Sign in to follow this  
VestigialStew41

[F]OSX Client - Beeping at every keyboard entry

Hello,

Since the last update, to version 0.7.9 I believe, date of March 11th (through steam if that matters), any keyboard entry produces the beeping sound associated with alerts. And whenever one keeps a key pressed, like for going forward, well, it loops the sound super fast. Needless to say, it's a tad annoying.

This issue isn't specific to myself, as others knew right away that I was going to ask about that problem when I ask if anybody was using the OSX client. But for the record, I run OSX 10.8.2, and use a dasKeyboard, connected in USB.

There is a workaround, albeit temporary, you can just mute your alerts in OSX. This is done through the sound pane in sys pref [ Menu > System Preferences > Sound > Sound effect tab, and put the alert volume to 0]. This won't kill the system sound, just the alerts, including new emails, calendar and so on. Better not forget to put it back on.

P.S.: Not sure if it goes here or in Client.

Edit: Not sure I was clear on that, but, ANY keystroke generates a beep.

Have you tried switching between your current setup (whether it be full screen or windowed stretched) to windowed then back because I had the same problem and was able to fix it with that.

I have this issue as well, it is really annoying. Haven't been able to figure out any way of fixing it yet besides the mentioned workaround.  I'm using a macbook pro with the built in keyboard, OS X 10.8.2.