Zeta is still broken !

The current pvp "*meta"

Zeta has more resistance, regen, speed than any other destroyer.

Zeta also has the best modules( Crystalline suppressor,Teleportation sphere, Combat shield regenerator )

T he most op combo of all is Plasma burster and Heavy repelling drone.(You can kill everything at insane range and nothing can even get close to abuse the destroyer weakness.)

There is no reason to play any other destroyer and no sign of “balance” at all.

Suggestion to fix this BS(Balanced Ship):

• Reduce max hull hp by 40%
  • Change repelling drone push speed to 100m/s

Max HP nerf so if it gets hit by Plasma Arc and uses its insta warp to late its dead.

Most of the Zeta survivability comes from the regen.

Repelling drone in its current state is way to strong for any destroyer using it.(Any ship capable of dealing real damage isnt fast enough!)

If it wasnt obvious enough, the team with more Zetas ALWAYS wins.

*Garbage

FOR DEVLEOPERS:

IF YOU NERF ZETA, THE RELIC DESTROYER IS GONNA SELL WAY BETTER!

And what else? Maybe complete delete it? Or maybe you are n0.0b who don’t know about it’s big weaknesses like well piloted gunships but of course you aren’t the threat for Ze’Ta otherwise you wouldn’t be writing this pointless post. Maybe stop crying and build it so you could see how irritating is when 1 or 2 gunships destroy you within 10 or less seconds. Any nerf will make Ze’Ta useless (especially the ones you suggested).

1 v 1 me

20201120190634_1.jpg.2751116a010bc5dd6ebace335813a2a9.jpg

Zeta with repelling is completley broken.

Seems more like you like abusing op stuff.

and? Don’t compare players who can kill you 1vs1 even in Axe especially when have 1 of the best engineer ship in group to normal players and besides it’s not 1vs1 and you’re not here and the opponents team looks so weak. That’s a bigger problem with matchmaker than with Ze’Ta.

Full dmg Tharga can kill Zeta very easily but if the Zeta has repelling drones, then there is no way.

It was more of an invitation to a 1 v1 if you wanna try your luck.

Then attack 2 times instead of 1 but hard. Why some ppl are crying cuz gaijin finally make good destroyer who can survive for a while and deal good dmg as befits destroyers.

22 minutes ago, Boczek121 said:

And what else? Maybe complete delete it?

Might as well do that with every other destroyer because they are useless compared to Zeta.

Of course they are underpowered but they should be buffed instead of making Ze’Ta even more useless than other destroyers.

Make destroyers destroyers not soft toilet paper!

Neon, that image with 27 kills has NOTHING to do with Ze’ta. It has everything to do with the personal skills, with how well you master it, if you fit it properly (or not, ha ha). And yes, with the … (hard to find a word here) matchmaking.

There are lots of matches with 15, 20 or  > 25 kills, so it only has to do with your personal skills (or lack of!!). Why have you not considered this, i wonder?

2nd: in that game Ze’ta has an engi, that means A LOT! A dedicated engi, not a random one!! So yeah, no big deal to have >20 kills when you have a corp member always repairing you (they are a team, same corp, you notice that I guess). So what are you trying to say, in fact? :))

3rd: still in that image, the real problem is the matchmaking. Imagine a game where in the 2nd team are a similar Ze’ta and a dedicated engi too. Both from … let’s say P2W, or TCors, or any other strong corp. Imagine how the result would look then. 

Not a fan of topics like this but I gotta add that both plasma bursted AND heavy repelling drones can be used on any destroyer.

IF YOU NERF ZETA, THE RELIC DESTROYER IS GONNA SELL WAY BETTER!

Hey there - one of the dudes that keeps peaking at datamines/leaks - trust me when I say Relic will be able to compete with Ze’ta nerfed or not.

That aside; I’ve been trying to push through balance changes via the community discord and what changes that  were forwarded to the developers  in the past while I retained my voting right role  were completely ignored. The community gave my suggesstions a positive vote (the balance server is both RU and EN) and then on the Developers end the suggestions were completely left out. There wasn’t even a minor implementation which the two major buffs I managed to get forwarded were just regarding mobility - it wasn’t even the rebalance which I’ve brought up multiple times  which will have to happen eventually.

As for Ze’ta - the  ship  doesn’t need any more nerfing; the equipment that goes on it does. More specifically  Crystalline Suppressor  and  Plasma Burster. These two modules are so stupendously powerful there is almost no contest in module and weapon choice if either of them are available for use.

As for why they’re overpowered?

