Wolfhound

wolfhound.jpg.ff9b066d7ef85a92240659d87b57fe10.jpg

If you want to make Wolfhound balanced with the current “meta” of modules n stupid weapons that are going around, can you please atleast let the wolfhound have this module?

It’s stupid that Stringray can have both hull regen and shield while Wolfhound is a weak joke atm. And its not helping by making the special module more powerfull, need smth that makes it survive longer if its supposed to go in and dogfight n stuff.

[@Akaurl](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/241018-akaurl/)

[@CinnamonFake](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/257821-cinnamonfake/)

[@Shrike221](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/247622-shrike221/)

Yes please, i totally agree… it just can’t be that stingray is stronger than Wolfhound… it’s just unfair.

NO!

NO FUN FOR HIGH RANK SHIPS !!!

20 minutes ago, Rakza said:

NO!

NO FUN FOR HIGH RANK SHIPS !!!

But… :,(

Careful what you wish for - I dont see a reason why free 8-9k homing missile ship need any sort of buffs.

And Stingray isnt much more survivable than fathound even with those 2 modules - it helps against plasma webs and maybe plasma guns, but gauss, deconstructor and tacklers still wreck it.

That’s why Stingays are going for “Deimos Engine/Combat Reboot/Hull Restoration System and Singularity Cannon”

And probably Autorepair/Kinetic Shield Adapter

7 minutes ago, Rakza said:

That’s why Stingays are going for “Deimos Engine/Combat Reboot/Hull Restoration System and Singularity Cannon”

And probably Autorepair/Kinetic Shield Adapter

With all that front blaster infestation, Thar’kt and Shrapnel Cloud is more effective.

36 minutes ago, Rob40468 said:

With all that front blaster infestation, Thar’kt and Shrapnel Cloud is more effective.

I tried the Homing Laser, which is interesting too but Tackler (Fighter in General) and me aren’t best buddy xD

1 hour ago, Rob40468 said:

Careful what you wish for - I dont see a reason why free 8-9k homing missile ship need any sort of buffs.

And Stingray isnt much more survivable than fathound even with those 2 modules - it helps against plasma webs and maybe plasma guns, but gauss, deconstructor and tacklers still wreck it.

Im not asking for a special module buff, im asking for ship survivability and the module im suggesting helps with that. Stingray can survive far better than Wolfhound currently does, if you die by a tackler in that ship you suck.

1 hour ago, Rob40468 said:

Dreamer… your “free” 8-9k homing missiles come at the cost of -60% special module efficiancy, compared to other gunships, that don’t have the missiles. And besides, it’s not like those missiles will ever hit something agile. Meanwhile any frigate class will just suck the damage up like nothing. Archangel may be cool, but it is certainly nothing to cry about.

Stingray can heal itself back up ti full health in a few seconds by just going full speed, and you call that not much more survivable than wolfie, which can’t do anything besides popping those 4k heals every minute?

15 minutes ago, Flash0914 said:

Dreamer… your “free” 8-9k homing missiles come at the cost of -60% special module efficiancy, compared to other gunships, that don’t have the missiles.

I’d love to see your math on -60%

1 hour ago, DeathWasp said:

Im not asking for a special module buff, im asking for ship survivability and the module im suggesting helps with that. Stingray can survive far better than Wolfhound currently does, if you die by a tackler in that ship you suck.

Blame the bonus system since Stingray is R10.

1 hour ago, xKostyan said:

Hello,

I would like to sacrifice this 60% of my Phase Shield to shoot missile while pressing it too.

Thank you !

1 hour ago, DeathWasp said:

Stingray can survive far better than Wolfhound currently does

i can only speak from the killing side, since no hound yet, but it is far more impressive how a wolfhound can escape due to its speed

both are very squisshy tho, and “far better” is a bit of an overstatement.

stingray is only special since its one of the only fed gunships, which does not completely suck atm., it does not have godlike abilities either.

2 hours ago, DeathWasp said:

if you die by a tackler in that ship you suck.

o _ O

now now, tacklers are effective against a stingray

its not always the one who makes the last shot who caused your death…

you should listen to terrorblade more. ^^

5 hours ago, DeathWasp said:

can you please atleast let the wolfhound have this module?

i would make unique modules double as accessible by ships anyway (so expand their usability to one other ship each)

and treat most craftables as premiums

so in general i would not mind

i still suspect this is only an experimentation phase.

4 hours ago, xKostyan said:

My bad 25% not 20% then it is -50%

3 hours ago, Flash0914 said:

My bad 25% not 20% then it is -50%

now, do you mind translating those oh so huge percentages into actual useful values? you know, like fire rate on a singularity/assault rails, DPS difference on a valid build on the main gun, compare that potential difference to a potential dmg of Wolfhound missiles etc.

9 hours ago, Rakza said:

…(Fighter in General) and me aren’t best buddy xD

me too: I tried the Wolfhound but I fly it like a frigate, its terrible, I die so shamefully fast ^^ …

6 hours ago, g4borg said:

i would make unique modules double as accessible by ships anyway (so expand their usability to one other ship each)

and treat most craftables as premiums

so in general i would not mind

i still suspect this is only an experimentation phase.

yes

17 hours ago, xKostyan said:

now, do you mind translating those oh so huge percentages into actual useful values? you know, like fire rate on a singularity/assault rails, DPS difference on a valid build on the main gun, compare that potential difference to a potential dmg of Wolfhound missiles etc.

Please… you can do the math…

Normal gunship in overdrive:

150% efficiancy

Wolfie in archangel:

125% efficiancy + 6 cool but most of the time useless missiles

4 hours ago, Flash0914 said:

Please… you can do the math…

Normal gunship in overdrive:

150% efficiancy

Wolfie in archangel:

125% efficiancy + 6 cool but most of the time useless missiles

If you are finding those missiles mostly useless that means you are trying to use Wolfhound for something it is not, I would’ve put Archangel on a Mjolnir/Spark/Piranha in a heartbeat, hitting fighters for 23k thermal dmg is pretty good, 29k on frigates.

those 25% “efficiency” difference is only really noticeable in fire rate, let’s say you run it under Crit buff, and your main weapon does about 6 000 dps for 8 seconds, so in an ideal situation with 100% accuracy you are looking at 12 000 dmg difference done in 8 seconds (15k in case of explosive weapon vs frigates). And in reality 25% fire rate =/= 25% more dmg, since fire shortens overheating cycle, effectively reducing dps over prolonged time

9 hours ago, xKostyan said:

If you are finding those missiles mostly useless that means you are trying to use Wolfhound for something it is not, I would’ve put Archangel on a Mjolnir/Spark/Piranha in a heartbeat, hitting fighters for 23k thermal dmg is pretty good, 29k on frigates.

those 25% “efficiency” difference is only really noticeable in fire rate, let’s say you run it under Crit buff, and your main weapon does about 6 000 dps for 8 seconds, so in an ideal situation with 100% accuracy you are looking at 12 000 dmg difference done in 8 seconds (15k in case of explosive weapon vs frigates). And in reality 25% fire rate =/= 25% more dmg, since fire shortens overheating cycle, effectively reducing dps over prolonged time

I very much agree on the arcangel . It’s a very good overdrive allowing you to win most if not all fight against other fighter , and to surprise frigates and dessy with a huge burst