Error18512

[PvP] Detonation

Holding both bombs when you're even on stations definitely wins the game, at the moment.

Yes, g4borg must remember incorrectly, or encountered a bug.

I have seen all scenarios, and I assume no patch has changed these in a while: When any amount of beacons destroyed and the teams are still tied in beacons, then, when the time runs out:

- one team carries both bombs => wins

- one team carries a bomb, other bomb is not picked => team with bomb wins

- both teams have no bomb => draw

- both teams have one bomb => draw

And the most annoying one, where I was the unlucky carrier trying to hide:

- both teams carry 1 bomb, but the other team's bomb carrier is killed just before time hits 0:00 => team with bomb wins, as the other bomb is floating unpicked, with some pieces of destroyed ships metal trash floating near it.

I didn't take time to read all sugestions but here is mine :

The player having the bomb should be given a certain amount of time to place it or die (ex : 1 minute max / 45secs)

this would prevent the person who is having the bomb to camp with it from beginning till end of game.

Regards.

yes this is a very good idea hash3 !!

so they will stop camping with the bomb in there base...

i think 1 min is long enough, but i think it should do a lot of environment damage to be sure that nobody will camp again

• Upvote 1

One minute? No, maybe two, and it's reset to the drop point, or a random unoccupied area.  Also factor in distance from the nearest enemy station.  If you're hovering near your station, you're slowing down the game and ignoring the mission.  If you're just 1000m from the enemy station, you don't want to loose it because you were slow.  People shouldn't die while waiting for reenforcements to clear out a station, or die because they're in a slow frigate.  Frigates kill bomb carriers, and can't always get away from the new bomb.  Since they were closest to the kill, they get it.  A tactic I see often is just slowly circling the outside of the map to get to an empty station.  Most people ignore them, and it can be an easier win.  I do feel it's justified, they're planting andnot holding, but it's slow.

• Upvote 1

disagree with the time bomb... if you cannot kill it, you cannot take it (i mean the bomb). your team is allowed to use the same technique.

I didn't take time to read all sugestions but here is mine :

The player having the bomb should be given a certain amount of time to place it or die (ex : 1 minute max / 45secs)

this would prevent the person who is having the bomb to camp with it from beginning till end of game.

Regards.

How about NO? Planting the bomb is hard enough as it is. You do not want to put a timer on the bomb that runs out just before the carrier reaches the station. That is madness.

There is a time for speeding towards a beacon in a straight line, and there is one for taking it back towards your team and wait.