Obj - I believe beacon captures

All% - your percent of damage dealt by all players in the match

Team% - your percent of damage dealt by your team

Heals - heals you've given

DT:COL - collision damage received

DT:KIN - Kinetic damage received

DT:EMP - EM damage receieved

DT:THR- Thermal damage received

EFF - efficiency points awarded at the end of the match.

EXP - ignore it, it used to matter, things have changed but it's still in the logs.  It could maybe be reworked to be converted to synergy.

I can tell that you dealt little damage in the match, one missile it looks like, played safe to avoid damage, and focused on beacons.  You died three times.  I'm guessing backspace for some reason, since there's no damage listed.  You flew a command and knew how to use active modules!  Sound about right?  If you did take actual damage for your three deaths, there's a bug.  What localization settings do you use?

Since you know how to use always on modules, you should try engineer.  The game needs more people who can do that.

ty plus ur analysis helped me understand better as well +1

Just once in the hangar, until you change it again(By doing the same command with 1 or 2 instead of 3) it will stay that way. 

ty

+1

`does using the different combat log method make the game a bit more glitchy? or slower and when there is alot of action it tends to become un-smooth, my ping and packet loss are same but i feel its a little glitchy after using the combat logging mode 3

Obj - I believe beacon captures

Obj = objectives = beacon captures and station destructions. Theoretically also captain kills but I took that out for reasons that I don't remember. ;)

`does using the different combat log method make the game a bit more glitchy? or slower and when there is alot of action it tends to become un-smooth, my ping and packet loss are same but i feel its a little glitchy after using the combat logging mode 3

The game has always been glitchy, but you can toggle the logging method during a battle to make sure it's not adding to it. Just write /set cl_combatLog 0 and it will instantly fall back to minimal logging - if the game becomes instantly smoother as well you found the reason.

• Upvote 1

what is the games default clog   1 or 0

I believe it is 1, but don't quote me on that

:lol:

Quoting you because it is 1 indeed. :)

At level 0 you only get basic session information (who's in the battle), at level 1 it adds kill messages. Level 2 adds buffs/debuffs and only at level 3 you get the damage and heal numbers, medals you get yourself plus end of battle reward information for everyone else in the battle except just yourself. The highest level is 4 but I'm not sure what the difference is over 3, if any.

What's it worth it to you? Muhahaha. ;D 

Yaay, didn't realize you shared the tool, bumbed i didn't see this thread till today, thanks a bunch! 

Yaay, didn't realize you shared the tool, bumbed i didn't see this thread till today, thanks a bunch!

You are welcome. :)

hey snibs as always love your software <3

1 question?

Do drone kills , on engineers / beacons count as assits?

ty

hey snibs as always love your software <3

1 question?

Do drone kills , on engineers / beacons count as assits?

ty

Thanks mate. :)

And unfortunately you are right, looks like a while ago fixing one thing I messed up something else, and since I dropped the game I never noticed...

My apologies for the bug, please re-download the fixed version from the OP. The fixed behaviour should now be the following:

• If you play PVE or the tutorial, then all kills and assists to environment entities (= basically everything you can shoot at in PVE) do get counted.
  • If you play anything else (at this point PVP incl. custom battles with or without bots) then kills and assists to environment entities do not get counted (bots count as players here).
  • Regardless of the mode you play, all damage inflicted to anything is counted to the extent that is possible.
  • IIRC neither damage nor kills/assists to attack drones make it into the logs anyway but if they ever do then they would be treated as environment entities, i.e. the damage to them by players would be counted but not the kills/assists.

Depending on when you downloaded the last version there was also a fix to an issue that occurred when running the parser on a Russian Windows. It will however remain to look confusing though because I use a space as a column separator and as I learned that's what the Russians use as a digit grouping symbol/thousands separator.

