Here is how it is handled in HoN (DotA like game)

DotA 2 has the low priority Q too. But that only works when enough people play, which is never true for SCon.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear mr. Mustacho,   Please cut the crap. First of all: I am not in NASA anymore, and nobody really cares except you what your "ex-officer" has to say about things that do not concern neither you, you

Give it up, Neo. You already have tried to justify them leaving twice, and that's really disappointing to read from a former NASA officer. The mantra as far back I can remember in NASA is "NASA always

This thread succesfully proved itself to be one of the most entertaining ones in the last few months, and thus deserves a +1 and an official Seal of approval by The Royal SCon WolfPack Forum Guardians

Posted Images

DotA 2 has the low priority Q too. But that only works when enough people play, which is never true for SCon.

it is not DotA 2 it is DOTA2, while 1st one is DotA :)

it is not DotA 2 it is DOTA2, while 1st one is DotA :)

Isn't it Defense of the Ancients 2? so DotA 2?

Isn't it Defense of the Ancients 2? so DotA 2?

nope, it is just DOTA 2 or Dota 2 as a single word+number and not acronym any more.

nope, it is just DOTA 2 or Dota 2 as a single word+number and not acronym any more.

Why? :(

Now this stuff really went off topic  :good:

Honestly it doesn't matter anymore, there's no much to discuss, I'll close the thread if the owner says so.

us-lawyers-thumb.jpg

Blizzard copyrights? I still can't deal with "windranger"

If anyone's wondering if the current rules are enough, enforcement aside.  After an ESB squad self destructed after their captain died in combat recon in order to protect their DSR, I reported that squad.  I knowingly reported a GM.  Understanding politics, I posted it on the ESB thread.  It was an xxxxxxx move honestly, but guess what, soon after the devs decided to make it so self destruct no longer helps your DSR.

I've disconnected due life circumstances, and may in the future.  I have a five year old son and a baby on the way.  If at all possible I rejoin battle.  Isolated instances never indicate a pattern.  Squads doubtfully live in the same house and must all disconnect due to the same circumstances.  If a whole squad disconnects, it's hard to give the benefit of the doubt.

The rules do need clarified.  But most paying gamers are adults with lives to attend to.  They work as is.  I would agree with a MM tweak to give chronic disconnecters a series of bad teams.  It seems like a simple "harmless" punishment.

Also, we need something in the rules or game code about captain disconnects.  I'm not sure it's clearly covered.

Congrats on the kid man, and, as for my take on the issue, if you leave a match it is only acceptable for personal reasons: like internet failure or someone needs your help downstairs.

How about we make it so people know they "Disconnected" as if they actually lost connection or pressed ALT + F4. And then say "Abondoned" if they actually left the battle back to the hangar. 

This way we can differentiate between those that said "Oh crap its NOVA!" Or "Oh crap its JP!" and leave battle between genuine people that lost connection or left. 

That wont happen

:facepalm:  not the point.......but yeah,,,,,, :yes_yes: .....

:facepalm:  not the point.......but yeah,,,,,, :yes_yes: .....

Just wanted to make fool of you don't mind me  :taunt:

How about we make it so people know they "Disconnected" as if they actually lost connection or pressed ALT + F4. And then say "Abondoned" if they actually left the battle back to the hangar. 

This way we can differentiate between those that said "Oh crap its NOVA!" Or "Oh crap its JP!" and leave battle between genuine people that lost connection or left. 

I would definitely run in the sight of JP in a sweet-roll-propulsion inducted Guard (top secret project designed by NASA tactical sweet roll delivery science team)!

ne6h.jpg

Hold on to your seats!

• Upvote 2

Well, I successfully diffused the situation and hate, My work here is done, You can thank me in game. 

Since when did we have a secret NASA science team, isn't that supposed to be a secret in it of itself!? Dammit Neo! 

Well, I successfully diffused the situation and hate, My work here is done, You can thank me in game. 

In fact Funky did it like 3 pages ago  :yes_yes:

In fact Funky did it like 3 pages ago  :yes_yes:

Funky used "Authority", I used "Humorous respect" and there is a difference.  :learn:

Funky used "Authority", I used "Humorous respect" and there is a difference.  :learn:

Authority more effective?  :bomber:

This thread succesfully proved itself to be one of the most entertaining ones in the last few months, and thus deserves a +1 and an official Seal of approval by The Royal SCon WolfPack Forum Guardians Team of Players and GMs with NeoCodex's Blessing of Virtue. (also known as TRSCWFGTPGMWNBV). 

+1 

am8g.jpg

• Upvote 3

ah those are the seals you are clubbing then