PVE Mod?!

I fail to see how this actually will make people vary their pve choices, people who dislike anything not Blackwood or HMS will just use the custom lobby to bypass the rotation anyway. Some people are happier to queue solo, being in a squad or lobby has its drawbacks, one might get called to a real life emergency and what not and if you're like me I like to not have to rush to set my ships up. So for those that can't be bothered to work the custom lobby, they're effectively stuck with 3 missions a day up to the system's discretion. Bad enough how the MM for pvp makes us nearly always do the boring beacon stuff and far less often Detonation and Team Battle, which I prefer to anything beacon and now this inconvenience what the hell….

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, the last few weeks devs have started bringing our loved PVE maps into Invasion mod. And this patch made me rly mad.   Today they disabled PVE as it was before and added 3 just 3 pve mods which

Old PvE needs to return.   I get that there was an "issue" with higher tier ships being brought to lower tier games, but that can be fixed without xxxx over the entire mode!

Yeah they ABUSE as they call it Helped corps to show the game to low rank / new player. Soo some people we unhappy about having high ranks but got the mission completed ?   Oh sry then Why not jus

It'll vary PvE because either you play a "random" mission or you don't play PvE at all.  I can't even figure out if I can finally get T5 loot from PvE with a "reasonable" wait time since I can't get a win when I try solo.

This is under discussion at the moment at the Devs.

As stated in the patch notes there have been good reasons for this change but we see the impact.

I cant confirm if and when they change it but I push them more or less daily on this.

• Upvote 1

It is faster, easier and less prone to exploiting than the previous one. And also, now all maps are played, instead of just nonstop grinding blackwood.

(ducks into cover)

These are about the good points of the current PvE system that I recognize.

Problem is, T4/T5 versions of Processing Rig, Crimson Haze, and the infamous Pirate Base aren't missions that are easily finished with pugs around you. I don't speak for anyone else, but having those maps on rotation at those tiers alone makes me beg for the old system back.

Captured Dreadnought is my favorite grind.

These are about the good points of the current PvE system that I recognize.

Problem is, T4/T5 versions of Processing Rig, Crimson Haze, and the infamous Pirate Base aren't missions that are easily finished with pugs around you. I don't speak for anyone else, but having those maps on rotation at those tiers alone makes me beg for the old system back.

Captured Dreadnought is my favorite grind.

T4 Pirate Base is so messed up it's not even funny.

Round 1 is pretty easy. It can go horribly wrong, but as long as you've got a good healer and your team aren't completely stupid you should be fine.

Round 2 is where the problems start, because you've got to have cleared the initial turrets in Round 1, and you need to have two teams - a guard team and an anti-turret team - to get the convoy through. This can happen, but it's easy for a sloppy team to ruin it all.

Round 3 is insane. The boss can one-shot my Osprey! I know it's not the best-fitted ship in the game, but the fact is that boss is an order of magnitude stronger than any other T4 boss, and the result is that if your team isn't ready for him you have lost. There is no chance to resurrect dead players, so the difficulty curve goes vertical.

Processing Rig sort of suffers the same issue, though not quite to the same extent.

My general consensus is that PvE isn't being properly balanced. It is clearly made on the assumption that the people playing are a high-tier, high-synergy, blue or better frigball. I tried using my sub-optimal Gunship in Processing Rig and got annihilated, but in the old system I just tiered down to T2 and I could handle myself just fine so long as I didn't do something monumentally stupid like try to ram missiles.

• Upvote 1

Round 1 is pretty easy. It can go horribly wrong, but as long as you've got a good healer and your team aren't completely stupid you should be fine.

Round 2 is where the problems start, because you've got to have cleared the initial turrets in Round 1, and you need to have two teams - a guard team and an anti-turret team - to get the convoy through. This can happen, but it's easy for a sloppy team to ruin it all.

Round 3 is insane. The boss can one-shot my Osprey! I know it's not the best-fitted ship in the game, but the fact is that boss is an order of magnitude stronger than any other T4 boss, and the result is that if your team isn't ready for him you have lost. There is no chance to resurrect dead players, so the difficulty curve goes vertical.

Processing Rig sort of suffers the same issue, though not quite to the same extent.

My general consensus is that PvE isn't being properly balanced. It is clearly made on the assumption that the people playing are a high-tier, high-synergy, blue or better frigball. I tried using my sub-optimal Gunship in Processing Rig and got annihilated, but in the old system I just tiered down to T2 and I could handle myself just fine so long as I didn't do something monumentally stupid like try to ram missiles.

I don't find a problem that tier 4 and tier 5 PvE are hard. It is supposed to be top tier content. Blackwood has been continuously buffed because people in squads could finish it in less than 5 minutes, which was ridiculous.

And again we come to this stumbling block of totally ignoring and/or screwing over everyone who isn't already at the top of T5. Sooner or later the Devs need to accept that the rest of T4 needs content aimed at them as well.

• Upvote 1

the main reason i was grinding blackwood was simply because the cash/min was greater than in t4-5 simply increase the reward for t4-5 and it will fix the issue don't you think?

