Waz'Got - Guide & Review

[FRIGATE: ENGINEER] - WazGot, Ellydium Corp.

WAZ’GOT REVIEW

LEGACY : The Engineer sub-class of  the Frigate class of ships in SC has a legacy almost of its own kind. It has seen a wonderful diversity of ship designs and a great deal of love was put into it, resulting in some fine premium ships, like the ‘Honor’ and the ‘Valor’, and one Special Project ship, the ‘Octopus’.  Even the standard engineer ship ‘Styx’ got an upgrade on its ‘Styx combat drones’and stands out of the line, now. Together with the premium steam DLC ship [‘Phoenix’](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/32586-engineer-phoenix-guide/), the Styx is regarded as top of the line below T5.

Spoiler

[Star Conflict - Styx engineer gameplay]:

Spoiler

[Star Conflict - Phoenix engineer gameplay]:

Spoiler

ENGINEER EVOLVED : Since [Star Conflict Evolution v.1.4.5](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/34158-star-conflict-145-engineer-evolved/), the lead now is given over to a recently introduced Ellydium frigate, the ‘Waz’Got’.

It has some remarkable new features. It got new innovative engineer special module drones, new modules and new weapons.

But what about other aspects of its design, specs, and its usability? And what about its further development stages as  Mark II, III, IV, and V?

Spoiler

Part 1 - Wazgot I

Spoiler

[The Wazgot I (ranks 5-8)](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/34158-star-conflict-145-engineer-evolved/)

598f78cfbafe6_WazgotI.jpg.6d43fae0d985d895811729e43a5c045a.jpg

[Wazgot I (rank5-15), Ellydium station hangar; its shape and form resembles an Ichthyosaur like the Eurhinosaurus]

How does the Waz’Got fit in to the top line of the frigate:engineer class of ships in Star Conflict?

Up to rank 6 the Waz’Got mark I (or Wazgot I in short) has two main rivals in its sub-class, namely the ‘Hydra 2’ (Empire, r6, stand. ship) and the ‘Honor’ (Federation, r6, prem. ship).

598f7f8f9855b_WazGotanditscompetitorsr5-6.jpg.42277d593a9d0dd5750135f67132e737.jpg

[Waz’Got mark I and its competitors in ranks 5-7: Hydra 2  and Honor]

In tier 3, that is ranks 7-9, the Wazgot I has 3 main competitors, the ‘Styx’ (Empire, r9, stand., legendary tank), the ‘Valor’ (Federation, r9, prem., legendary swift & hit and run), and the ‘Phoenix’ (Empire, r8, prem., fire support & anti-interceptor). Rank 8 is the end of the development/research possibilities for the Wazgot mark I.

598f7f9021680_WazGotanditscompetitorsr8-9.jpg.2ea867935426dd9367930af19106ecf0.jpg

[Waz’Got mark I and its competitors in ranks 8-9: Styx, Valor, and [Phoenix](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/33681-phoenix-is-p2w/#comment-400525) ]

Tank ?   What @EndeavSTEEL says (see below) is true: the WazGot is less tanky than the Styx , but nearly as slow; it is less swift than the Valor , only its strafe (move left,right,up,down) can be better. The Wazgot will not stand a match 1:1 against an Empire Styx. It will not compete against the Federation Valor in rallying with the pack, nor will it be a good competitor to the Valor in capturing beacons, nor is it as flexible in hit and run tactics. It is even not as damage dealing as the rank 8 Phoenix engineer frigate (Empire). But frustrating is that the Wazgot frigate class ship from Ellydium shipyards is less tanky than Tharga and Taikin.

Research roundel, Nodes, Modules ? Some of its modules require the development of nodes of the Tharga and/or the Taikin ships. Its new actives modules can be themed “healer” and may be categorized as being innovative but they are not of much use in battle (as it is nowadays: ‘survival’) - not at least because one will not get rewarded for assistance of team players, so the Wazgot player will naturally put in more offensive style modules.

OP ? This new Ellydium corp. frigate came out nerfed right from the start: a clumsy tank in lower ranks 5/6 but then appears as a slow, clumsy paper ship in rank 10. Even its speed nodes in the research roundel will give it not enough speed desirable for a healer frigate (and that for an expensive 115 points).

