Sign in to follow this  
BWSNutz

Regular PVP mode MM Restructure idea

If the regular mode has no influence on the sectors, rather than waiting for a match from the other side of the conflict, make it simpler and quicker.

Idea:
1. Take the first 24 people that que up including squads.
2. Divide them equally per side regardless of faction contracts.
3. If there is a squad use use the highest rank and DSR member of the squad and balance the other side accordingly. (i.e. 2 man squad 1200 DSR, R9 will send 2 R8-R10 1150-1250 to the other side. Or something along those lines)
4. Wait no more than :30 (24 people or not)lock the match and send out the battle and start the que for the next battle.

The wait times WILL kill this game. I am a very patient individual but after a even 1 minute of waiting I begin losing interest. If I'm playing in regular mode I just want to have a fairly balanced match where I can go and kill things and level ships. I personally don't care if T2 - T4 are all lumped together in this mode. Leave T1 out. (I mean that's how a random battle would play out anyway)And if I get stomped by a T4 ship (I personally will expect it and level accordingly)so be it. The sides would be mostly balanced and I could probably get in 3 games of fun rather than 2 due to the current wait times.

For all I know some change was made with the new SQ , but I haven't noticed it in the wait times.

Anyway Thanks

p.s. I appreciate the input if I'm off base in my thinking.

If the regular mode has no influence on the sectors, rather than waiting for a match from the other side of the conflict, make it simpler and quicker.

There has never been a 'waiting for a match from the other side of the conflict' until they added the new Sector Conquest.

That's one of the things I was wondering. In the past when clicking engage it showed your side of the conflict (say fed) and my theory was MM was trying to make a match against Jericho side thus causing the incredible wait times to assemble a match.  Oh well.

That's one of the things I was wondering. In the past when clicking engage it showed your side of the conflict (say fed) and my theory was MM was trying to make a match against Jericho side thus causing the incredible wait times to assemble a match.  Oh well.

Yep, it never did this. Your team and opponents would be made up of players from all factions.

Sign in to follow this