No, because PvE is made so you have better cash per min income, but PvP is for synergy. If you increase the reward for PvP, then nobody will play PvE.

Like it is now everyone have economical reason to play both modes.

I like the new PvE. It is faster, easier and less prone to exploiting than the previous one. And also, now all maps are played, instead of just nonstop grinding blackwood.

(ducks into cover)

You're very wrong here, people that only want to grind one map will just set up customs & feel even less inclined to play all maps under this dumb system. For those that can't be bothered to go through customs they are stuck with 1 choice a day, rather than 6 so don't be fooled, we have less choices not more! Well that's the mark of a great sale, fool the sucker into thinking they are getting a sweet deal when intact they are getting less (The big clue was fact the PVE tab is gone?)   

РvР is better. Grabs popcorn

As usual you always fail to make a valid contribution, why comment at all here if you don't care for pve you tragic goon!

PvE has been made harder many times over the last year, especially after they introduced reviving. We always adapted though for sure the latest change where they made it t4-5 rather than 3-5 for sure has taken some getting used to, t4 ssr and last round of rig in particular are pretty challenging, many trivialise pve as being easy and mindless but I really doubt these guys play pve much at higher levels and with random players, certainly you will have a bit of trouble if you don't know the mission at all and of course if your ship's a little soft. My belief is the devs actually want pve to give players problems so we don't get rich easily and even more so that players will do the p2w thing and use duplicators or as they were intended to be called Engineer matrices, when those things came to life after the invasion's beta started could it be a coincidence they also yet again made pve considerably harder?

My 2 cents about the pirate baron and higher pve in general… I have a few times survived the singularities from it, of course it just hits me with another anyway  :005j: . Reviving isn't too hard if you are not a frigate, one pug pirates I saved the whole team, being an ecm is handy for revives as you all may know (I didn't get 1 vote btw grrr despite saving the mission), however when it came to my Atlas, was doomed, empire frigates are the slowest ships so was a stretch to get the team revived… Well the problem with higher pve as I may have said was the reward may seem unattractive, even some of the better pvers spend most of their game time doing t2-3 pve as time wise it may be better or isn't much worse seeing that t4-5 pves aren't guaranteed wins vs t2-3 anyway… (I personally won't run a mission using a ship above the rank requirements)

Forgetting credits synergy wise t4-5 definitely is worse, I even found t1 kills give MORE than t4-5 and not forgetting t1 npcs are 1 shot, even the objectives have puny hp…. Forgetting this SNAFU map system that's listed under Invasion of all places they need to rework the rewards so t4-5 pve isn't an awful wait (Same goes for t4-5 pvp) Surely the aim of the game is to get to t4-5 yet we're seeing majority of veteran players going t2-3 pve and pvp, I'd say increase rewards for t4-5. If t4-5 pve takes 2-3 times as long as a t2-3 then the reward shouldn't be double, at least 4 times bearing in mind queues are longer as well. I don't think it will impact pvp too badly as there are many who don't ever pve anyway, some even  think pvp pays more credits, they never got good at pve then. Over time pve is a good investment when you can beat them quickly enough with few casualties or none, losing pve sure hurts though especially those bad 1st round games, 0 pay… 

And again we come to this stumbling block of totally ignoring and/or screwing over everyone who isn't already at the top of T5. Sooner or later the Devs need to accept that the rest of T4 needs content aimed at them as well.

Funny fact is it's T4 that has the most ships! The neglected tier as well…. Sigh… Also find it odd all the recent premium ships are Jericho, doubt devs have thought about making the game balanced at all. If they have they've made a real balls of it, of course they hide behind the beta tag every time 

This is under discussion at the moment at the Devs.

As stated in the patch notes there have been good reasons for this change but we see the impact.

I cant confirm if and when they change it but I push them more or less daily on this.

Thank you, personally pvp needs a change too, being given random match types and maps always (though a 90% chance it will be beacon related) can be very boring and not very useful for the player with how they load their ships and what ships to bring, at least pve we know what to bring… Oh for sure if I could I'd never go to Abandoned Complex, I hate not being able to fly straight and losing half my hull to scraping the walls, well done with that map devs (!)

The new PVE system is horrible to say the least but now we cannot even reconstruct allies in mission so now PVE is completely broken. and I am not spending one more dime on the game til this is all fixed.

PVE in high tiers wa hard enough with a ship that wasnt maxed out or at least mostly blue. trying to level or equip a new t4-5 ship is now near impossible (without spending a ton of cash). 

The only 2 things that this helped (for now) were queue times and it forced other players to learn the higher tier maps like "fort muerto" and "Ice Belt"

Granted there are shorter Q times but there are also alot less people playing PVE. We ran a 3 person squad on T4-5 and got the same 3 players as our extra for 9 straight runs... so for Q's over about an 1.5 hours there were 3 people waiting for T4-5 missions? that is rediculous. Though that would explain the 25 minute wait times I would routinely get for the previous PVE build.

