NO RETREAT

NO SURRENDER

Simple rules for simple people.

Also, a bit off- a bit ontopic: in a recon, everyone dead from the team but me, enemy is full, 7k away, am i allowed to suicide? I already got hit so i won't save SR by it, i just spare some time from the match. Or is that against the rules?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear mr. Mustacho,   Please cut the crap. First of all: I am not in NASA anymore, and nobody really cares except you what your "ex-officer" has to say about things that do not concern neither you, you

Give it up, Neo. You already have tried to justify them leaving twice, and that's really disappointing to read from a former NASA officer. The mantra as far back I can remember in NASA is "NASA always

This thread succesfully proved itself to be one of the most entertaining ones in the last few months, and thus deserves a +1 and an official Seal of approval by The Royal SCon WolfPack Forum Guardians

Posted Images

NO RETREAT

NO SURRENDER

Simple rules for simple people.

Also, a bit off- a bit ontopic: in a recon, everyone dead from the team but me, enemy is full, 7k away, am i allowed to suicide? I already got hit so i won't save SR by it, i just spare some time from the match. Or is that against the rules?

Personally, i would still try to lure 1-2 enemies and take them down even if they can respawn, just for the sake of it. But, in this particular case, i don't see wrong with self destruct.

Sure, it would have been tough, but maybe they would learn to work with the pugs a bit if they stayed and attempted to communicate.

Working with PUGs is key to success in this game.  If you can't do it, you can't master PvP.  You either rely on squads as a crutch or you become better and more strategic.  It's the third skillset in this game, beyond keyboard ship control and mouse aiming.

Except i do visit ru forums and for my love for starting local shitstorms i did went to dno thread, luckily we had their higherups online but no moderators so we had couple of pages of fun untill it all got cleansed with fire. Here is a short recap that goes from multiple DNO members that are not in the screenshot(except Valkir, he didnt say anything on topic), one of them was kaneto(known for his "awesome" sprtsmanship)

"we dont give a smoked baloney what others think of our behavior, we are going to do what we want, stuff like this is absolutely normal and accepted within broader layer of DNO pilots"

Where they told their actions are bannable offenses?

Tssssss.

When was the last time France genuinely won a war?  Having a highly "respectable" military yet not being feared says something.

The last time I disconnected from battle without real life circumstances was a capture the beacons where I lost all four ships.  I said xxxx it, I derped enough, I'm going to reddit for the night.  I've also had capture the beacon matches where my team was gone and I was on my first ship.  Figure out a successful strategy, don't abandon mastery.

Working with PUGs is key to success in this game.  If you can't do it, you can't master PvP.  You either rely on squads as a crutch or you become better and more strategic.  It's the third skillset in this game, beyond keyboard ship control and mouse aiming.

Where they told their actions are bannable offenses?

When was the last time France genuinely won a war?  Having a highly "respectable" military yet not being feared says something.

The last time I disconnected from battle without real life circumstances was a capture the beacons where I lost all four ships.  I said xxxx it, I derped enough, I'm going to reddit for the night.  I've also had capture the beacon matches where my team was gone and I was on my first ship.  Figure out a successful strategy, don't abandon mastery.

Your matches were PvP's the one posted and what we are talking about here mainly is Sector Conquest. Quitting in PvP instead of SecCon doesn't make it more excusable but Sector Conquest is supposed to be the end game and between Corporations.

Leaving a battle where you already lost all your ships doesn't make any difference to your team.

Personally, i would still try to lure 1-2 enemies and take them down even if they can respawn, just for the sake of it. But, in this particular case, i don't see wrong with self destruct.

try to kamikaze someone :)

Your matches were PvP's the one posted and what we are talking about here mainly is Sector Conquest. Quitting in PvP instead of SecCon doesn't make it more excusable but Sector Conquest is supposed to be the end game and between Corporations.

Leaving a battle where you already lost all your ships doesn't make any difference to your team.

Sector Conquest is PvP limited to corp members with R11+ ships and expecting capture the beacons.  It's still PvP unless you're in a wing.  Then it's still PvP but with "friends" against "friends" in possibly imbalanced teams.

As for quitting after losing four ships, I was stating my resistance to outright surrender.

Hey those are reasons

Didn't you read Mustacho's post about retreat? your three points are just excuses, if you ask me.

Surrender? What is this? Leage of Legends?

Are we all french now or what? (jk)

French? I was talking about being solo. I would never back down while in a squad. 