Also I had ninja-patched in time and date parsing a while ago which will display according to your system's regional settings and language now.

edit 2 November: Played a few battles for the first time in several patches, noticed a slight log file format change that affected some of the meta data (the "header" displayed before each battle). Re-download for a fixed version if you care.

Edited by Snib

Hi every one, and especially Snib.

@Snib I used your analyzer and it's a marvel. thanks.

As I am in the process of writing also a kind of log analyzer, I was wondering if you could/would share some of the mapping between the name of the ship in the log and the name in the game. I think I could find that myself given some time, and I'm sure it took you some time. Nevertheless, if you would be willing to share, it would be very nice indeed.

Snow, Chalain IG

Awesome dude I was wondering how long it would take people to start writing some scripts and such. I have been reading the logs for a while now this will make it much easier.

Hi every one, and especially Snib.

@Snib I used your analyzer and it's a marvel. thanks.

As I am in the process of writing also a kind of log analyzer, I was wondering if you could/would share some of the mapping between the name of the ship in the log and the name in the game. I think I could find that myself given some time, and I'm sure it took you some time. Nevertheless, if you would be willing to share, it would be very nice indeed.

Snow, Chalain IG

Thanks, and sure can do. I'll send you a PM. Would appreciate if whatever you make with it is given back to the community for free as well.

Awesome dude I was wondering how long it would take people to start writing some scripts and such. I have been reading the logs for a while now this will make it much easier.

Thanks, although the game is going on 2 years and my tool has been publicly available since before you joined. I'm actually rather surprised there are not more tools available by now but maybe they're all hidden within the Russian community. Or never released. I know I have a few more myself in the latter category. ;)

Updated to 0.3.8 adding support for the 3 new DLC ships from game patch 0.9.13.

Updated to 0.3.8 adding support for the 3 new DLC ships from game patch 0.9.13.

awesome, thanks! 

Updated to version 0.4.0 following significant log file format changes in game update 0.9.15. There may be some changes that I missed due to lack of logs to test on (tried to get a PVP battle but after a few minutes in a queue I gave up) - if you encounter any issues just let me know. As always, the tool remains compatible with older log file formats.

Also added support for a new/upcoming map.

Updated to 0.4.1

• worked around a bug in the game's logs - apparently you can team kill someone without actually causing any damage to them. Hmm...
  • the damage column is no longer counting damage you did to yourself or to players on your team; I had briefly considered adding a separate column for team damage but at the end of the day it's not that interesting - there is actually way more self damage than team damage being done.

Updated to 0.4.2

• added a column to display missile launches. Counts anything launched from the missile slot including drones and mines but not sentry drones (those are missing from the logs) as well as jericho torps. 
  • added a column to display missile hit ratio
    • multiple hits are all counted so you can go over 100%
    • hits with the Jericho torp thermal bubble are not counted
    • same thing for normal missiles, if you only catch someone in the blast radius somehow without actually hitting them it's not counted
  • some other small changes like static data updates 

okay so i downloaded it, it just tells me to choose a combat log? all i get is this is not for you?

meh

analyze my combat log? and then show off with This Is not For you .

........................... help.

Ahahahaha, YMMD, I knew you were betatrash. Or an alt of a select few other individuals. Anyway, this is not for you.  :lol:

(yes, you removed your post, but I still get it in the mail)

• Upvote 1

Ahahahaha, YMMD, I knew you were betatrash. Or an alt of a select few other individuals. Anyway, this is not for you.  :lol:(yes, you removed your post, but I still get it in the mail)

Lol troll skil over 9000

You are my hero!

Btw, your log only shows me my total dmg, amount of synergy/credits and kill/deats for all participants in the match, but friendly/enemy damages, gains are all 0.

I assume my logs arent detailed, i tried that / set cl_something 3 onsole command, client returns as command does not exist

Lol troll skil over 9000

You are my hero!

:yes_yes: 

regarding the logs:

* Works best with extended combat logs set by this in-game chat command:

* /combatLog 3