The better way to do this would be to leave the previous build the way it was and show in the waiting screen or on the mission map how many players were Q'd for that particular map instead of total numbers accross the entire game. That way if you just wanted a quick Q time you could join the Q with the most players.

The aliens coming into sector space and killing everything in sight is pretty annoying to say the least. if they werent so hard to kill and didnt insta-gibb 98% of the PVE players it might be different. for now when the aliens come its 2 choices, run or die.

I don't play pvp much at all so I connot comment there but adding biomorphs to PVP was a dumb idea if its permanent. Doing it for a weekend or some event, yeah sure as it keeps the place a little more random.

I'm O.K. with the rank restrictions, I really am. I'm also O.K. with the limited alternating missions since at least it forces me to try the scenarios I have never tried before due to long queues... but then you also remove the free rez? This effectively kills the effectiveness/use of all other ship classes other than frigates and leaves no room for experimentation since you are basically a burden on your own team while you "learn" by failing many many many times in a row. 

Yes, I'm posting this whine in this thread too.

1.) Bring back the free rez from ships flying near a downed teammate... this is THE most game-killing missing feature for me at this point.

2.) OPTIONAL: allow ships of a few ranks higher to go down to lower games, i.e.: Up to Rank 5 ships in Rank 1-3 games, Up to Rank 8 in Rank 4-6 games, etc.

If implementing the #2, just make the rewards always reflect the Tier of the match you are in so that there is incentive for higher-tier players to play at their own tiers.

just make the rewards always reflect the Tier of the match you are in so that there is incentive for higher-tier players to play at their own tiers.

its always been like this people like i did to ran balckwwod T3 in T5 because 350K/5min is way better than 700K/15min

but now it seems they fixed the reward for T5 since now with the recently added mammoth i get up to 1.3M per mission that usually take about 15 min

so i am less pissed off now

My last PvE was 975k, for Processing Rig.  They really upped the difficulty from T2, but we were T5.  I have to say it was somewhat a challenge, partially because it used to be T2 PvE and everyone was T5!  I don't like the lock out feature.  Limit me to the highest rank, and let the player choose!  The old system had abuse potential.  The changes aren't an abuse fix.  It's a bypass.  The old abuse issues could have been solved if they weren't ignored.

The biggest old abuse was that if you took T5 ships to T1 PvE you'd get T5 synergy levels.  Think about how mind numbingly easy grinding interceptors could be.  It was so mind numbing I couldn't do more than figure out that I could do it!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

The new PvE system is perfectly fine. I actually find it better than the old system. The new system allows for much faster queue times. And if you really feel like doing a specific mission that isn't available in the current 2 hour window, either wait 2 more hours (at the most) to see what the next missions will be, or create a custom PvE battle with 3 other people. Custom PvE battles will still give rewards, unless you modify them in certain ways. The player can still choose their missions, but the system was changed to speed up queue times for PvE. In a way, the change was a blessing to credit farmers, as they now have to wait no more than 2 minutes to find a game (on average).

The new PvE system is perfectly fine. I actually find it better than the old system. The new system allows for much faster queue times. And if you really feel like doing a specific mission that isn't available in the current 2 hour window, either wait 2 more hours (at the most) to see what the next missions will be, or create a custom PvE battle with 3 other people. Custom PvE battles will still give rewards, unless you modify them in certain ways. The player can still choose their missions, but the system was changed to speed up queue times for PvE. In a way, the change was a blessing to credit farmers, as they now have to wait no more than 2 minutes to find a game (on average).

The new system is better but waaaay to difficult to succeed. Bots are to strong.

The new system is better but waaaay to difficult to succeed. Bots are to strong.

Well, it is more like the previous mode was too easy. Now you really need to co op with your team mates to succeed. And you have to bring the right ships.

Maybe my mindset is used to that from WoW raids, but you won't bring herp derp character to a high level dungeon. You need one healer, one tank, and DPS. Same here. One engi, one guard and two LRF/gunships is what you need. Stay close, cover your mates and focus on objectives.

Also, duplicators can be manufactured, and you will get 5 every 5 days you log in, so using one here and there is ok.

I'm confident that your mindset is not shared by the community. I see a lot of white / green ships in PvE, especially the T4 ships, and I did the same before the difficulty spike forced me to run purple heal T-Rex every game.

People use PvE to level ships that are too weak for PvP.

People use PvE to level ships that are too weak for PvP.

Yeah, and they were wrong.

Now ships are too weak for PvE so they have to level them in PvP, where they should be doing it from the very beginning.

I agree that white rank 10 vs purple rank 15 is a disadvantage, but I expect they will separate T4 and T5 soon after the new influx of players reach tier 4 and tier 5.

And anyway, there is a reason you receive tier 4 mk2 upgrade kits in tier 3, to ease your step into tier 4.

The upgrade kits are random, and an increasing number of players don't want to waste credits on 'useless' T4 content because of the mixing of tiers.

People don't want weak ships in PvP. Forcing that on them will only drive them down or drive them away.