Ivasion Grind Fix

I figured out a fix for players hating invasion grind.

You can put two cargo bots at every warp gate.

Alternatively, you can have these added cargo bots only work if the player has a license.

At present, most gates do not have cargo bots. There are some maps that have them in abstract locations.

They have a very long return time.

No matter what I, and many others, are not going to play your resource loto at 300 GS per shot.

Licenses are your path to long term financial victory in this game. Micro transactions will cause you to lose players.

I figured out a fix for players hating invasion grind.

You can put two cargo bots at every warp gate.

Alternatively, you can have these added cargo bots only work if the player has a license.

At present, most gates do not have cargo bots. There are some maps that have them in abstract locations.

They have a very long return time.

No matter what I, and many others, are not going to play your resource loto at 300 GS per shot.

Licenses are your path to long term financial victory in this game. Micro transactions will cause you to lose players.

Play pvp and get green upgrade kits => salvage => profit. Faster than any grind.

Yep, make the most of it before tomorrow!

It will not due to the fact there is an Alien Monocrystal Limitation.

Secondly, it's giving more opportunities to the Mk2 Upgrade Kits, not only money, but also Ressources.

It will not due to the fact there is an Alien Monocrystal Limitation.

Secondly, it's giving more opportunities to the Mk2 Upgrade Kits, not only money, but also Ressources.

It will because credit is easy to farm and now duplicators too. I'm sure we will have a tweak that either reduce the income of salvage, of increase the cost of craft.

why not adding the resources in the pvp loot system ? Now pvp only gives you gray stuff, green stuff and occasionally purple and loyalty. 

Why not reduce the gray stuff chance and add some resources ?

Technically they added resources to the pvp loot system in the way that now you can salvage mk2 kits.

But yeah, some metal blanks here and there (or graphite plates) will be good.

Play pvp and get green upgrade kits => salvage => profit. Faster than any grind.

He speaks the truth!

Since I am stupid, I didn't clearify. I meant for the purposes of getting materials. I really want the ECM manufactured ship. It isn't easy for me to get tugston or osneum crystals.

why not adding the resources in the pvp loot system ? Now pvp only gives you gray stuff, green stuff and occasionally purple and loyalty. 

Why not reduce the gray stuff chance and add some resources ?

I agree with you and DestroHer.

We should be able to loot in pvp everything that we can in invasion, with some random green and purple kits.

After all, PvP loot system looks like the Invasion loot system.

And it would be funy to loot the 1M credit item in pvp  :005j:

The greens in T5 are strait up 1M credits worth. I'm guessing it will be added at some time.

Since I am stupid, I didn't clearify. I meant for the purposes of getting materials. I really want the ECM manufactured ship. It isn't easy for me to get tugston or osneum crystals.

the answer is still salvage stuff :P

only thing you can't get from salvaging mk2 gear is alien monocrystals

the answer is still salvage stuff :P

only thing you can't get from salvaging mk2 gear is alien monocrystals

When you kill aliens there should be chance to drop monocrystals.

Hope piracy rates will grow and we will have more populated sectors and if I kill somebody I can get his/her's crystals and run for it, then get killed and somebody loots it.

Fun, right ?

That is what I expected when Open world was promised.

Instead it is : 

This guy is grinding, oh hello, I am grinding too, la la la la, container, la la la la container, la la la la drone, and repeat.

When you kill aliens there should be chance to drop monocrystals.

Hope piracy rates will grow and we will have more populated sectors and if I kill somebody I can get his/her's crystals and run for it, then get killed and somebody loots it.

Fun, right ?

That is what I expected when Open world was promised.

Instead it is : 

This guy is grinding, oh hello, I am grinding too, la la la la, container, la la la la container, la la la la drone, and repeat.

That doesn't sound fun to me in the slightest.

What I expected was something where a low-level group of Empire players would go off to a mineral patch and start mining, and then they'd have to fight off pirates while trying to get their cargo back home and they could call upon nearby players for help.

Or where I could be flying around high-tier Imperial space and have a Jericho ship warp in, and then the next thing loads of Empire players rush in to try and kill it for epic rewards while the Jericho pilots all try to get there and defend it for epic rewards, and the result is a chaotic deathball of all different ships and tiers mixed as both sides throw everything they've got into the battle because they just need to capture this one beacon and hold it for ten seconds to get everyone involved a huge slab of loyalty, credits and/or iridium.

But instead?

"Hey, remember how fun it is to grind loyalty?"

"No."

"Sure you do! And Iridium! Don't you love grinding for iridium?"

"No!"

"Well you're bound to love grinding for crafting parts! Oh, and don't forget that the rarest crafting parts are only obtained through dull, repetitive missions that you can only do once per day!"

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

He speaks the truth!

At least we can play and enjoy invasion by grinding materials in PvP. Working as intended.

I am flying to Jericho sector. Wheeeeeee. I am doing my daily monocrystal mission. Wheeeeeee. I am flying to Empire sector. Wheeeeeeeee. I am doing my daily monocrystal mission. Wheeeeee. I am flying to Federation sector. Wheeeeeee. I am doing my daily monocrystal mission. Wheee.

Oh, I need crafting materials...

I am flying to a mineral rich sector. I am now orbiting the same asteroid for 20 minutes, picking up mineral fragments. I am now flying to the cargo drone, and dumping off my load. I am back to orbiting the same asteroid for 20 more minutes. I am now flying to the cargo drone. I am now being attacked by the only other player in this sector. I am now dead, watching all my ore float off into space. I return to station and do some math. I will have to do this run at least 120 more times to have enough materials to craft those ship parts.

I give up and start playing PvP.

• 1 month later...

We should be able to loot in pvp everything that we can in invasion, with some random green and purple kits.

After all, PvP loot system looks like the Invasion loot system.

And it would be funy to loot the 1M credit item in pvp :005j:

Yasssss! Let's just remove grey loot all together! It's fricking pointless as long as invasion exists! I'd love to see parts and pieces in PvP!