OmegaFighter

Hangar quick travel costs.

I measured it, one day. 5 minutes of invasion ~= 1 million credits.

Faster to just go between stations.

Faster credits gain with scanner. Say you're at empire station. Just go to Ontregos drift and find the mysterious crate, then do the same for scrapyard and Raider Range until you run out of warp fuel.

It also helps if you already know the mysterious crate locations.

Well, as for myself, I spend on hour each day for the monocrystals with my scanner, I do every encounter mission as well, call my corp friends for BP they seek, and come back to the station I need for mk3 modules.

All in all, it's a good relaxing time, earning several millions of credits, a bunch of loyalty and the mandatory 9 mono-crystals

Faster credits gain with scanner. Say you're at empire station. Just go to Ontregos drift and find the mysterious crate, then do the same for scrapyard and Raider Range until you run out of warp fuel.

It also helps if you already know the mysterious crate locations.

I measured it with a scanner, yes.

I measured it with a scanner, yes.

I have found mysterious containers before without scanner, (inside the station in Colonization Hub for one). but they have the same loot that regular drops do. Am I missing something?

It would be nice if they could drop the price back to 200k for switching. 800k is unreasonable for anyone without Rank 10+ Tackler or Recon... What if the only ships they have that can make the journey are Jericho Guard/Long Range? That could take an hour or more, and it's easy to just get randomly teamed up on and die out there when you're that slow.

I have tried to do it with Engie, couldn't make the trip with Naga but I could with T-Rex, if I had Warp Gate equipped. Of course I can't level them up to Mk4 to make the trip faster, because I don't have the vouchers I need and I need to switch stations to get them. I finally broke down and got the Rockwell, which I'm okay with since it's great to farm with and a good ship overall but I'm not thrilled that I had to do it.

Doing it in any fighter with a cruise engine is also viable. If you're traveling with a frigate with the sole purpose of changing station, you're doing it wrong.

I have found mysterious containers before without scanner, (inside the station in Colonization Hub for one). but they have the same loot that regular drops do. Am I missing something?

It would be nice if they could drop the price back to 200k for switching. 800k is unreasonable for anyone without Rank 10+ Tackler or Recon... What if the only ships they have that can make the journey are Jericho Guard/Long Range? That could take an hour or more, and it's easy to just get randomly teamed up on and die out there when you're that slow.

I have tried to do it with Engie, couldn't make the trip with Naga but I could with T-Rex, if I had Warp Gate equipped. Of course I can't level them up to Mk4 to make the trip faster, because I don't have the vouchers I need and I need to switch stations to get them. I finally broke down and got the Rockwell, which I'm okay with since it's great to farm with and a good ship overall but I'm not thrilled that I had to do it.

You sure they were "mysterious containers"? They're labeled "mysterious container" for one, and they're cloaked unless you get within 150m. They typically have crafting stuff, high credit loots, or blueprints. Usually high credit loots. Lowest credit loot you can get in one is 100k.

The mysterious container in colonisation hub that he mentioned often gives me signal decoders - not quite the 100k loot you suggest!

That mysterious container isn't an actual mysterious container. It may be called one, but Colonization Hub is a Danger Rating 4 sector, which won't spawn a true Mysterious Container. Mysterious containers found in Danger Rating 7 and 10 sectors won't be visible unless you are within 200 or so meters, and those containers give a minimum drop of 100k (or 20k if you count the pirate shield booster blueprints).

But back on the topic of this thread, the quick-travel costs are far to high, especially for players who don't have R10+ ships, or who have R10+ ships that are poor for traveling from one station to another (frigates or slow, non-cruise fighters). I feel like the fast-travel cost should be somewhere around 300-400k, that way a T3 pilot would only need to play 2-3 games to get the money to switch stations.