Error18512

[PvP] Detonation

Yep, whilst (potentially) far more realistic, 20 seconds is enough time to get from one side of the field to the other with the bomb and unless you're right behind them when Adaptive Camo is triggered, it is almost impossible to find them (and then you still have to keep track of them)

Upon using the special Skills of your Ship like: Warp,Cloak or Tachyon Cocon, you will lose the Bomb and it can be taken by the Enemy!

Well stealth seems to be the I-WIN button of choice for this one, since the ship changes.  To bad Jericho doesn't have the option of being able to counter it unless you Grind the Empire or Federation Faction Ranks required to unlock the necessary ships.

Yes you can counter it... if you have a recon Interceptor that has the required abilities for it.

Way to go Devs for releasing a game breaking ability and a week later still haven't fixed it.

My squad mates and I have just started Boycotting the Detonation matches.  Taking the Option to Leave Battle when ever we get a match until they fix it. 

Saves us a steadily worsening Win/Loss Ratio and repair bill.

/edit- Contained incorrect Data and those damn typos...

Edited by Smilingdeath

Is there one corps which don't use this xxxx covert ops in detonation ?

RED, ESB, 420, NASA, which one of you are so no.ob and so lame that they can't play properly ?

We are in beta, and you still trying to win using poor tactic ?

Shame on you dudes. Some of you are good players, but you are actually ruining it playing in that way.

You'll never see a FROG using this exploit. And I hope the dev will fix it soon.

Is there one corps which don't use this xxxx covert ops in detonation ?

RED, ESB, 420, NASA, which one of you are so no.ob and so lame that they can't play properly ?

We are in beta, and you still trying to win using poor tactic ?

Shame on you dudes. Some of you are good players, but you are actually ruining it playing in that way.

You'll never see a FROG using this exploit. And I hope the dev will fix it soon.

This game mode with the adaptive camo is so lame and annoying.

I admit that me and probably also some corpies(420) abused and used it, it was fun the first few days but now its just plain simple easy n0ob mode.

Cause of this I always try to counter them with a recon ship, sometimes with succes and sometimes not.

So yeah lets get this fixed.

That bug happened to me right now ... I was in my Dvergr and had the bomb, dodged enemy fire and went straight for the enemy beacon and when I reached it with my wrist hurting from all the dodging ... the bomb was gone! I did use neither Microwarp drive nor anything else except shield / armor repair and my afterburners ... can anybody explain that to me? It seemed like the bomb just "slipped" out of my grip while dodging ... and ME NOT LIKE :angry:

Emergency shield most likely, it pops on sometimes and you never even realize it.

Its a passive module.. it stops interceptors from being one shotted.. If you dont have it and you pick interceptor as captain in a recon match, your team will hate you.

I think, it is not clear to the taken up bomb seems are your ship's upper left side and when you dropped it is disappear. Maybe it would be best to write screen "You taken up EMP bomb" and "You dropped EMP bomb, you have 3 sec to detonation", or anything else.

if I was not clear enough and I have a lot of mistakes, I'm so sorry, but I rarely use English and have forgotten a lot.

When you pick up the bomb it prints "You have the EMP Bomb!" on your screen, makes a distinctive "shoooooom" noise, credits you with 150 points with the text "Picked up the bomb", gives you a buff icon to indicate you're carrying it, and your ship has a big bomb floating behind it. I don't really know how it could be more obvious...

When you plant the bomb the station starts making an alarming klaxon noise, so that's pretty clear too.

What isn't particularly obvious is when you drop it for a reason other than planting it.

What isn't particularly obvious is when you drop it for a reason other than planting it.

Only times I drop it is when I die.. and the big explosion and being put back to the ship selection screen, tells me pretty clearly why I dropped the bomb. :) :P

I Know what your saying though. The only other things that cause you to drop the bomb that im aware of are:

1. Warpgate

2. Microwarp

3. Tachyon Cacoon

4. Combat Reboot (Unsure if this causes you to drop the bomb)

5. Adaptive Camo

6. Cloak (Tackler)

7. Cloak (Recon)

8, Emergency Barrier ((Missed this, thanks ArqueiroX))

9. Death 

Edited by CensoredbyAdmin

I wish this game mode had never come back. I have actually had games where I saw "Detonation" and I quit the game there and then. I hate it that much.

combat reboot drops it.

i'm not sure if engine overcharge does

command grav scanner aura buff does not drop it

Engine Overcharge does not drop the EMP Bomb, same with overdrive, even when used together Hence why gunships are the new cammo

For me this mode is very fun to play, but win condition if not all stations are detonated is not fair. Situation from today match - my team and enemy team had one station left. My team had overall 10 more kills than enemy kills, timer was near to end. Enemy team captured two bombs and camped near their station and won the game because they "captured more bombs". I think amount of kills should be more important here.

eh? i believe captured more bombs are not counted anymore. it now goes into draw.. or did the patch change it back coz it's highly exploitable "P

Picking up more bombs is still in it, yes. Seems pretty ridiculous sometimes.

I miss the camo-bombs. Would have been enough to delay the bomb effect until camo was off, and make you lose the bomb if you get hit while camoed.

eh? i believe captured more bombs are not counted anymore. it now goes into draw.. or did the patch change it back coz it's highly exploitable "P

Definitely still in. I don't like it as it's not a clearly visible objective - whereas kills are.

Personally I'd rather just see a game draw and only count planted bombs, though. Give people a reason to go balls deep rather than all sit back and shoot at each other from a distance just to preserve a win when things are looking to be fairly even.

1. Make sure your station count is same or higher

2. Gather both bombs.

3. Let ECMs play Hacky-Sack with the bomb at edge of map

4. ???

5. PROFIT!!

I am actually glad tho, I did not witness people exploiting this yet. Even if there were games where "both bombs disappeared" somewhere for some minutes and I feared for the worst.

• Upvote 1

some kind soul explained it to me in-game whilst holding both bombs no less. apparently 'picked up more bombs' means how many EMPs the teams are holding on to at the time when timer runs out

if one each then the game ends as a draw (assuming equal number of stations left)

if a team is holding on to 1 or both whilst the other team has none then your team wins

hence the EMP hogging back at base.

the points farming apparently is a 'side-effect' of getting bored while running the timer down (any sort of camo / cloak / reboot / stun does the job)

I have to watch out for this, because it didn't seem so last time we lost because of this; as I remember we had both bombs, but of course, memory is fading after hitting the 30s.