Crystalline Suppressor

• 29 second recharge 
    • The module has the seem AoE denial as Gravitational Lens but has far less cooldown for no reason at all (75 vs 29)

• 4700m activation range
    • The cloud damage alone just leaves gravi lens in the dust as Crystalline Suppressor is far more lethal at similar ranges
  • Ally heal inside the detonation radius
    • Why does this exist at all?
  • Extreme lethality potential
    • Corp members have made multiple clips of Crystalline Suppressor being able to  one shot kill  other Destroyers from full hull
      • All you need to do is clip the module inside their hitbox and activate - congratulations; the enemy died.

Plasma Burster

• Highest base range of all Destroyer weapons (4800m - can easily breach 7km)
  • Inverse spread (grows more accurate while firing
    • This weapon follows the same dynamics of Meson Cannon - why does it have 0 spread upon firing while Meson has 2.8 deg spread?
  • Bonus damage against Destroyers (167% vs 0% for literally everything else)
    • The cloud damage, insane range, damage and accuracy of the weapon already make it ridiculously powerful in 1v1s - why does it need this bonus?
  • Increased base critical damage bonus (75% vs 50% regular modifier)
    • Given the customisability of Ze’ta and the absurd synergy potential of Sirius this weapon  does not need this modifier , it has more than enough going for it.
      • It should either be  reduced to 50%  to match other rapid fire weapons or  reduced  (35%, 25%) to compensate the rest of the weapon’s parameters
  • The weapon’s design “penalty” can be completely ignored
    • The simple fact it is EM completely throws the penalty of a low overheat time out the window - with implants and ship bonuses (EM proj speed) you can use supercooled to no penalty to completely deny the penalty or choose a Sirius and abuse shared cooler to mimic the firing time of  Meson Cannon  with a far more powerful weapon.
      • Compensating  low overheat  with  insane damage  is a horrible design choice as players are able to avoid this native penalty via multiple methods. A lower average range or projectile speed would be more akin to allowing for ridiculously high base damage similar to Singularity cannon.

Basically; F*cking nerf them. Hard.

6 hours ago, DaCookiez said:

let’s say P2W, or TCors, or any other strong corp. Imagine how the result would look then. 

Everyone sitting at 5-7 km range and nothing really happening the whole match.

Just boring for everyone playing, and the guys without plasmaburster get farmed.

49 minutes ago, Neoncreeper1MEDK said:

Everyone sitting at 5-7 km range and nothing really happening the whole match.

Just boring for everyone playing, and the guys without plasmaburster get farmed.

Accurate - seen it happen plenty of times.

Ha ha, I also don’t like topics like that, but:

1. There are LRFs, that couldn’t care less about Plasma burster + Crys. Suppressor; some have torpedoes, so engis are never safe…

2. Derp, why don’t you like the idea that some ships are (or must have) some strong modules?? Why does everything have to nerfed?? It’s a simple fact of life, some people are smarter, some are stronger and so on. Same for dessies. Why nerf them if there are such simple counters, like ECM + tackler + gunship? Problem solved. Again, it comes down to what VERY FEW have: teamplay, teamplay, teamplay!  

3. I suppose you all forgot about the Taikin’s Return Crystal… yes, game over for Zeta, with or without a dedicated engi close to it ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)  Or for the engi :))

Think about the players who don’t have the gun yet, boys!!
There are lots of Ze’ta owners who simply didn’t have the absurd amount of resources to unlock it. I estimate about 5% of Ze’ta owners have it. So nerf something that only 5% (max. 10%) own and use??!! Really??!! To get it it’s very simple: put down 180 eur/usd or win the Tournaments. Money aside, how many play and how many win the tournies?! 

Cheers!

12 minutes ago, DaCookiez said:

There are LRFs

They get killed by plasmaburster or swarmcontrol, only really a threat in dreads.

simple counters, like ECM + tackler + gunship?

3 players to maybe counter one Zeta? Seems kind of too strong.

You still have to think about the other 7 players of the Zeta team.

Taikin’s Return Crystal

Heavy repelling drone

Push speed 550m/s and most Zetas fly 250+

+Insta warp

Still, my original point is that Zeta can do everything better than any other destroyer.

So it should either be nerfed or the others buffed, but as we are gonna get R17 destroyers, i guess thats never gonna happen.

2 hours ago, DaCookiez said:

Ha ha, I also don’t like topics like that, but:

1. There are LRFs, that couldn’t care less about Plasma burster + Crys. Suppressor; some have torpedoes, so engis are never safe…

2. Derp, why don’t you like the idea that some ships are (or must have) some strong modules?? Why does everything have to nerfed?? It’s a simple fact of life, some people are smarter, some are stronger and so on. Same for dessies. Why nerf them if there are such simple counters, like ECM + tackler + gunship? Problem solved. Again, it comes down to what VERY FEW have: teamplay, teamplay, teamplay!  

