Snib

Snib's Star Conflict Log Analyzer

Ahahahaha, YMMD, I knew you were betatrash. Or an alt of a select few other individuals. Anyway, this is not for you.  :lol:

(yes, you removed your post, but I still get it in the mail)

As bad has he was, that's an insult to betatrash.

Also, I've noticed the formatting to be off when I use it.  I think it's just a sprintf issue, something non-portable.  I get a space between the number and the percent but there's no spaces to pad the beginning of the number.  It used to work fine.  Everything until the "ALL %" column is fine.  It's only the percentage columns that misalign the columns.

Here's an example.

TEAM 1:
PLAYER           SHIPS FLOWN                                     K  AD  AB  D Obj    DAMAGE  ALL % TEAM % MSL MSL%     HEALS  DT:COL  DT:KIN  DT:EMP  DT:THR   EFF    EXP CREDITS
Fencel           Anaconda-M                                      3   2   1  0   0    81,942 24.45 % 36.46 %  15 87 %     3,853   3,342  22,699   6,596   6,584   526  7,636 165,159
jrisom           Valor                                           3   3   0  0   1    69,865 20.85 % 31.09 %   2  0 %    59,043     362   3,944  49,128   6,824 1,337 14,942 224,610
MieczDamoklesa   Tempest,Argonaut                                2   3   0  1   0    44,185 13.19 % 19.66 %   8 63 %       968   1,165   3,019   6,348   7,416   561  5,534 220,404
Prupkers         Katana                                          0   5   2  0   0    28,737 8.58 % 12.79 %   6 67 %         0       0       0   2,333   3,553   372  2,637 130,905

TEAM 2:
PLAYER           SHIPS FLOWN                                     K  AD  AB  D Obj    DAMAGE  ALL % TEAM % MSL MSL%     HEALS  DT:COL  DT:KIN  DT:EMP  DT:THR   EFF    EXP CREDITS
arulane          Swarm,Sai                                       0   0   1  2   0     8,525 2.54 % 7.73 %   8 25 %     2,910   6,823   6,111       0  20,228    20  5,251 138,109
BlackThorns      Phoenix,Reaper                                  1   1   0  2   0    65,661 19.60 % 59.50 %  12 67 %    16,912     285  55,850  13,198  15,547   150 10,201 182,835
IronAngel        Katana,Anaconda,Kris AE                         0   0   0  2   0    32,545 9.71 % 29.49 %   2 100 %    28,912   2,705  48,395       0  10,044     0  3,128  70,296
UMayBleed        Kite                                            0   1   0  2   3     3,624 1.08 % 3.28 %   1 100 %       815     888  11,652     736   8,253 1,691 19,819 174,607

Also, I've noticed the formatting to be off when I use it.  I think it's just a sprintf issue, something non-portable.  I get a space between the number and the percent but there's no spaces to pad the beginning of the number.  It used to work fine.  Everything until the "ALL %" column is fine.  It's only the percentage columns that misalign the columns.

That's due to certain regional settings. I had actually already fixed that a couple of days ago but didn't bother releasing it. Might as well I guess, so go grab v0.4.3 from the link in the first post. Things I remember changing:

Updated to 0.4.3

• added stats for log wide (all players) AMS ratio, used ship types and races
  • improved handling of fragmented and incomplete sessions
  • improved handling of some regional settings

So i took, combatLog 3.

relogged 

still it just says not for you when i press analyze. meh 

So i took, combatLog 3.

relogged 

still it just says not for you when i press analyze. meh

If you didn't get it the first time, that's working as intended. I make this software available free of charge because I'm a nice guy but that doesn't mean that I cannot choose who I want to make it available to. Apparently you threw your pre-school knowledge of insults and profanity in my direction in the past so don't expect a freebie from me now. I don't know who's forum alt you are but my software knows. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Just dropped by to say that your a genius :yes_yes:

Thanks for this incredible tool.

Thanks mate, appreciate the feedback. :)

Suggestions are always welcome btw.

