What we are missing in Rank 16-17

As you guys know, we have some 16-17 ranks in the tech tree.
And if you feel something looks empty in those ranks, yes that’s what I gonna suggest now.

We don’t have Rank 16-17 Empire Recon, Fighter, Jericho Covert ops, Federation Tackler, since first rank 16-17 appeared.

Some would say " Calm down man, they will make them in some day."
But, I have to point out this: Empire Long Range has already two 16-17 in tech tree, while not telling player those are in progress, makes those lovers very frustrated.
Some may even feel that Devs are pushing specific play style that they don’t want to play at all.

Of course, we already know Devs are doing hard job, but this is somewhat disappointment.
It will be great to make those things first, if devs are planning new rank 16-17 ships.

Calm down man, they will make them in some day. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

31 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

Calm down man, they will make them in some day. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Yeah, of course I’m not angry XD
But as I saw my wording again, looks like very offending.
I will change my wording into smooth one.

*edited*

2 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Well until that day and the day I finally get hit with NDA I’m just gonna be spewin out info I shouldn’t.

Like how currently unreleased in the game files/WIP is a Rank 17 Empire Destroyer and a Rank 16 Federation Guard.
Which by the way - why another guard tho and why no 17 Fighters still?

Nothing offending there really, all i see is a request for more ships.

4 minutes ago, TheDerpNukem said:

Well until that day and the day I finally get hit with NDA I’m just gonna be spewin out info I shouldn’t.

Like how currently unreleased in the game files/WIP is a Rank 17 Empire Destroyer and a Rank 16 Federation Guard.
Which by the way - why another guard tho and why no 17 Fighters still?

4by8tk.jpg

1 hour ago, TheDerpNukem said:

Rank 17 Empire Destroyer 

Just a minor suggestion here:

Please don’t make a sitting duck! Make at least 200m/s without speed module.
In PvP all I can see destroyers are Ze’ta that can at least fly 200m/s.

Well but theoretically, this is exactly the job of a dessie: to be a sitting duck and provide great firepower (remember “suppressor”). Just it should be a sitting duck with support ships around it. But since the team-play concept is not encouraged (i wonder why), only personal stats and medals, it seems lots of pilots forget these details. So a “Formula 1” dessie would be some sort of experiment i guess

1 hour ago, DaCookiez said:

Well but theoretically, this is exactly the job of a dessie: to be a sitting duck and provide great firepower (remember “suppressor”). Just it should be a sitting duck with support ships around it. But since the team-play concept is not encouraged (i wonder why), only personal stats and medals, it seems lots of pilots forget these details. So a “Formula 1” dessie would be some sort of experiment i guess

Yes you are right in theoretically.
In real battle dessies are having trouble moving from beacon to beacon for example in the beacon hunt mode.
Even if I was with supporters, I cannot catch up with them without “wormhole projector” thing.
Of course even with the “wormhole projector”, you can be in tricky situation, where all the supporters are dispersed.
Then there is very little chance to protect yourself from zip zip interceptors attack.
Plus high repair cost and long re spawn time makes you hesitate to play classic dessies.
That’s why everyone is doing “Formula 1” dessie instead of classic one you mentioned above.

On 8/19/2020 at 1:30 PM, CutieSP said:

Just a minor suggestion here:

Please don’t make a sitting duck! Make at least 200m/s without speed module.
In PvP all I can see destroyers are Ze’ta that can at least fly 200m/s.

Nope. Empire ships are not about speed.

Ze’Ta is stronger than every other destroyer and everybody knows that, I wouldn’t call it problems just with Ze’Ta but with entire destroyer class. Sirius can also be fast but not as fast and also lacks everything else Ze’Ta has. Ze’Ta has teleportation sphere (instant 2k jump) and crystalline suppressor that is extremely powerful area denial weapon which unlike gravi lens is advantageous for your allies and yourself when you are in it and that module’s missiles can be devastating. In my short history of conquest(Gungnir grind) with Ze’Ta it was insanely easier to escape from surprise Plasma Arc of someone who came to you with Adaptive Camo. Not saying that these are “I win” items in that situation but with correct usage they gave chance to repel the attacker with low damage taken like no other destroyer. Ze’Ta first special module(the one with turret etc.) has also swarm that can damage enemies in close range so surprise attack without destroying swarm first are trickier.

Destroyers lack good close range items and under 1000m your hope is the mistake of attackers. As a bonus, you receive more damage from enemies under 1000m. I think that getting rid of that penalty would be a good thing. The role of “suppressor” class is I don’t know, “mid-long range harassment”? Adding too many good close range items would mean that it becomes something else. The idea is nice but a ship too dependent on ally support will be always flawed. Maybe the whole “suppressor” thing should be dropped or maybe some new classes should be introduced. Or maybe make destroyers multiclass ships with ability to choose the desired class(in a way like you choose Elly special module) that would allow to install different set of new non-suppressor items together with some class-specific passive bonuses so you have to choose which role you want to play. Or maybe add 5th and 6th active item slot reserved for turretless buff/debuff modules, move multiphase shield to these slots and add new items.

So, long story short, destroyers should be overhauled. Simple adding or removing stat numbers won’t balance them.

15 hours ago, Gon009 said:

Nope. Empire ships are not about speed.

Ze’Ta is stronger than every other destroyer and everybody knows that, I wouldn’t call it problems just with Ze’Ta but with entire destroyer class. Sirius can also be fast but not as fast and also lacks everything else Ze’Ta has. Ze’Ta has teleportation sphere (instant 2k jump) and crystalline suppressor that is extremely powerful area denial weapon which unlike gravi lens is advantageous for your allies and yourself when you are in it and that module’s missiles can be devastating. In my short history of conquest(Gungnir grind) with Ze’Ta it was insanely easier to escape from surprise Plasma Arc of someone who came to you with Adaptive Camo. Not saying that these are “I win” items in that situation but with correct usage they gave chance to repel the attacker with low damage taken like no other destroyer. Ze’Ta first special module(the one with turret etc.) has also swarm that can damage enemies in close range so surprise attack without destroying swarm first are trickier.

Destroyers lack good close range items and under 1000m your hope is the mistake of attackers. As a bonus, you receive more damage from enemies under 1000m. I think that getting rid of that penalty would be a good thing. The role of “suppressor” class is I don’t know, “mid-long range harassment”? Adding too many good close range items would mean that it becomes something else. The idea is nice but a ship too dependent on ally support will be always flawed. Maybe the whole “suppressor” thing should be dropped or maybe some new classes should be introduced. Or maybe make destroyers multiclass ships with ability to choose the desired class(in a way like you choose Elly special module) that would allow to install different set of new non-suppressor items together with some class-specific passive bonuses so you have to choose which role you want to play. Or maybe add 5th and 6th active item slot reserved for turretless buff/debuff modules, move multiphase shield to these slots and add new items.

So, long story short, destroyers should be overhauled. Simple adding or removing stat numbers won’t balance them.

Dessies are very situational. It helps to have one of them in sector conquest, but 2 or 3 of any type is just asking for enemy team taking 2-3 gunships and giving them a win. I don’t see any dessie fitting in normal PvP (maybe for beacon denial) because of total lack of teamplay there. I would allow retrofitting Ze’ta actives on conventional destroyers and add them a side- short jump module similar to Ze’ta’s. Regarding CQC - dessies have a protection against it - repelling drones. They can almost nullify covertops approach, gunships can break through (drones are especially useful in seccon due to shorter range of weapons).