Error18512

Matchmaking reports

Got in a Squad vs Pugs. 4 Vs. 4. 

Needless to say, they died instantly, as it was a combat recon. 

There Destroyed ship rating was the same like my teams but they just broke apart. There was one T2 on there side though. I think its punishing the players in a bit that dont squad up and get thrown in random match only to have a guaranteed loss

my R10 meeting R14?

21:29:25.519 CMBT   | ======= Connect to game session session 2198649 =======
21:29:33.883 CMBT   | ======= Start gameplay 'Sentinel' map 's1338_pandora_anomaly', local client team 2 =======

Squaded up with a T2 team-mate coz I assumed we would get matched up into a T3 game even though I had an R10 on me. Server population was 1,500 at that time but I guessed wrong.

So yeah my corpie had fun in his R7 tackler shooting T5's lol. Fortunately we had ESB on our side. I shudder to think if the situation was reversed.

Squads can really mess up matchmaking.  Try mixing T1 and T4 just for fun, you in T1.  That'll knock you down.

so yeah...T5 full mk3 ESB squad farming T4...Apparently it's totally fair to have T5 and T4 matches against each other even though T5 implants make T5 ships near completly invincible to T4.

Also fun how ESB got to keep their loyalty at 15 while the rest of us were stuck at 12. Biased?

But they nerfed their reputation from 15 to 12! And guess what! Reputation means nothing now!

rALZSoq.jpg

so yeah...T5 full mk3 ESB squad farming T4...Apparently it's totally fair to have T5 and T4 matches against each other even though T5 implants make T5 ships near completly invincible to T4.

Also fun how ESB got to keep their loyalty at 15 while the rest of us were stuck at 12. Biased?

But they nerfed their reputation from 15 to 12! And guess what! Reputation means nothing now!

Really? Rep doesn't go past 12?

Really? Rep doesn't go past 12?

I meant, some time ago they nerfed everyones reputation from 15 to 12. which now means xxxx since you need synergy to level your reputation. But apparently left loyalty at 15. Totally fair right...

I meant, some time ago they nerfed everyones reputation from 15 to 12. which now means xxxx since you need synergy to level your reputation. But apparently left loyalty at 15. Totally fair right...

Well, that's pathetic.

Good day Admins and Devs,

Just a short note on what I think of the game's ability to match players to teams in PvP matches.

Firstly, I noticed that in 20 PvP matches on Saturday I was part of only maybe (at best) 5 wins. Tonight I played 6 PvP matches and again I was the fortunate village idiot to be part of 6 losses.

In my book and based on the Rule of Averages, whoever came up with the algorithm (or logic) to produce an "ideal" match leaves room for a world of improvement - demote or fire him/her (joke). I am not about to bother to read all the replies posted, but maybe explaining how you calculate the "ideal" match would help the community (that's us) to assist in improving the matchmaking of this game. I am most certainly not the only one who is complaining about this and from my personal experience you people should really have an urgent sit down and brain storm this - like it or not, in the end PvP is and will always be the Achilles heel of the game, screw it up and you will never have a large community playing the game.

From my basic knowledge of data analysis, I doubt that enough data is captured to ensure a more precise method of calculating an "ideal" match paring. The variables are pretty easy to identify since you have different Event Types, Ship classes, Weapon and Module levels, K/D ratio per Ship, the 3/4 ships in each player's Hanger and then lastly the player's choice of ship per PvP event type.

Yes you could argue that it would be impossible for the game to determine which ship the player will select at any given time. Well that would be looking for an excuse because the game is not keeping enough data on players and the solution for this is to use the Rule of Averages again. 

Log more data and you will resolve this poor (actually pathetic) matchmaking problem. And since it is a topic on the boards, I can safely assume this is actually a problem that you guys are having.

Good luck with this.

Regards,

T

Good Evening.

Today when I was trying to do PvP with my friend in a group Matchmaker throw us into t3 match. Good for me but my friend's best ship was in t1. Yes, my t1 ship was in slot ready for combat. Shame that I didn't make any screenshots. So my question is... is this normal? I've heard that in "war thunder" in situation like that, matchmaker throw group into the lower players ligue but gives better player plane from lower ligue so i thought here it works the same.

Sorry if it's wrong topic for that.

Good Evening.

Today when I was trying to do PvP with my friend in a group Matchmaker throw us into t3 match. Good for me but my friend's best ship was in t1. Yes, my t1 ship was in slot ready for combat. Shame that I didn't make any screenshots. So my question is... is this normal? I've heard that in "war thunder" in situation like that, matchmaker throw group into the lower players ligue but gives better player plane from lower ligue so i thought here it works the same.