Alright, I will use it more often and come back with suggestion if any ^^

Once again, great tool and thanks for making it available free of charge !

I still got a number of features up my sleeve in case you don't come up with anything but I always appreciate the outside opinion for the fresh perspective.

Maybe I'll even lift it to a real UI with performance graphs and a database to track your progress one of these days. Or maybe not. Never enough time for all the things one could do.

That would be really awsome if it ever happen.

Speaking of feedback, I noticed that log show dmg taken from weapon type but it doesnt seem to show how dmg you received from critical hit and explosion but only show %. Any particular reason ? Could it be possible to add it in future ?

Speaking of feedback, I noticed that log show dmg taken from weapon type but it doesnt seem to show how dmg you received from critical hit and explosion but only show %. Any particular reason ? Could it be possible to add it in future ?

The % at the synopsis at the bottom are simply because I didn't consider total absolute values interesting.

Are you asking for crit/explosion numbers in each row? The reason they are not there is because the app is getting rather wide and hitting the limits of some screen resolutions. But I was thinking to drop some columns anyway. Not sure you really need to know for everyone though.

If you are talking about everybody's crit ratio, I was considering to add that. I would also like to display the weapon everybody used but that's really something that'll only have place in a tooltip if I ever change the UI. But so far I like the copy & pasteable layout.

Btw, is anybody actually interested in what efficiency/xp/credits others did get? And if I keep it, would it make sense to calculate any bonuses they had out of it (think I got the formula for that figured out) to make it comparable?

Well I would be interested in knowing how much critical and explosion dmg I receive per battle as it would let me know if using rank 1 fed implant is worth it.

Btw, is anybody actually interested in what efficiency/xp/credits others did get? And if I keep it, would it make sense to calculate any bonuses they had out of it (think I got the formula for that figured out) to make it comparable?

Personally, I aint really interested in knowing how much credit and synergy other player earned BUT the more stats we have the better I guess.

Well I would be interested in knowing how much critical and explosion dmg I receive per battle as it would let me know if using rank 1 fed implant is worth it.

Well, it already tells you how much crit/explosion damage you receive on average for all the logs you parsed, what would be gained by knowing it on a per battle basis? After all you cannot fit for specific battles, just for average situations.

edit: Here's an example from flying a T4 recon this evening:

* Player Damage Taken: Kinetic 23.47%, EMP 19.52%, Thermal 51.98%, True 5.03%, comprising Critical Hits 18.75%, Explosions 25.30%, Friendly Fire 1.27%, Collisions 5.03%

So of the damage I received there were 18.75% critical hits and 25.30% explosions (note that you cannot add them up, there is overlap in case of critical explosions - guess I could add a total number for crit OR explosion damage). That's fairly tame, when flying a covops I see up to 40% explosions.

Thanks for the nice chat in game, donations link added to the OP as requested. /bow

So you put in a personal lock-out for me?

Don't really understand your hatred. Sounds sad.

Still find it cool, you update this, even if it's "not for me".

I hope you didn't go that far and planted any other surprises.

Updated to 0.5.0
Quite a few changes, let's see if I remember them all:

• enabled -multi parameter by default, adding a button to analyze all available logs in one go (it was always there but I don't think I ever told you about it)
  • if you analyze a log you had already analyzed before then only new/newly finished battles are added to the display so you can analyze a log over and over (e.g. after each battle) without needlessly filling the window with duplicate entries
  • ship rank is now displayed after the ship name by default; let me know if you think this is overkill
  • premium ships are marked with a sun icon
  • there is now a BONUS column showing the synergy bonus percentage (first victory bonus excluded; fleet strength also not included because it only applies to parts of the synergy you receive anyway) each player was receiving (license, booster, implant, DLC, ship bonus, etc.); note that synergy gain for ranks 9-14 was changed in the v0.9.17 update 1 and will not be  calculated correctly for older logs; note further that the bonus can apparently be negative for certain ships - I am reasonably certain that my calculations are correct here
  • if you "zerg" a kill assist across several respawns only the first assist type (damage/buff) is counted
  • team affiliation for draws, incomplete sessions or the limited default log level is now displayed correctly for logs from game v0.9.15 or higher (tool remains compatible with older logs formats as always)
  • the captain disconnecting after the battle started to make someone else the captain is now treated correctly for logs from v0.9.15 or higher
  • the captain should now always be detected correctly in case of fragmented sessions
  • a captain kill now counts as an achieved objective same as it now does in the client
  • XP and credits for disconnected players are now set to 0 (while the logs do list them receiving a reward this is not actually the case)
  • Players never connecting to the battle are now nevertheless listed (logs from game v0.9.15 or higher only)
  • the totals at the end now display the percentage of each game mode you played
  • "Armadillo total" added to average damage taken listing at the end giving the total of incoming damage potentially relevant to the Armadillo implant - unfortunately I cannot distinguish between shield and hull damage
  • premium ships percentage added to averages at the end
  • finally worked around that game log bug where detonation games would finish for "unknown" reason when all stations were destroyed; the correct reason is now displayed
  • you can now drag and drop logs or folders containing logs onto the program
  • added "Donate" entry to window menu listing players who donated to support the tool (if they want to be listed). Thank you!
  • fixed some bugs that nobody noticed, improved performance although you may not notice either, plus better handling of corrupted logs or potentially upcoming log formats that hopefully you'll never have to notice as long as I update quickly enough

Enjoy! :yes_yes:

• Upvote 4

Great work. :good:

Funny your last point "fixed some bugs that nobody noticed" , I guess someone did (you) otherwise wouldn't have fixed it, or did you fix them by accident?  ;)wt

What is the MSL and %MSL column in the log?  The other columns are self-explanatory but these 2 I can't think of what it means.  

Funny your last point "fixed some bugs that nobody noticed" , I guess someone did (you) otherwise wouldn't have fixed it, or did you fix them by accident?  ;)wt

That last point is a bit tongue in cheek playing on the word notice and the fact that nobody except I will probably care about any of it. That is why I spare you the details although a major part of the work for this update actually went into that last point. So allow me to humour myself. :lol:

What is the MSL and %MSL column in the log?  The other columns are self-explanatory but these 2 I can't think of what it means.

Click on the window menu->About... for an explanation of every column

Updated to 0.5.0

Quite a few changes, let's see if I remember them all:

• enabled -multi parameter by default, adding a button to analyze all available logs in one go (it was always there but I don't think I ever told you about it)
  • if you analyze a log you had already analyzed before then only new/newly finished battles are added to the display so you can analyze a log over and over (e.g. after each battle) without needlessly filling the window with duplicate entries
  • ship rank is now displayed after the ship name by default; let me know if you think this is overkill
  • premium ships are marked with a sun icon
  • there is now a BONUS column showing the synergy bonus percentage (first victory bonus excluded) each player was receiving (license, booster, implant, DLC, ship bonus, etc.); note that synergy gain for ranks 9-14 was changed in the v0.9.17 update 1 and will not be  calculated correctly for older logs; note further that the bonus can apparently be negative for certain ships - I am reasonably certain that my calculations are correct here
  • if you "zerg" a kill assist across several respawns only the first assist type (damage/buff) is counted
  • team affiliation for draws, incomplete sessions or the limited default log level is now displayed correctly for logs from game v0.9.15 or higher (tool remains compatible with older logs formats as always)
  • the captain disconnecting after the battle started to make someone else the captain is now treated correctly for logs from v0.9.15 or higher
  • the captain should now always be detected correctly in case of fragmented sessions
  • a captain kill now counts as an achieved objective same as it now does in the client
  • XP and credits for disconnected players are now set to 0 (while the logs do list them receiving a reward this is not actually the case)
  • Players never connecting to the battle are now nevertheless listed (logs from game v0.9.15 or higher only)
  • the totals at the end now display the percentage of each game mode you played
  • "Armadillo total" added to average damage taken listing at the end giving the total of incoming damage potentially relevant to the Armadillo implant - unfortunately I cannot distinguish between shield and hull damage
  • premium ships percentage added to averages at the end
  • finally worked around that game log bug where detonation games would finish for "unknown" reason when all stations were destroyed; the correct reason is now displayed
  • you can now drag and drop logs or folders containing logs onto the program
  • added "Donate" entry to window menu listing players who donated to support the tool (if they want to be listed). Thank you!
  • fixed some bugs that nobody noticed, improved performance although you may not notice either, plus better handling of corrupted logs or potentially upcoming log formats that hopefully you'll never have to notice as long as I update quickly enough

