WTF: T1/2/3 with T5/6

WTF: Why. This inst balance, you can give them 5000% damage and it STILL wont do a darn thing to match pilot skill at T5/T6 this is a stupid change! Tier gaps are there for a reason! I’ve seen 23 DC from <T3 pilots TODAY(as of writing this) this just goes to show these developers have no clue how to balance and I’m 99% sure they don’t even play their own game! 

Problem solver; OPEN TEST SERVER TO SEE RADICAL CHANGES BEFORE THEY HAPPEN!

That means that balance is right where it should be TBH.  You are saying that R15/16s are OP, others are saying that R5s OP, I saw a person that was flying only R10s as they are OP. So if  every rank is OP, then I am fine with it.

1 hour ago, niripas said:

That means that balance is right where it should be TBH.  You are saying that R15/16s are OP, others are saying that R5s OP, I saw a person that was flying only R10s as they are OP. So if  every rank is OP, then I am fine with it.

No Niripas… no… that’s not the point T5 pilots can use r5/6 ships duh I’m talking about the NEW ONES! Brand new t1-2-3 players is the issue! If thats in the game then it needs to be taken out! Biggest gap should be T1-2 T3-4 T5-6 

2 tiers in one game

NOT 5!

Ships are not the issue ARchelon and Reaper etc have advantages but it’s the SKILL lack therefor of actually*

No need to get upset. 

Just check  _ This ; _   [Link](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/21994-the-star-conflict-comic/)  and relax.

I’m afraid that _ Grumpy Gus _ is still here.

47 minutes ago, IFreakinLoveBass said:

No Niripas… no… that’s not the point T5 pilots can use r5/6 ships duh I’m talking about the NEW ONES! Brand new t1-2-3 players is the issue! If thats in the game then it needs to be taken out! Biggest gap should be T1-2 T3-4 T5-6 

2 tiers in one game

NOT 5!

Ships are not the issue ARchelon and Reaper etc have advantages but it’s the SKILL lack therefor of actually*

So? DUH, new ones will not face pros. Ask John. They can face R15s, but last report I checked R5 pilot with 230 battles and w/l of 0.86 was facing Jag pilot with w/l of 0.68 and 180 PvP battles.

Also if someone is flying Archelon and Reaper it means that they are already know how to play this game (in opposite to one person on this forum that last time was trying top play covert ops T5 and basically caused his team to lose on points. Then he pointed at the R6 engie yelling that it was that rookie’s fault.

25 minutes ago, niripas said:

So? DUH, new ones will not face pros. Ask John. They can face R15s, but last report I checked R5 pilot with 230 battles and w/l of 0.86 was facing Jag pilot with w/l of 0.68 and 180 PvP battles.

Also if someone is flying Archelon and Reaper it means that they are already know how to play this game (in opposite to one person on this forum that last time was trying top play covert ops T5 and basically caused his team to lose on points. Then he pointed at the R6 engie yelling that it was that rookie’s fault.

![:blink:](< base_url >/uploads/emoticons/blink.gif “:blink:”)  ![:007_3:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_3.png “:007_3:”)  ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

I have lot of laughs here.

Niri my friend if someone has w/l of 0.68 he does not know how to play.  ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

that was his point :

230 battles and w/l of 0.86 was facing Jag pilot with w/l of 0.68 and 180 PvP battles

2 hours ago, SunnySweet said:

![:blink:](< base_url >/uploads/emoticons/blink.gif “:blink:”)  ![:007_3:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_3.png “:007_3:”)  ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

I have lot of laughs here.

Niri my friend if someone has w/l of 0.68 he does not know how to play.  ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

And you dont know how to read ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

3 hours ago, xKostyan said:

And you dont know how to read ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

![:fed014:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/fed014.png “:fed014:”)  Read Emoticons  ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

Don’t be so grumpy  ![:beee:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/beee.gif “:beee:”)

![:secret:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/secret.gif “:secret:”)_ GG _

On 3/11/2018 at 11:00 PM, SunnySweet said:

![:fed014:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/fed014.png “:fed014:”)  Read Emoticons  ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

Don’t be so grumpy  ![:beee:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/beee.gif “:beee:”)

![:secret:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/secret.gif “:secret:”)_ GG _

Kostyan won’t stop, all he wants to do is scream they’re balanced, he just wants to break the game even more. Whoever suggested this ‘tier joining’ is an absolute moron that needs to literally wuit the game. Nobody in their right MIND would make this change. If I was a  developer I’d find other ways to increase population of pvp and reduce queue times, this changed is suggested by a moron. These guns aren’t too far off as well.

