T3 PVE looting T4 gear ?

Hello !

I recently entered T3, buying 3 rank 7 ships...

As their modules are expensive, I wanted to try the PVE, hoping to get high amount of credits to put into upgrades...

As I expected, T3 is far harder than T2 was, but I got a team of Highly geared players, so I didn't had much trouble.

My issue is that when I looted purple items, I got T4 and not T3 gear, which seems to be somehow illogical...

Is that a normal behaviour, or we just can't loot any T3 gear in T3 PVE maps ?

Well, thanks for your answers guys !

I find this a bit stupid that only 1 map has T3 inside, but....

There's pretty much one PvE per tier. What's stupid about that? You just fly the one for the tier you want loot in.

There are a few multi-tier maps. But the focus of the game was always PVP. Originally there was no T3 PVE at all, that T3 map was added later. Since T3 ships can do the T4 missions just fine there was never a compelling reason to add that difficultly level to them. If you do PVE for credits you want the higher tier for better rewards anyway. Anyway here's the list:

“Blackwood” Shipyard

• T1
  • T2
  • T4
Processing rig
  • T2
Secret shipyard raid
  • T2
  • T3
Hidden maintenance shop
  • T2
  • T4
Pirate complex
  • T5
  • Upvote 1

There are a few multi-tier maps. But the focus of the game was always PVP. Originally there was no T3 PVE at all, that T3 map was added later. Since T3 ships can do the T4 missions just fine there was never a compelling reason to add that difficultly level to them. If you do PVE for credits you want the higher tier for better rewards anyway. Anyway here's the list:

“Blackwood” Shipyard

• T1
  • T2
  • T4
Processing rig
  • T2
Secret shipyard raid
  • T2
  • T3
Hidden maintenance shop
  • T2
  • T4
Pirate complex
  • T5

Aaah always wondered why I never got T5 gear.  Guess I will have to venture into the Pirate complex.