Best tanking ship for T4-5 PvE missions

19 members have voted

1. 1. Best T4-5 PvE tanking ship

• Empire Engineer
    • Federation Engineer
    • Federation Guard
    • Jericho Guard

Hello,

I'm currently struggling to stay alive with my Garm in T4-5 PvE missions.

As I am looking to optimize the PvE part to support my PvP sessions, I was wondering what was for you the best tanking ship class to better support PUG in PvE missions?

Thanks,

The best 'tanking ship' is the Jericho guard.

But have you considered the Federation frigates?

Their fire power and manoeuvrability might allow you to destroy the PVE A.I. well before you need to 'tank' their damage....

I have, it's just that in T4-5, AI is swarming and my Grizzly quickly melt as well, or maybe I am playing them (Grizzly and Garm) wrong.

Best tanking ship for PvE is any tier 5 guard, mainly because of the rank 13 implant. You will be able to perma shield boost.

Other than that, Minotaur and Naga do a great job with the powerful tank and power healing auras.

Federation frigates are better flown with adaptive shields and running nonstop, but currently adaptives are working wrong so you won't get that much tank either.

Garm is the less tanky of all the high tier empire engineers. Also take in mind that tier 5 PvE is designed to be completed with a full tier 5 lineup. Rank 10 ships have a hard time with it.

Remember, just having a Garm alone may not cut it, but if you use your garm, all healing modules, and your team has guards, and other roles, you can win.

I'm just using my Garm because there is no much choice to get to higher empire engineers, I got to take the pain and grind through it I guess :fed010: .

ok, someone please help me

what the f*ck am i supposed to do with fed frigs? seriously, the tank is pitiful, and maneuverability is rendered useless due to swarming. 

I'm trying to add something to the team with my anaconda mk2 and the ONLY thing i do is occasional pulsar. nothing else.

Even worse, the have shield tanking slots, but synergy gives more hull...

so... what should i do? 

except end all to hell and either

1. start grinding empire

2. rank-rush to t5 fed engi and then sit back and relax

ok, someone please help me

what the f*ck am i supposed to do with fed frigs? seriously, the tank is pitiful, and maneuverability is rendered useless due to swarming. 

I'm trying to add something to the team with my anaconda mk2 and the ONLY thing i do is occasional pulsar. nothing else.

Even worse, the have shield tanking slots, but synergy gives more hull...

so... what should i do? 

except end all to hell and either

1. start grinding empire

2. rank-rush to t5 fed engi and then sit back and relax

Fed adaptive guards are practically unstoppable without slows. PVE mobs tend to not have any slows (only seen them in blackwood stage 3).

If you want to do a PvE fit, then all you got to do is put adaptives on all the shield slots, fit a guard heal or two, and get enough energy regen to have them on while afterburning. Tank for days.

Of course, that's worthless in PvP, since people actually use slows and stuns and energy drain. Instead, one or two adaptives and a single-resist shield, plus a reasonable amount of energy regen, verniers in engine slots, and passive, galvanized, or single-resist hulls. This is, of course, just a suggestion. The important thing in a fed guard is to stay near the team -- overextending is going to be deadly with any frigate.

thanks for this

can you tell me how to play, then? If i need to be at full speed, maneuverability is crap. So... flyby, stop, turn, flyby again?

What kind of weapon suits this playstyle? i reckon mortar with AOE ?

thanks for this

can you tell me how to play, then? If i need to be at full speed, maneuverability is crap. So... flyby, stop, turn, flyby again?

Maneuverability is not crap, with a single vernier you will get around 50 deg/s with rotation implant, which is not bad. You just have to plan where you go beforehand.

If you are using adaptive tanking you should not stop. If you stop, your tank is zero.

About weapons, any weapon is OK in PvE, but I like heavy blasters for non stop barrage and heavy damage against bosses.

thanks for this

If you're using adaptives, you'll be turning a lot to stay in range of your targets. Which means that your blind spot is constantly moving. Which basically halves the fire rate of coil mortar.

Heavy blaster all the way, man. Heavy blaster all the way.