JP, into shame corner, now. There no valid excuse to leave a game except when real life thing calls, period. Even if its a 1v12 esb, you disconnect i cut your balls

I see. So you feel strongly about this. I understand, see above replied comment. 

Hey those are reasons

French? I was talking about being solo. I would never back down while in a squad.

I see. So you feel strongly about this. I understand, see above replied comment.

Playing solo is no excuse! And its against the game rules, and as a GM you CANT excuse disconnecting!

Very bad JP no Sweet Rolls for you for 1 month.

Playing solo is no excuse! And its against the game rules, and as a GM you CANT excuse disconnecting!

Dibs on the excess he cant eat!
  • Upvote 1

Wow i love the game and i understand the reaction, but you take things way to seriously. We live in a democracy, pay for the game, you can't blame people for not wanting a certain fight. This ain't war, we don't fight for our land or freedom or anything, and this ain't a "Fight or i'll shoot you myself com'rads!" situation (friendly fire not enabled in randoms, in SQ you're usually on the opposite team so yeah, actually not possible :) ).

You can make rules to cover this for yourself, and for your corp; but not for every corp and or player out there.

But you really went crazy there at the end. 

Really. I mean, no SweetRolls for 1 whole month?...God save us all!

P.S. I think i left a game once, it happened. I normally don't because you don't gain any creds/synergy if you do, and you have to wait for the ships to come back etc...it's not constructive. But game rules or no rules, if i'd get banned for leaving a couple of fights...then good riddance sweet game. Star Conflict would just lose customers for no good reason. Instead feel free to implement a harsher penalty if you wish, for leaving fights. 

P.P.S Or remove the "Leave battle" button, wth, is a player supposed to be banned for using one of the game's features?

Wow i love the game and i understand the reaction, but you take things way to seriously. We live in a democracy, pay for the game, you can't blame people for not wanting a certain fight. This ain't war, we don't fight for our land or freedom or anything, and this ain't a "Fight or i'll shoot you myself com'rads!" situation (friendly fire not enabled in randoms, in SQ you're usually on the opposite team so yeah, actually not possible :) ).

You can make rules to cover this for yourself, and for your corp; but not for every corp and or player out there.

Read this: 

IV. Player behaviour in combat 

6. During the game it is forbidden to: 

a) use any software and / or hardware automation that allows for gameplay without the

intervention of the player. Shall be punished by a permanent lock of your account.

b) use any software and / or hardware automation to significantly simplify the gameplay. Shall

be punished by blocking the account for 24 hours.

c) use any software and / or hardware automation, allowing you to assign a single key for more

than one command. In this case, two of the same commands that follow one after the other, are considered different commands. Shall be punished by blocking the account for 24 hours.

c) use vulnerabilities and / or errors of game mechanics to obtain undue advantages. Shall be

punished by blocking the account for 24 hours.

d) intentionally inflict damage to members of your own team. Shall be punished by blocking the account for 24 hours.

d) refuse to deal damage to the enemy. Shall be punished by blocking the account for 24 hours.

e) give away locations of allied ships to the enemy. Shall be punished by blocking the account for 24

hours.

f) avoid combat without leaving the battlefield. Shall be punished by blocking the account for 24

hours. (Note frome me: even if you don't leave and you just sit afk, it's still breaking the game rules)

h) refuse to fight against the members of the corporation. Shall be punished by blocking the

account for 24 hours.

i) aid the opposing team. Shall be punished by blocking the account for 24 hours.

I don't made the rules, the creatos of this game did

P.S. I think i left a game once, it happened. I normally don't because you don't gain any creds/synergy if you do, and you have to wait for the ships to come back etc...it's not constructive. But game rules or no rules, if i'd get banned for leaving a couple of fights...then good riddance sweet game. Star Conflict would just lose customers for no good reason. Instead feel free to implement a harsher penalty if you wish, for leaving fights. 

Most of the games I know have a penalty for leaving games, Leage of Legends as far as I know ban you X hours/days from playing, DotA puts you in low preference queue whith other quitters and (sorry for the word) garbage players, and you will only find awful games.

I've played team games where leaving didn't cost anything to the leavers, and that games were awful, they lost customers because of that.

Just DONT play a team game if you don't want to play as a team and you will just quit when you are losing.

P.P.S Or remove the "Leave battle" button, wth, is a player supposed to be banned for using one of the game's features?

