g4borg

[OWL] Owl Initiative.

or: athenian owls owled athenians

I am blowing up mechs atm. more than spaceships. so i became a mechwarrior. pubg, stellaris, lately a bit of foxhole. the battlefront 2 beta made me miss pew pew most.

but occasionally i of course cant resist to play a few :) see how things are going, so there is some little last bit of hope left.

but it does feel strange now to watch teamplay in this game tbh after mwo.

such wasted potential.

• Upvote 1

Still playing a bit of SC, but mostly supreme commander and stellaris when we can get together. Eve online on the side but I'm not doing much since I'm in free to play mode

• Upvote 1

I mostly playing Pubg these days but I really miss flying. The new BattleFront2 was actually really fun and promissing.
Pros:
- Can play together with friends.
- Short queue time (at least in the beta)

- amazing graphics and atmosphere

Cons:
- lack of customisation
- too simple controls

Overall it was really promising, if they don't introduce pay2win content or add super OP Midi-chlorian ships, this game possibly can fill the hole what SC left.

1 hour ago, millanbel said:

the first BF2 was actually where I first started flying! :) How did you get playing that? Is it in open beta?

it was open beta in a few weeks ago but just for a weekend. They'll release it in mid November.

BF2 was fun, but i bet they are gonna manage to ruin it. Also the ground-combat is garbage, wich makes it easy for me to not buy this game. The space-fight is really fun, but again EA Games, challenge everything, managed to xxxx that up too. By making a AAA game, with LOOTCRATES to get better items (kinda like passivemodules), wich are of way to few variety and very powerful. For us it was not a big issue, since we brought skill from other games, but still, if you look really close, you will notice that the guy with the cards, has more damage, tank, firerate, less weaponoverheat yadayada.

To recap, if you are new to the game, you will have to fight people with better cards, and not more skill wich is ok, because the game is so damn arcady anyways. BUT hey its a 40€ game. so xxxx you EA

• Upvote 1

I just did some Eve but didn’t grow on me... Battelfield is OK but teamwork in there sux. Overall OK to do a match or 2 but nothing special... a game to clear your head. SC? Didn’t log on for a looooong time, since dessie got in I’m out... miss old SC. Now gonna try STO & see what happens. Well glad to see U guys still HOOTin 

I also miss SC a lot, I wish I could get a running server with an old version, when the only balance issue we had was the ECM.... Time to time i log in, play a round and admit the game is garbage now. Really sad.

About the Battlefront 2 lets wait the release don't cry about the cards and crates too early. :)

On 19/10/2017 at 8:34 PM, ZDemon said:

I just did some Eve but didn’t grow on me... Battelfield is OK but teamwork in there sux. Overall OK to do a match or 2 but nothing special... a game to clear your head. SC? Didn’t log on for a looooong time, since dessie got in I’m out... miss old SC. Now gonna try STO & see what happens. Well glad to see U guys still HOOTin 

If you really want (and have xxxx loads of free time...) to get into eve online, you need to join a corporation in nullsec or wormhole space, and to a lesser extent lowsec. 70% of the game is the social aspect. Playing solo gets boring quickly. I recommend you look into The Initiative alliance :p. No particular reason... :p 

22 hours ago, Gizmomac said:

I also miss SC a lot, I wish I could get a running server with an old version, when the only balance issue we had was the ECM.... Time to time i log in, play a round and admit the game is garbage now. Really sad.

About the Battlefront 2 lets wait the release don't cry about the cards and crates too early. :)

I really hope Battlefront 2 EA is good! It's been a while since I've played a proper FPS that isn't Star Conflict. I also miss the times when ECM stasis keyboard unplugging for a few seconds was the most annoying thing in the game. Now there are dozens of modules with annoying effects.

• Upvote 1