gives you 7500 range.

- The Matter Inverter and defenses come back at 90%. A second one shows up. They re-appear multiple times through out the fight

- As far as we know that matter inverter has a range greater than 8500. It goes through obstacles. It will kill you in 6 seconds depending on ship. I think it is unlimited range. Pulsar lasts 3 seconds (you take 4 ticks of damage i think)

Post more information.

Maybe devs want us to be duplicators? We used multiple duplicators whilst working out what to do, but on the final fight, maybe 3 or 4 of us died once

most of this is incorrect :-P

p.s. the boss has some insane amount of health