Everything related with no fighting is firbidden, it's a game rule, made by the game developers. This is not a democracy where we can do simply what we want, there are cases like real life issues that justify leaving a game or dropping because your internet connection, but nothing else.

____

In top of all that, I was talking with a Game Master, who is supposed to follow the game rules and encourage people to follow them, not to break them  :salute:

Edited by residente

Read this: 

IV. Player behaviour in combat 

d) refuse to deal damage to the enemy. Shall be punished by blocking the account for 24 hours.

e) give away locations of allied ships to the enemy. Shall be punished by blocking the account for 24

hours.

f) avoid combat without leaving the battlefield. Shall be punished by blocking the account for 24

hours.

h) refuse to fight against the members of the corporation. Shall be punished by blocking the

account for 24 hours.

i) aid the opposing team. Shall be punished by blocking the account for 24 hours.

I don't made the rules, the creatos of this game did

Ha i think i got you there mister. I ain't no lawyer but this is quite easy. Let's do this:

It clearly says "during the game, refuse to deal damage". That means they don't want you to stay in game, and do no damage for some reason. That would promote AFK botting, because with no damage done, at the end of the game, you still get creds. That would obviously be an exploit if allowed.

account for 24 hours.

This stuff would obviously create weird things/trolling in the matches, if WPK would not fight WPK from the opposite team for example, or some other kind of in between teams help.

hours.

This is the cornerstone of everything. Read carefully. "Avoid combat WITHOUT LEAVING the battlefield". Let me clarify. It means running around, not doing damage, not getting killed, not getting involved for some reason. 

No where, absolutely no where Mr. GM, does it say you are "You are not allowed to leave the battlefield". It is not encouraged of course, but it is NOT a bannable offence, not in the game rules, unless there's something else that i didn't see. 

Thank you for helping us understand the rules  :yes_yes:

P.S. At least i hope you agree you are being too harsh with JP, no sweetrolls is just cruel. 

• Upvote 1

I must agree that this is true. The rules are clearly against griefing only, I see no rule against disconnecting. You allready get a punishment for disconnect: no rewards and ships are not allowed to enter another battle.

In MWO, for example, you can disconnect at any time. And you still keep the gained xp/credits. And disconnecting after dying (games are all realistic only), you will always get full rewards after the game is finished. There are no punishments, and even friendly fire is not punishable. You just get negative credit gain...

hours.

This is the cornerstone of everything. Read carefully. "Avoid combat WITHOUT LEAVING the battlefield". Let me clarify. It means running around, not doing damage, not getting killed, not getting involved for some reason. 

never really payed so much attention to this rule, but i guess, this is indeed lawyered: avoiding combat by leaving the battlefield would indeed not be covered by this rule. interesting.

change the rules! don't let the seals escape! ^^

You guys failed to read the tiny fine print. 

I never disconnected on purpose before nor do I plan to. Why would I give up sweet roll privileges for breaking the rules my self? Am not THAT crazy. 

I put a "note" right after you quoted me about the "without leaving the battlefield" stuff, read it please.

It clearly says "during the game, refuse to deal damage". That means they don't want you to stay in game, and do no damage for some reason. That would promote AFK botting, because with no damage done, at the end of the game, you still get creds. That would obviously be an exploit if allowed.

Even if it's says during the game, disconnecting means your ship will be afk and then wont respawn again, while you will be waiting in the hangar. That's equal to not dealing damage to the enemy, avoiding combat fight etc.

Anyway since this is causing so much confusion I will ask  for the game rules to be updated and/or changed according to this, since people has been always told to report players who leave games. 

If it's not against game rules then we should stop telling players who complain about them to report them, and if it's indeed against game rules we should proplery put it on the game rules. 

P.S. At least i hope you agree you are being too harsh with JP, no sweetrolls is just cruel. 

No, I'm not being too harsh with JP, he is getting fat and losing comabt skills due to the sweet rolls, I need to help him.

No where, absolutely no where Mr. GM

And you can call me residente, it sounds more close. 

never really payed so much attention to this rule, but i guess, this is indeed lawyered: avoiding combat by leaving the battlefield would indeed not be covered by this rule. interesting.

change the rules! don't let the seals escape! ^^

Actually, i think it's made exactly as such with the purpose of being perfectly clear. They could have easily left it as:

f) avoid combat  without leaving the battlefield. Shall be punished by blocking the account for 24

hours.