3. I suppose you all forgot about the Taikin’s Return Crystal… yes, game over for Zeta, with or without a dedicated engi close to it ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)  Or for the engi :))

Think about the players who don’t have the gun yet, boys!!
There are lots of Ze’ta owners who simply didn’t have the absurd amount of resources to unlock it. I estimate about 5% of Ze’ta owners have it. So nerf something that only 5% (max. 10%) own and use??!! Really??!! To get it it’s very simple: put down 180 eur/usd or win the Tournaments. Money aside, how many play and how many win the tournies?! 

Cheers!

• Ellydium ships can close the gap with LRFs very easily let alone Swarm Control can 1 shot LRFs with  collision damage

• A 1 shot kill on a class designed to be  tanky  to  compensate for size  has no place in a PvP game. If you are able to be killed before you can react or comprehend what has happened then it is far out of balance and needs to be reigned in. Plasma Burster and Suppressor fall under this.

• Return Crystal does nothing if you just dragged a giant ball of DPS to your  own team. I’ve had multiple times where a kdinap Tai’kin tried to gank my Tyrant only for me to kill half their team in return.

• We. Don’t. Care. If. People. Have. It. If it is out of balance and needs to be tuned down then it needs to happen. Thar’ga at release was a steep grind wall and in turn those who could scale it could  spawn camp an entire team unassisted. What you’re saying is that that kind of balance is  okay?  Thar’ga release  almost killed the game. We’re trying to make sure Star Conflict  survives.

Neither Plasma Burster nor suppressor are even remotely close to “balanced” in their current states and using the price tag as justification isn’t going to cut it. Plain and simple.

I realize this thread is old but the issue described is still present.

I’ve always been a fanatic for PvP in every online game, shunning PvE. But Zeta and some other recent issues with the game (will make other topics about that later) have pushed me towards enjoying PvE more than PvP most of the time. That’s quite the achievement, but not a good one.

Zeta, or aspects of the ship, needs a massive nerf. Obviously it shouldn’t be nerfed into the ground, I don’t have any problem with it remaining the most powerful destroyer, and one of the most powerful ships overall. Currently it is simply OP though, as OP as no other ship has ever been during my time in this game (I understand that Tharga was even more OP upon release but that was before my time). Even ships that are or have been frequently complained about such as Wolfhound, Taikin or Stingray are nothing compared to Zeta.

No matter what type of PvP, the team with more endgame (all or most nodes unlocked) Zetas will win. Always. (And it doesn’t even require skill - there are plenty of pilots out there who get absolutely annihilated by every other player no matter what ship they are flying - until they get out their Zeta, and suddenly they are the king of the match.)

1) Plasma Burster. Range far too high. Damage too high (and that’s without the extra effects the weapon has). Has EM damage for synergy with Photon Emitter, which no other viable dessie weapon has (GTharDu and Halo are useless in pvp).

2) Crystaline Suppressor. It has received a small nerf recently (flight speed reduced by quite a lot). But it’s still too fast. You know that powerful long-range skill dessies have, called Photon Emitter? It’s so strong every dessie has it equipped, even if they don’t use EM weapons. Yeah, CS still flies at 3 times the speed while doing way more damage. You can evade a PE shot even with a bulky LRF, no chance of evading CS even with a nimble interceptor. Getting hit by PE hurts, getting hit by CS is a oneshot for most ships. Nerf that thing. Hard.

3) Mobility. Zeta is way too fast for a dessie. In addition to that, it has tele sphere. This combination allows it to pretty much ignore the only defensive weaknesses the dessie class has: getting locked down in place by Gravi Lens or similar, and things like plasma arc or stingray overdrive.

4) Regeneration/Resistances. Zeta has way too much of both. If you get any other dessie down to 50% HP, they remain heavily damaged for a long time. If you get a Zeta down to 50% HP, it teleports and flies away, then returns a few seconds later at full HP.

5) Swarm (in attack mode). Swarm is way too fast, way too mobile, deals far too much damage, the collision effect is OP. It’s hard to track as it doesn’t have an icon on the radar. “Killing” it isn’t even rewarding. Depending on how the dessie pilot uses that swarm (via spec module, or via Swarm Control), the dessie itself can either still shoot and move as usual while the swarm does its thing, or it heals up rapidly while the swarm does its thing. That’s simply too much.