What do you think of leagues?

I don’t know about you, but I think leagues is  VERY UNFAIR  due to several reasons.

First off, have you looked at the leagues final brackets? Everyone is predetermined!

They are giving out one of a kind items to 3 groups of people, “Oh, well just fight your way to first place!” thats literally impossible, the teams are predetermined…

Nobody but said teams even has a chance! “Well it says random on there, maybe 1 team who isn’t listed will be randomly selected to have a chance!” Random is the name of a team…

There’s countless people out there who have at least 4 tier 5 ships maybe even some rank 15, who never had a chance in the first place! If you don’t know how Leagues works, you need a team of AT THE LEAST 5 people to even enter queue. There are people like me, who have decent rank 15 ships who REALLY want to do leagues so they don’t miss out on anything, but have to miss out because they cant form a league team! “Well that’s their fault that they cant do it” Yea, it is their fault (my fault too) that everyone they know is already in a league team, thinks leagues is a dumb waste of time, or don’t have tier 5. They need to let other people have a chance to compete as well, people with leagues get a chance at extra gold standards, achievements, merchandise, paint jobs, titles and bragging rights, while everyone else gets to sit around not having a clue what is going on because they don’t even have a team. Oh yea, and they keep doing server maintenance during leagues battles, just throwing this out there, that should be rescheduled…

I don’t know how too fix this, make it fairer to the rest of the players, I’m not saying this is going to have to happen, MORE THAN LIKELY WILL NOT HAPPEN AT ALL, but a possible solution is for players to be able to apply to a league group, or have random league groups created.

I have no idea what I’m doing, I’m just ranting even though my opinions don’t matter, not even making good points, but the point is, leagues isn’t very fair, and I’m not the only one who thinks that.

So I ask you this, after reading through my rant, which I doubt anyone actually did, probably just skimmed over it due to how bad it was, What do you think of leagues?

The whole point is that you find a team, make one or join, train newbies to be good or draft pros. This is a “competitive mode”, every one who has reached t5 has a chance to participate, there is no pay wall.

there are hundreds of people online during NA leagues, and hundreds of them are not in the teams, majority of them are not even able to be online during other league hours. Go out there and make a team, do you think if you just sit on your xxxx, someone will come to you and ask you to join their team - ain’t gonna happen unless you are someone like players in those top 8 teams.

This is for good pilots. If you can’t take other ppl in leagues, don’t play. It’s a competitive game mode. 

so u want be put in random team w/o communication and get top place? fighting vs organized players with voice communication which played shitload games together? GL M8

The thing is, if you aren’t a good pilot, you won’t find a good team. There’s nothing unfair about some players being bad. 

As soon as I saw it, I thought: Yeah ruski players with 5 ping only k not clicking it.

League play was the alternative to the kill squads of DNO, DESU, Nova and WPK that dominated PvP consistently, making it impossible to play a winning game. The difference is, now, instead of playing for free, the elites have to compete to get the top prize against other elites, without the Ace teams involved.

It’s called, we complained, and the developers did something about it.

Dat necro.

I’d love to play leagues, and so apparently do 20 USA-based NASA players according to a survey we sent out, but sadly no one ever plays during NA hours…

I have heard from some little birdies though that apparently the SCL finals will be monthly from now on. I hope this gives people incentive to play for the great rewards - having fun with your league team for 40 monocrystals and 1500-4500 GS is werf it to me.

According to this way of thinking they should ban from their national football leagues: teams like Bayern, Juventus, Barcellona, Real.

They keep winning! Lets’ blame them, not the fact that the other teams sucks!

Astonishing how complains from people that are real bad at a game, can influence gameplay so much.

Bah. GG. Seriously.

Same teams, tactics, maps, times, ship selection, game mode. Dull.

Not even the allure of monos can get people back into this. Had message the other day from only other team in Q asking if i was in a league team. Not to join them but to try and form another team so they would actually get a game. I am in a league team so rules mean no league game for either of us.

Not that i would. Tells me a great deal that ppl whined a lot bout losing out on 3 guaranteed mono a day but couldnt care less about playing league for 10 times that amount.

According to this way of thinking they should ban from their national football leagues: teams like Bayern, Juventus, Barcellona, Real.

I dont think this is a great example, those are championships and “randoms” are not allowed there plus bad teams still get paid to suck it up, while in lowere “leagues” the best and the worst teams are separated from each other.

The day you will be pick up random dudes on the street and allowed to participate in alongside with those teams, will be the day I’ll say you are correct.