18 hours ago, SnerpDeg said:

If I was a  developer

if you were a developer, or game designer, you would understand why they try to achieve this.

many people have said they would have designed the game from the ground up to be tierless, especially also people who are interested into game design. the last i can remember was swifter.

if you were a developer, or interested in real competitive gaming, you would have cried in the first place, that the initial design of the game had increasing stats per rank, because it would have hurt your inner creative heart or your sense of fairness.

because honestly, having 15 ranks of increasing stats for a pvp game is moronic, and only for the money.

no competitive pvp game does this, except “world of…” games, which only repeat their content for the purpose of making you grind so you pay your way up. most of those solutions are already failing, or never took off, and are mostly by wargaming.

you only find such mechanics nowadays (or ever) in coop games or pve games, or games which bring pvp only at the end of the grind (mmorpg)

its just a very strange way to get to that solution, what is done now. but its not that bad. and certainly it does not break the game so much as you cry about, the problems are as always more the new items, guns and ships, not the mixing.

also note that grumpy gus has nothing to do with this. the problem grumpy gus had with tier mixing was exactly the opposite: he wanted to farm people with his superb toys in higher ranks, and wanted to change players behaviour, who stayed in t3, where most of the stuff was affordable and balanced, and could be reached with casual gameplay. because back then 80% of the playerbase had fully purple kitted t3 ships, and did not move on to t4, because grumpy gus was there, farming them with things they would have to grind for another 3 months.

grumpy gus did not want tier mixing with bonuses to lower tier ships. he wanted his toys to be superior. he wanted to feel special if he has a r15 ship. who is gus now.

i personally would have prefered a 3-tier solution, changing much of the item leveling also to pve specific bonuses. i do think r1-4 are not viable, with r5 only partly viable, in a tierless meta. also i personally do not like the lack of transparency of the bonuses, because it leaves fitting a occult mysterical knowledge. and i miss the good old golden time of t3 / r9. but its not the end of the world.

Why do I support tiers:

Because even with all bonuses that you can imagine new player (not some veteran that make alt account) that play this game for day or week or even month can’t be equal to veteran players by skill.

SO THIS NEW NO SKILL PLAYERS ARE FOOD FOR GRUMPY GUS AND WILL ALWAYS BE WITH ONE OR TWO TIER SYSTEM.

I agree that even three tiers will be better than this.

Perhaps system that new players can play until R7-9 and can not be matched against veteran players.

Now why I don’t support buffs for low rank ships against high rank ships:

Because player can get R1-5 ship in one day even if he is worst player that can be. To get R15 ships player need much more time and resources.

So how is this fair and logical to buff low rank ships? (Simple announcement we don’t have enough players is only logical here) 

Not just to veteran players but also to new ones since when they get all R15 ships they will be veterans as well and they will ask them self why the xxxx did we play and grind for this ship if first day R5+ buffs feel better in pvp? 

Which ever game I played and game had level upgrade system or expiriance system with each level you get better tools (be this car or weapon or ship)

This is first games that buffs start sh it to make it equal to best tools in game.

So for no level game:

Make all ships to be same rank. Call them R1 or 25  I don’t care and make them to have equal amount of passive and active modules to be able to use all crew implants and to have just one rank modules and weapons. Make all ships to need same amount of synergy and resources to be leveled up. Make all ships available from start of game.

Ect…

1 hour ago, GatoGrande said:

This is first games that buffs start sh it to make it equal to best tools in game.

no its not, countless games have equalizing mechanics; its fairly common even in mmorpgs to raise your level temporarily if you enter a pvp zone.

that means your health stats and similar will be raised to equal levels, as well as your spells and weapon efficiency, not however the amount of choices / spells / available weapons.

Which ever game I played and game had level upgrade system or expiriance system with each level you get better tools (be this car or weapon or ship)

name me a game which has such systems in pvp. pretty please.

Because even with all bonuses that you can imagine new player (not some veteran that make alt account) that play this game for day or week or even month can’t be equal to veteran players by skill.

then he will play in another queue, because he will be queued by skill level / experience, not by ship

if first day R5+ buffs feel better in pvp? 

they dont

To get R15 ships player need much more time and resources.

so what. this makes the ship better in coop / pve, how does time and resources invested correlate with pvp games?

even with 3 tiers, where do we draw lines? why are there then stronger and weaker ships in the same tier?

even with 3 tiers, you need some overhaul, some work, to make all ranks in a tier kind of equal.

it will not completely remove the question for the normalization buffs.

as much as i loved r9 gameplay, r7 was a useless rank in that tier. those ships just were there to grind over. once you got rid of them, they just ate dust. occasionally you would take out a silent fox to rofl in t3, but otherwise, most r8 were weak, why would you take a r7?

same with r10. nobody used those. i mean, yeah, most of the time, nobody even used the whole r10-12, because t4 was basicly just a farming tier for takamina most of the time.

r13. there was the mauler. the rest? dump. well, in t5, even r15 were less used. but that was also balance issues, at least, jerri fighters were complete garbage, except the craftable ships.

On 3/14/2018 at 8:30 PM, g4borg said:

even with 3 tiers, where do we draw lines? why are there then stronger and weaker ships in the same tier?

even with 3 tiers, you need some overhaul, some work, to make all ranks in a tier kind of equal.

it will not completely remove the question for the normalization buffs.

A simple way to handle it is to redefine what tiers mean.

Instead of tiers of power, they could be tiers of customization, with the lowest tier of ships having very basic options, and the higher ones sacrificing some power for specialization.

It wouldn’t be that drastic of a change, low rank ships already have restricted weapon and module options, but it’d help cutting out the middleman that is the flawed stat adjustment system.

Hell, with a system like that(all ships roughly equal in power), it’d be pretty viable to make each ship have a variant for each tier(since there’d be 3-4 of those, instead of 17 ranks), rather than forcing a change of aesthetic along with progression.