Enjoy! :yes_yes:

Wow, alot of cool addition !! Cant wait to try it out ! Ill give you some feed back for sure.

So far I really like the new version, thanks for the addition of armadillo information, its exactly what I wanted to know about it.

if you analyze a log you had already analyzed before then only new/newly finished battles are added to the display so you can analyze a log over and over (e.g. after each battle) without needlessly filling the window with duplicate entries

This is much appreciated.

I just noticed the Armadillo stat.  Is it just the percent of damage that would be effected by Armadillo or does it presume that Armadillo's used?  I know it's not possible from logs, but I'm curious about how many of those missiles could have been affected by a guard.  Perhaps missiles taken down per guard in the match?  It's kind of senseless to consider AMS when there might not be guards at all

So far I really like the new version, thanks for the addition of armadillo information, its exactly what I wanted to know about it.

This is much appreciated.

Happy to hear that. :) I did notice some unintended behaviour with the latter feature in case of incomplete sessions in the logs, if you run into that, will be fixed if I remember to.

I just noticed the Armadillo stat.  Is it just the percent of damage that would be effected by Armadillo or does it presume that Armadillo's used?  I know it's not possible from logs, but I'm curious about how many of those missiles could have been affected by a guard.  Perhaps missiles taken down per guard in the match?  It's kind of senseless to consider AMS when there might not be guards at all

The Armadillo total is the percentage of damage you took that was critical and/or explosion damage, regardless of whether they were to shields or hull because I cannot know that.

Also don't forget that all damage numbers in the logs are after implants and everything else have already been applied. So let's say you already use Armadillo and my tool tells you 50% Armadillo total. That's the damage that has already been reduced by Armadillo in that case, so let's say it was all explosion damage to hull, that means without the implant the line would read over 70% Armadillo total.

As to missiles taken down per guard, sure it's possible but to dedicate an entire column to that? I'm not convinced. It's a bit of a limitation with the current copy & paste-able output format. With another UI I could fit more information in but I quite like the compact output.

The AMS averages at the bottom are just to have an overview of the impact of AMS guards on battles in general (and if you see that LRF torps seem to get taken down 15-20% of the time in T4 then you can basically lower the already low DPS of those ships by that amount).

Updated to 0.5.1

Was holding this version back because I was hoping to get an answer to my question in the dev Q&A thread about synergy calculation but so far no luck.

Main Changes:

• Added configuration window, access it via the window menu
  • Added option to archive existing logs to a separate folder because the game will only keep the 10 most recent log folders. Empty logs (you just logged in but did not play a battle) are automatically discarded, everything else gets moved to a separate logs.archive folder and compressed to save disc space. It does archive everything
  • Added "R" button to re-analyze the last analyzed log. The idea is you can press that after every battle to quickly update the data.
  • Added total damage taken column and changed individual damage type columns to percentages
  • Players in each team are now sorted by efficiency as in game.
  • Adjusted rank 15 synergy bonus calculation
  • Also don't get confused, the start menu folder changed to Snib\Star Conflict Tools\, same as my ping tester should you use that.

Hey, Snib

I was wondering, is it hard or to much work to implement a "search" within a tool? like I want to find all records of vs certain players?

P.S. love the latests update