Sign in to follow this  
VXxed

You know what would be cool? Free-for-All Deathmatch.

Free for All!  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree?

• Absolutely! A free-for-all game mode would be excellent!
    • No! It would teach pilots to suck at strategy forever!
  2. 2. Include it in the Random Arcade?

• No! If I'm playing arcade, I want to have the choice to NOT do FFA!
    • Sure, I don't see any issues, it'll be a fun break from the usual.

Sure, as a separate PvP option and definitely not as part of the auto-select battles.  And make it realistic (one death per craft).  This way all the hyper-aggressive team-killing monkeys have somewhere to play away from the rest of us.

This game main aspect is teamplay, with different "classes", different "skills". It's not like UT or Quake where every player have the same character with the same weapons.

Maybe if it would be optional. ( I would not play it that's for sure )

Team Deathmatch would be good , FFA is a problem i think couse of the imbalance of some ship classes ( like for example interceptors would become THE killstealer)

Both would probably need a different reward system than the usual arcade becouse you're gonna die alot more times, on that note i hope they add some minor rewards for all the ribbons you get during missions

A suggestion for the Poll answers is to add (under the 'Do you agree?') an option for Don't Care/No strong feeling either way...

Simply because I am agree with neither of the current options and truly don't care if it is added (or rather the only part I care about is covered in the second question)

A free for all deathmatch sounds pretty lame in this type of game.  Generally it would involve trying to steal as many kills as possible with no strategy whatsoever.  I don't even like the idea of team deathmatch but it would be better than free for all deathmatch.  I'd prefer to see more objective based game modes, and definitely wouldn't want deathmatch added to the random selection of pvp missions.

Oh god. I can see it now. 

12 frigates, all healers = UNSTOPPABLE.

• Upvote 1

if realistic is a good idea and why not put a team death match for small team? the only thing is to long the que if separate of arcade.

• Upvote 2

would like to see this one coming and take a break from the damn b(e)acon hunt, but probably not in arcade roll (preformed squads? anyone?) - why not more combat recon instead of double beacon type missions? plssss :(

can't wait to spam death at / with you 1 v 1 v 'the world' puny :)

It could lead to some interesting things.

A free for all option outside of the normal rotation of team modes would be fun. Could also be opened up as a way for corps to have internal free for all's as well. From other games ive played that's always been a hit among corps/guilds etc.  

The only problem I see is if you are in a Squad, and you are looking for co-op, and get stuck in a Free-For-All instead... I think it's a good idea, but perhaps add a separate category for it... 

Squads should never be placed into game modes which are meant to be free-for-all. You would see players cluster and work together, thereby skewing the results and making the whole point of free-for-all a moot one.

oh, a FREE for all is a great idea, just double everyones sheilds and hull points and let them go at it! 

Partly No.

Because I want to see: more depth in teamplay options. Better Squad/Fleet management. More brainstorm on how to solve the issue of a frigate being the same worth as an interceptor on the battlefield.

I do however say yeah to a more death match mode, where kills are the main objective, and something to replace Arcade Mode, since it should be covered in Sector Conquest by now.

But it definitely should stay a team match; It could introduce Tier Mixing however, by making the killpoints of your ship dependant on a combination of class (size) and Tier; and it wouldnt hurt if there is a secondary objective (kill the enemy dreadnaught to win)

A complete free for all, where you shoot just anybody does not make a lot of sense, but it could be definitely a lobby mode you could set up on your own (since it should not be that hard to come up with that), but not in the Arcade.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this