Error18512

Star Conflict Wiki

When some time frees up, I will apply my patience and OCD organizational skills to arranging that wiki.

Do we have a list of users actively participating in this endeavour?

Given Recent Changes is empty except for 2 edits by Skula and a ton of bots, no one is.

Which is unsurprising given you can't create accounts. I never got mine.

You're still interested though, yes? Error is currently working on finding the person in charge, or at least someone we can speak with to get this thing rolling.

I am beginning to develop an outline for how to tackle this project. If you have any suggestions, let's talk about it here while we wait for verification.

The first big one would be a ship page template. The Russian wiki has some fairly nice looking ship pages in a consistent style, but they don't use a template. I'd start by making one, then we can fill out the ship list without it taking ages and being riddled with copy/paste errors.

Then it's a long slog to go over the main pages and update them for 0.8, add page(s) for roles and update special weapons, update and add active modules, and add new missiles.

Then fix some stuff that was broken even before 0.8, such as flesh out the mk3 module list in the faction pages.

And probably a bunch of other things, but that should keep us busy for a couple of weeks.

Exactly what I thought.

Are you familiar with the formatting of wiki pages, because I certainly am not. I don't suppose learning would take much time, but that requires I either find someone who knows or wade through tutorials.

I learned by looking at the code on an existing page, and just copy and pasting alot. Its fairly simple. Once your able to hit EDIT to change it, youll figure it out in moments.

When some time frees up, I will apply my patience and OCD organizational skills to arranging that wiki.

Do we have a list of users actively participating in this endeavour?

YOU HAVE MY MUSTACHE

I learned by looking at the code on an existing page, and just copy and pasting alot. Its fairly simple. Once your able to hit EDIT to change it, youll figure it out in moments.

Hmm~ It is a good plan. I shall go poke around in my spare-spare time.

Also, thanks Mustache. xD

You should find basic wiki syntax pretty easy to pick up. Stuff like headings, bold and italic are easy peasy, tables are a bit harder but not too tricky given an example to work from. Templates are a bit obscure though.

I think this thread or some other thread should be made for an info dump. Just pick a set of weapons/mods and dump the information in the thread, then we can just pick it up and add it to the wiki.

Please use the existing thread found here.

I do believe all further discussion has been moved over there.

Can we not just copy the Russian wiki over to the US server and just translate them bit by bit to english? Even without straight up english, all the numbers are there. It would still be more useful than the english wiki atm.

I can't read Russian.  :012j:

That requires redesigning the templates, as I've said elsewhere.

Translating the wiki? I don't think so.

The content can translated by whoever and for language strings that come from the software, there are language packs. Pretty much every CMS toda has support for language packs