Sorry if it's wrong topic for that.

Matchmaker throws the squad in the tier of the highest ship that any player has.  So one of you had a t3 ship in their lineout.

• Upvote 1

... That's the sort of reason we need something that tells people about rules.

... That's the sort of reason we need something that tells people about rules.

Yeah, otherwise you get matches like these:

sXCuUMl.jpg

Or you know, they could make the ship rank rules apply to all members of the squad, not just the squad leader...

Games like the one mill posted are far too common. I had a game where I had a 2-man ESB squad on my team, against a 3-man squad of randoms, 2 of which were running only T1 ships

Very often I found that one side (mostly myside when I checked), I was playing with rank 8 highest ships, the other side with rank 9 max ships.

If they can even out and have half of the other rank 9 max ships in exchange for half of the rank 8 highest ships players, that would be less lob-sided.

Group is another issue, a group with highest ship at rank 7 (across all this group players) and against a group with lowest ship at rank 9.

I don't think the matchmaker takes the highest ship, but simply take the highest tier.  There are more lob-sided games these days, and it is not even close (at least based on my record/experience, not many close game).  Playing along with group is the most horrifying thing at the mean time.

I think it should categorize as (based on their highest ship):

Rank 9 max ship - Category A (good ship, good weapon/module)

Rank 9 non-max ship - Category B (good ship, no good weapon/module)

Anything else - Category C (no good ship, no good weapon/module)

Continue to be lop sided matches.

Match maker choosing a player with only one ship on deck, which is a rank 7 ship.

Opponent is a max rank 9 ship.

The team has lacked equipments, and was passive the whole game.

Just got a game with two real good pilots, Kardan and JCNB. IN THE SAME TEAM! WTf is the MM doing? There was no good player on our side so we got stomped like hell and even campspawened. WTF people WTF?!?11

Happens aaaall the time. If you wanted a matchmaker that's Faaiir when you need it, and with results that won't SHOCK ya, you should have called Jeremy BRussia Team makers.

On 18/08/2016 at 6:52 AM, theNoob said:

Just got a game with two real good pilots, Kardan and JCNB. IN THE SAME TEAM! WTf is the MM doing? There was no good player on our side so we got stomped like hell and even campspawened. WTF people WTF?!?11

Well thank you for the compliment but this must have been a rare match. He and I have been playing the same rank range for a few weeks now and we are almost always on opposite sides.

I see a combination of two things contributing to the low quality of games lately. The 3 rank difference combined with giving the lower ranked player the same weight even tho they are in a considerably poorer ship. An average R10 piloted ship will wipe the floor with a good R7 one. Less of a problem in higher ranks, but for that example there is a wide gulf in passive slots, implants, module cooldowns/power and even some weapon selection.

People complain about waiting in q all the time but this is too far the other way, i get almost insta games whenever i play but the match quality is significantly poorer.

I had 5-6 very unbalanced matchey yesterday afternoon... MM is still very bad. 

On 18.08.2016 at 10:52 AM, theNoob said:

There was no good player on our side

MM thinks that there were, or maybe there were a squad. If they fail to compete Kardan and JCNB this time, it doesn't mean that it will happen next. MM can not be responsible for players actions, it's just manipulating with the stats.

1 hour ago, CinnamonFake said:

MM thinks that there were, or maybe there were a squad. If they fail to compete Kardan and JCNB this time, it doesn't mean that it will happen next. MM can not be responsible for players actions, it's just manipulating with the stats.

That MM "thinking" is the problem... Yesterday 5-6 very unbalanced matches, then it kinda lvld in the evening... Don't know how mm is programed, but is still manages to screw up games big time...

CinnamonFake (Posted )

It's not "thinking" actualy, it just using skill stats to create matches. Skill stats are changing allthe time according to playing

I did an experiment today. I went to R7 to see if I will get another +3 enemy and LOST few games (not on purpose tbh, but if enemy team has all beacons in domination and you just spawn to be spawn killed in seconds, there is not much you can do). My pilot rating went down immediately. After that went with friend to play some R10s. And guess what? R10 games!

1 hour ago, niripas said:

I did an experiment today. I went to R7 to see if I will get another +3 enemy and LOST few games (not on purpose tbh, but if enemy team has all beacons in domination and you just spawn to be spawn killed in seconds, there is not much you can do). My pilot rating went down immediately. After that went with friend to play some R10s. And guess what? R10 games!

Yep, their MM cares way to much about that stupid non Pilot Rating (at least it feels like it does)