Sector Conquest battles should be Race vs Race?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you thing Sector Conquest battles should be Race vs Race?

As for the win loss record, I believe many players with a high ratio either play a lot of PvE with good players, or play a lot of squad matches in smaller matches.

I'm pretty sure the pve matches aren't included in the w:l ratio? Recently played PvE for a whole day and saw no change in the ratio, won pretty much all the matches. Perhaps i'm wrong.

As i mentioned however, looking at only one of the statistics won't cut it, DSR, W:L, Average ships destroyed, Average assists, perhaps capture point average, dunno, I've been using DSR and W:L to paint a picture of the players so far.  Perhaps more statistics which are already being recorded could be added to the profiles, so one can be more accurate.

Even then, I do agree that DSR doesn't suit the game well and would need fixing or tweaking, even more so considering the importance players place on said rating.

A simple mechanic which makes it so no corp member can fight each other would be nice

I dont want to spoil the fun and actually I fully support the OP idea....

But: Do you really want this? Just Imagine: 12v12 with only ESB, NASA, WPK on the one team.....

I dont want to make any corps small, or say they have bad players, but those corps above are all fighting for Empire and are known to be excellent team-players and I predict that the "death squads" will look like a walk in the park against this. Especially since a Voice communication could be established quite easily. 

That said: At the moment a faction vs faction MM would have very small till no chance to create fair/balanced matches.  

I'm bringing this thread back to life because I pose a question: How can a FULL Jericho team hope to win against a FULL Empire team?  And the Feds?  Don't make me laugh.  It's a well-known advantage to have hull-tanking, and pitting entire teams to one extreme or another will have serious issues unless addressed.  

Possible ideas/solutions?  Am I vastly wrong?  Post your thoughts, and please...let's stay on topic this time.

I fly ships of all races. Whatever my jurisdiction is has no bearing on what ship I choose to fly. I am not sure thats what you mean. Sounds like it does?

Sector conquest, is now is race against race. Before its was mixed.

The update messed it up a bit by bringing PVP back as separate rather than keeping the ques combined as it was when this post was created.

The change was a good one, but they killed it with the separation of the queues, added tier rules, and friendly fires.

Maybe this update coming up addresses it, or maybe not, the change log is not up yet.

I asked the devs in their "Ask the devs" thread about the faction vs faction idea.  They stated they have no plans for it at this time.  Empire vs Feds could be a decently fair battle due to the fact most matches involve beacons and speed to get to them.