Astonishing how complains from people that are real bad at a game, can influence gameplay so much.

Bah. GG. Seriously.

Forza Milan , Forza Hajduk Split!!!

Forza Milan , Forza Hajduk Split!!!

yeah, they both sux

I dont think this is a great example, those are championships and “randoms” are not allowed there plus bad teams still get paid to suck it up, while in lowere “leagues” the best and the worst teams are separated from each other.

The day you will be pick up random dudes on the street and allowed to participate in alongside with those teams, will be the day I’ll say you are correct.

Every national league have different sharing revenue rules, but in main leagues it works like this: 90% of teams are not payed enough not even to cover 1/3 of all the money they pay every season to their own players.

So yes, they don’t get payed and they keep loosing 'cause they sucks.

National leagues are not “champions leagues” where only the best teams are allowed. There are some sort of "tiers. Based on the positioning in the last season.

And there are also national tournaments like fa cup where pretty much every team that at least have a playground, can partecipate.

Back to sc: I always had concerns about " focusing randoms for the win". That happened a lot when there were uber squads around, but guess what? Still happening now.

Want to win? Farm the nabs, even ifbyou don’t win the game you will end up as the best player of your team… I always hated this, but removing squads didn’t improved the situation a single bit further. Just boosted some kids ego with some more kills using ships fitted only for “solo play”.

For the record: I hate shooting sitting ducks It’s boring. And not at all a measure of skills.

That’s why I found the actual situation of pvp really bad. 

yeah, they both sux

sad but true… but Hajduk has by far the best supporters out there

Every national league have different sharing revenue rules, but in main leagues it works like this: 90% of teams are not payed enough not even to cover 1/3 of all the money they pay every season to their own players.

So yes, they don’t get payed and they keep loosing 'cause they sucks.

National leagues are not “champions leagues” where only the best teams are allowed. There are some sort of "tiers. Based on the positioning in the last season.

And there are also national tournaments like fa cup where pretty much every team that at least have a playground, can partecipate.

yet it does not your comparison any more valid.

yet it does not your comparison any more valid.

Don’t think you get how tournaments and championship work everywhere except north america. You can’t compare players from t3 up to amateur sport players, that is t1/2.

Btw randoms get bashed in lower tiers (in game that have such mechanic) or in regular pvp: since when multiplayer got invented.

Here in sc, by removing squads and teamplay  and introducing leagues: they didn’t "invented the solution noone thought about’. Just made an horrible decision trying to correct something that can’t be corrected at all at 100%. It can only improve by making teamplay rewarding for everyone _and _by making stat farm less important instead of having fun playing with proper opponents.

I spent 25 years living in USSR and in post soviet countries, i know how all of that works, precisely why I am saying that you comparing Bundesliga/ Serie A to SCs random PvP is wayyyy off.

League play was the alternative to the kill squads of DNO, DESU, Nova and WPK that dominated PvP consistently, making it impossible to play a winning game. The difference is, now, instead of playing for free, the elites have to compete to get the top prize against other elites, without the Ace teams involved.

DESU didn’t even wanted to play in the finals… No incentives, few tactics - it’s so repetitive that it’s boring. You are waiting for 75% of the game for error from the enemy team, or countering rushes. Boring!. Add to this that there were just a few squads active at all in this “season” (one of them was just created from RedSky pilots) and you will know why this game mode is dead. So yeah, it was interesting few months ago, now you can just get the same few top teams every month, do the lottery and don’t bother with taking GMs and CMs from their important tasks. Oh, and the finals were watched on EN stream by 10 (ten) people (yeah, I was one of them), commentator is not playing leagues, so he didn’t know what is going on etc. Oh, one more thing is missing - resetting the leaderboards after the finals. If Desu wouldn’t disbanded League teams, we would have top three places in the rankings. So - new season - tabula rasa. 

I spent 25 years living in USSR and in post soviet countries, i know how all of that works, precisely why I am saying that you comparing Bundesliga/ Serie A to SCs random PvP is wayyyy off.

I didn’t compared them O_O.

You did it, then i followed you in another pointless discussion for the joy of “old time endless discussion” tickling me again.

All I said is: the problem was not the squads mechanic, was the fact that Ace never stop whining when they get bashed (for a good reason which is plaine and simple: their team and themself: suck, squad or not squad that won’t change). Something that happens also in real sports.

“They win too much”, let’s remove those guys too skilled from the contest!