As for the note; to be honest, i have no idea what happens with your ship when you disconnect. I think it dissapears, doesn't stay afk in game, 'cause i never saw the disconnected players on the battlefield, even in the spawn location. 

No, I'm not being too harsh with JP, he is getting fat and losing comabt skills due to the sweet rolls, I need to help him.

It's like taking the fuel from the man's afterburners, to get his dodging skills up. Maybe you should blindfold him as well! 

It's like taking the fuel from the man's afterburners, to get his dodging skills up. Maybe you should blindfold him as well! 

If he gets too fat the ship wont be able to carry him, think about that

Actually, hes completely right. Going off sweet rolls for a month would benefit me. I have 20lbs to lose. But I warn you all, the JP with sweet rolls is NOT the same as the one with out. For the lack of sweet rolls would make me a mean, boring, and very cynical person. One friend compared me to a Vulcan...."I cannot interfere with your affairs as the prime directive states that lesser species shall not be tampered with."

Actually, i think it's made exactly as such with the purpose of being perfectly clear. They could have easily left it as:

f) avoid combat  without leaving the battlefield. Shall be punished by blocking the account for 24

hours.

I think we need to have a discussion on this rule as residente said. Since I feel this effects everyone and how so many people feel so strongly about this. 

One suggestion would be f) Avoiding combat via disconnecting/refusing to deal damage to an enemy/or excessive avoidance of combat during a match. Shall be punished by blocking the account for up to 24 hours.

It hurts! 

It must be that hot Spanish blood we have. ¡¡Muy macho!!

You just need to read Spanish history to know that even knowing we would lose and die we fight :P

hours.

As for the note; to be honest, i have no idea what happens with your ship when you disconnect. I think it dissapears, doesn't stay afk in game, 'cause i never saw the disconnected players on the battlefield, even in the spawn location. 

I meant you lawyered it, not they :) Was a phrase from a sitcom (have you met Ted?)

if you already spawned with a ship, it stays on the battlefield, however you do not spawn/respawn while disconnected. So, if it is a network error prior to the start of the match, your ship won't even spawn once as far as i have witnessed it.

---

I do think, this is a very thin line anyway: disconnects happen for various reasons, and I think rules have to be pretty clear there, so we won't start accusing each other non stop over nothing. Nothing is more frustrating, than having a client loss, relogging and getting bombarded by hatemessages about reporting you; And this does happen.

Usually nobody would care that much if a still unknown corp, or a mixed group of people would disconnect. But in a case, where the corp already represents something, it falls back to the corp itself.

I'd rather see more integrity and less rules. But I'm a dreamer.

One suggestion would be f) Avoiding combat via disconnecting/refusing to deal damage to an enemy/or excessive avoidance of combat during a match. Shall be punished by blocking the account for up to 24 hours.

This is what i'm saying, this might be a bit too oppressive. You are already punished by paying repair bills, and gaining nothing, + waiting for ships to release. I'm not against even more punishment, like -100k creds or whatever (i don't think it's necessary tho, not so many leavers generally speaking), but bannishment for leaving a match...no. People play this game for fun, and even if they don't normally leave a match, they would feel at gunpoint all the time if you start making rules like these. The player base does mostly live in a democracy, accepts democratic rules (like bans for potty mouth or for intentional trolling), but by feeling threatened for things that think they shouldn't be threatened by, it would impact their attitude towards the game, not in a good way.  Would be counterproductive. 

We're also derailing from this thread. You were making fun of DNO leaving from a SQ once. Nobody actually complained about the game being broken by people constantly leaving PvP. We're pretty good in that area.  ;)wt

Here is how it is handled in HoN (DotA like game)

They track stats, in a similar way we track in Star Conflict but in more details, and one of the stats is disconnect counter, it doesn't care if its a valid disconnect for network problems, if its a rage quit or real life problems, it just counts all of them, and as soon as you exceed (i can't remember exact number) 3-4% to your total games you are not allowed to join ranked games (our Skirmish PvP) queue. So you have to play "regulated custom" games (similar to what we use to have with regulated settings) until your total games increases to drop that leave percentage to acceptable level. It isn't a perfect system, but no system is perfect, and it regulated those players that keep rage quiting for w/e reasons at bay, because they do ruin games for everyone else, and every match is ~20-25 minutes on average, and still leaving a room for "valid" or "unavoidable" disconnects. Unfortunately we do not have mechanics or playerbase to cover that "regulated custom" games portion for system like this to work at this moment