Weapons ? Its weapons are no match in regard to the Taikin or the Tharga weapons. It takes a minute to take down a Tharga but the Tharga takes down a Wazgot in 3-4-5 good shots in seconds. Its missile drones are not very much powerful against a Tharga or a Taikin, while the Taikins missile-main-gun is superior to the Wazgot’s drone missiles and auto-hit the Wazgot (shoot and forget) without much skill needed while the Wazgot has to dodge/evade its a§#!ss off not to get hit by missile after missile from Taikin or sludge after sludge from Tharga Thar’ga’tok launcher.

Scavenger Drones ?  598f798451e0a_scavengerdronesicon.jpg.1f65895a04a5bcdce49a94574633c1cb.jpgThe 2 (max. 4) drones of the Tharga are a bit too thin, non-durable and appear to be not very much effective in ranks 7/8 and up. The Wazgot pilot is constantly seeking debris to hold up the max number of 4, because only then he is a little bit protected form nearby circling ‘pesky’ interceptors and receives healing through them to survive. But it must be said the Wazgot will only stand  minor fire, focus fire will kill it in seconds.

598f797e9c745_scavengerdronesspec.jpg.285319de26476c5c64e70e0fb0194591.jpg

[Scavenger drones specs]

Future Buffs ? Speaking of the Wazgot being in this rather nerfed state right out of play test server events (PTS), one whishes to receive a very few limited buffs for it in the future:

1. base speed buff : for T4/5 it is much too slow and badly maneuvrable - for T2/3 it flys rather clumsy - no match with the elegant swiftness of the Valor - and that is to for the Ellydium engineer frigate all the research points are already spent for neccessary things (+ 30-50 m/s).

Reference: SPEED SYNOPSIS (engineer frigates, base stats):

Spoiler

Name: Waz’Got
Type:            Standard/DLC
Class:            Frigate
Subclass:        Engineering
Faction:        Ellydium Corp
Speed:            175 m/s
Afterburners:    227 m/s
Aftb energy use 197 en/s
Energy:            809 pts
Energy regen.    164 pts/s
Hull:            16368 pts
Shield:            10003 pts
Shield regen.    90 pts/s

Name: Styx
Type:            Standard
Faction:        Empire
Speed:            170 m/s
Afterburners:    203 m/s
Aftb energy use 207 en/s
Energy:            800 pts
Energy regen.    155 pts/s
Hull:            14580 pts
Shield:            9310 pts
Shield regen.    103 pts/s

Name: Valor
Type:            Premium
Faction:        Federation
Speed:            265 m/s
Afterburners:    318 m/s
Aftb energy use 207 en/s
Energy:            994 pts
Energy regen.    193 pts/s
Hull:            12403 pts
Shield:            11706 pts
Shield regen.    103 pts/s

For comparison (Ellydium fighter and interceptor):

Spoiler

Thar’Ga r5 Ellydium Gunship   226 m/s    //     aftb. 316 m/s
Tai’Kin r5 Ellydium Recon        308 m/s     //     aftb. 401 m/s

Part 2 - Wazgot II

Spoiler

[The Wazgot II (ranks 9-10)](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/34451-star-conflict-146-engineer-evolved-stage-two/)

598f796364db2_WazgotII.jpg.96105349b63131474e7ebecbe741bcf2.jpg

[Wazgot II (rank 9-15), Ellydium station hangar; its shape and form resembles an Ichthyosaur like the Parvinatator]

The type II variant of the Waz’Got can be build after reseach of a special ? node in rank 8. It will deliver access to ranks 9 and 10 of the ship’s research roundel. With this variant comes a new skin and shape (see above) with a new type of drones : Alien satellites, auto-production 2 (max. 4).  

5990930351fa6_WazGotanditscompetitorsr10-11.jpg.cc6d62c5fb4f44c9105d7aba7b6a27ce.jpg

[The WazGot II (rank10) and its competitors: [Minotaur](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/29144-minotaur-vs-naga/#comment-346499) (Empire, r11, stand.); Grizzly (Federation, r11, stand.)]

