Ability to purchase crafting materials (Concept + Mockup)

I've realized that in order to craft anything half decent people are going to need to fly around in invasion mode looting hundreds upon hundreds of crafting materials.

What if there was an alternative method?

post-242506-0-29070700-1409977324_thumb.

http://imgur.com/oR1lwGw (if picture is broken)

Instead of completely relying on your ability to not get immediately blown up by hunters, Why not have crafting materials (Excluding Alien Monocrystals) available for purchase through the workshop? (Shown in mockup but prices are just placeholder thingies~). It'll bring grinding for credits back to players that have already bought every ship, and add some variety to the games economy!

What do you guys think? Good idea or bad?

It'll bring grinding for credits back (...)

If those materials ever make their way to the workshop, I believe they'll be sold exclusively in premium currency. If I'm not mistaken, you can already buy container items which drop some of these materials needed for crafting.

Just what I'm planning on doing when I log on tomorrow (go get a T1 ship out, buy collision compensator, upgrade salvage and repeat) just to get a decent amount of metal blanks, as I've been using them for Iridium shells on my shrapnel cannon and I've started to run low finally.

Just take everything from invasion and put it into the PvP / PvE loot table. Monocrystals included.

That way, Monocrystals can be acquired from rare drops the same way as Mk IV upgrade kits, loyalty vouchers or iridium. Ores, processed metals and finished parts can also be put into the loot tables. You can even get rid of Mk II upgrade kits altogether and just put some of the higher value Invasion loot. After all, would you rather get a T5 Upgrade kit for a weapon you don't own, or 245,000 credits in a lump sum?

• 4 weeks later...