Alien satellites (drones) ? 598f79914bb55_aliensatellitesicon.jpg.9824f6def5504ae06327857bc0206db6.jpg  The 2 (max. 4) satellites (drones) are a bit non-durable also, but respawn at a much higher frequency than the Scavenger drones. One can target an ally and sent him a satellite which will circle this ally and damage attackers of that ally and healing its hull. But this targeting is a bit flimsy and not precise and does not function as intended every time -I would say in 66% its ok, in 33% it needs a new attempt to select and focus the ally again to sucessfully send him a satellite-drone.

598f798a6d818_aliensatellitesspecs.jpg.6a78bfe40c73fbf99943ecb3139f5fe8.jpg

[Alien satellites (drones) specs]

Future Buffs ? Speaking of the Wazgot being in this rather nerfed state right out of play test server events (PTS), one whishes to receive a very few limited buffs for it in the future:

1. 3rd shield slot buff until rank 9/10 : it lacks a 3rd shield slot to have the slightest chance to stand in T4 against EM-damage of the other 2 Ellydium op ships.
  2. drone missiles must be smarter and deliver more damage in t4 - it is a pain to see how exact and accurately the Taikin auto aiming missiles hit one’s Wazgot, while the own drone-missiles (or ‘Octupus’ missile slot missiles) sent end far too often in rocks or other obstacles, while Taikin delivers another rounds of missile packages, hitting hard.
  3. drones - its all about drones in the Wazgot: therefore the enthusiast Wazgot player would like to see variants and innovations around the drone concept of the Wazgot. It should have modules that vary its drones from very light (say #5, anti-interceptor) over medium (say #4, anti-fighter) to heavy (say #3, anti-frigate/destroyer) for different use scenarios. What do the Tharga and Taikin have an abundance of modules in comparison to the Wazgot, while ther is no lack of imagination what could further increase the joy in game play with the Wazgot.

Part 3 - Wazgot III

Spoiler

[The Wazgot III (ranks 11-12)](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/34657-star-conflict-147-engineer-evolved-stage-three/)

<to come>

Part 4 - Wazgot I V

Spoiler

[The Wazgot IV (ranks 13-14)](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/34711-testing-the-new-%E2%80%98ellydium%E2%80%99-ship-wazgot-on-13-and-14-ranks/)

<to come>

Part 5 - Wazgot V

Spoiler

The Wazgot V (rank 15)? 

<to come>

WAZ’GOT GUIDE

A good thing to say about the Wazgot is its flexibility!

One can build it as:

1. a true healer frigate (maximal healing services)
  2. a rather moderate tank (medium healing services)
  3. a fire support frigate (minimal healing services)

Part 1 - Healer build

Spoiler

5995a60f9d9b5_WazGotbuildr6healer.png.7487dfb53f8ebf172ecf54946926d3f1.png

[Wazgot I, rank 6, healer]

5995a61a20eed_WazGotbuildr8healer.png.234ff39fe716101676b5ff261dfbb781.png

[Wazgot II, rank 8, healer]

5995a62360079_WazGotbuildr10healertype.png.f959cbbf31595095fd1cfab0f3e60c2d.png

[Wazgot II, rank 10, healer]

Part 2 - Tank build

Spoiler

5995a655098c6_WazGotbuildr6tank.png.ed5d33131e6ecaf30508427bbd8b91dd.png

[Wazgot I, rank 6, tank]

5995a65e54a56_WazGotbuildr8tankanti-destroyer.png.2329a2b0b6c68f0823623ac70623b64b.png

[Wazgot II, rank 8, tank]

5995a6676790b_WazGotbuildr10tankanti-destroyer.png.17409d9e91018009c033dc504cde6aac.png

[Wazgot II, rank 10, tank]

Part 3 - Fire support build

Spoiler

5995a6a0af28e_WazGotbuildr6firesupport.png.4ed79da76172f016d2421377e1ff043d.png

[Wazgot I, rank 6, fire-support]

5995a6a9c7980_WazGotbuildr8firesupport.png.601a367052ab30606c03e80206ee73e2.png

[Wazgot II rank 8, fire-support]

5995a6b3107a5_WazGotbuildr10firesupport.png.e921e4df7d2006bc11b15d040c424dcb.png

[Wazgot II, rank 10, fire-support]

Definitely more powerful than any other Ellydium ship before.

Can OHKO anything other than a destroyer with collision damage - 10/10

Ship is heavy, easy to kill, less powerful than a styx, more expensive than a r14 dessy, all he’s weapon are bad. That pretty much it.

For the “guide” part, you should add some description of: why choosing this or this node, which weapon you think is better, how to use the ship in general… I don’t think newbies will understand anything by looking at pictures

1 hour ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

Ship is heavy, easy to kill, less powerful than a styx, more expensive than a r14 dessy, all he’s weapon are bad. That pretty much it.

For the “guide” part, you should add some description of: why choosing this or this node, which weapon you think is better, how to use the ship in general… I don’t think newbies will understand anything by looking at pictures

Yes – more stuff will follow. I just wanted to start the thread.

Today I saw something different with Waz’got in place of avarshina’s build. Octopus with missile reload module. With Waz’gul it gives Waz’Got a fighting chance against other Ellydium ships. Worth trying ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

16 hours ago, niripas said:

Today I saw something different with Waz’got in place of avarshina’s build. Octopus with missile reload module. With Waz’gul it gives Waz’Got a fighting chance against other Ellydium ships. Worth trying ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Waz’Got is a crappy ship. Nothing will change that.

On 14.08.2017 at 8:32 PM, Koromac said:

Well at least it’s not like this:

On 14.8.2017 at 4:45 AM, niripas said:

Niri is right! Two days ago, in PvP, I battled against the player Няшная Лалка. We both had a Wazgot rank 10 and his build was very hard to kill. So, after battle I spoke to him in chat and with the help of google-translate I was able to communicate with him in Russian/Cyrillic. I shared my build details and asked, if he would reveal his build to me, likewise. Later he sent me an email with a hyperlink to his video on YouTube.

Here it is, I recommend it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIVGM3xrnzQ&feature=youtu.be

On 14.08.2017 at 10:32 PM, Koromac said:

He’s almost unduying fat gunship in PvP. And now, on rank 10, he’s already equal to Brokk as an engi. 

On 18.8.2017 at 9:26 AM, Russiandude said:

He’s [the Waz’Got] almost unduying fat gunship in PvP. And now, on rank 10, he’s already equal to Brokk as an engi. 

A little buff would be ok:

• +30m/s base and afterburner speed
  • additional  3rd shield tuning module socket ( orange marker )
  • Special module nodes should be made  activatable in any ranks and given 0 points (pink marker)

)

[orange marker : Shield reinforcement 50 pts - Increases maximum shield strength by 15% => should be changed to a 3rd shield tuning module socket]

[pink marker :  Special module nodes - Unlocks unique exterior. Unlocks special module drones - should each be made activatable in all ranks and a weight of 0 pts given to them)

P.S.: Testing the new ‘Ellydium’ ship Waz’Got on 11 and 12 ranks is on:  [https://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/](< base_url >/index.php?/) (for Windows OS clients, only)

6 hours ago, Russiandude said:

He’s [the Waz’Got]  almost unduying fat gunship in PvP…

The Wazgot should be able to out-tank at least one first attack from one fat gunship in PvP - because its a slower ship and is much bigger.

But, instead, the Wazgot r10 cannot outgun, nor out-maneuver, nor out-run, nor out-tank a gunship like the Tharga - not can the Wazgot out-tank a Taikin.

The target locking time could be lowered:

kxqypz.jpg

Node:

Weapon modernization

“Main weapon critical hit chance increased by 10%.”

should be changed to:

Weapon modernization

“Main weapon critical hit chance increased by 10%. Reduces target locking time by 50%.

The topic would probably be better off in another subsection than guides, it doesn’t feel like a guide to me atm because the ship is not done yet. Should i move it or leave it here so when the ship is done you can do a proper full on edit into a guide later?

O will finish phase 1+2 guides and then go on

Ah okay, carry on then ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

I would like to see the update of this topic, wazgot for T5 as a healer if anyone wants to share their build