Versus AI Mode should be available to all ships

Limiting Versus AI mode to ships rank 1-12 is just lame. Please up it to all ships. ESPECIALLY, with higher rank ships coming out.

I agree.

But also - for R13 and higher - please make something more interesting. Like Ellydium AI ships with evolution trees unlocked and normal ships with those new modules.

2 hours ago, Phalnax811 said:

Limiting Versus AI mode to ships rank 1-12 is just lame. Please up it to all ships. ESPECIALLY, with higher rank ships coming out.

30 minutes ago, niripas said:

I agree.

But also - for R13 and higher - please make something more interesting. Like Ellydium AI ships with evolution trees unlocked and normal ships with those new modules.

+1 to all of this! do it already!

Devs already read that request, and stated that t5 is supposed to be the highest grade of difficulty, and that in their opinion “vs AI” doesn’t fit this criterium.

Agreet

Remove PvAi from game.

Why? ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

We will have more players in PvP  ![:yes_yes_yes:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/yes_yes_yes.gif “:yes_yes_yes:”)

10 minutes ago, GatoGrande said:

Remove PvAi from game.

We will have more players in PvP  ![:yes_yes_yes:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/yes_yes_yes.gif “:yes_yes_yes:”)

if players don’t have choise, they can leave the game also…

13 hours ago, Flash0914 said:

Devs already read that request, and stated that t5 is supposed to be the highest grade of difficulty, and that in their opinion “vs AI” doesn’t fit this criterium.

Well they’re wrong.

2 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

Remove PvAi from game.

PVP sucks so long as my R5 ships get matched with R15 ships as they have many times - I don’t bother. I just leave. Not supporting terrible design.  PVP at lower ranked ships is more enjoyable to me. (I do have R15 ships)

11 minutes ago, Phalnax811 said:

…  PVP sucks so long as my R5 ships get matched with R15 ships as they have many times - I don’t bother. I just leave.  …  PVP at lower ranked ships is more enjoyable to me. (I do have R15 ships) …

What I read from this is that you like to avoid competition with skilled co-players and express this in terms of hazzles with ship ranks:“my R5 ships get matched with R15 ships” . You like to get casual PvP by equipping lower rank ships to face on average lower skilled players, understandable:“PVP at lower ranked ships is more enjoyable to me. (I do have R15 ships)” 

Since the last patches, notably 1.5.0.x and 1.5.1.x, we no longer have this close correlation of ship ranks and skills. Lower ranked ships (safe under rank 7 if I remeber correctly) get per-ship-rank bunosses in regard to higher ranked counters and all the Crew implants that are active on your ship are dedided by the rśhip-rank of the highest ship in your PvP battle (say r15 if you are in a r5).

To give you a personal observation, I saw many veteran and skilled players taking advantage of the rank 10 Federation gunship Stingray, lately, be it for it’s slick looks, for it’s unique Special module, its premium status stats, or all of it combined or for any other reason, for example.

We might call this freedom of choice and freedom from harsh exploitation. In theory, the latter comes into effect, when you have some skills and overall thorough experience in the game but like to have easy going games with plus in win-guarantee by jumping in lower ship ranks into battle with formerly ship-rank restricted strata of PvP preselections like former t3, t2 etc. In this case you risk to exploit other players with experiences not above t3 by your experience from t4 and t5: we call this farming. Now we have the new system that works, there is really not much complain about it any more, but I would say what is making trouble is the low player base at times. And take into account that the new system is in fine tune mode, so if you experience a real bug or mm mischief, please file a bug report.

Good news: You maybe can tweak your game experience a bit to get casual gameplay and much more relaxing game experience and lower frustration:

• find  good ships that fit your play style and get you the objectives done: beacon captures, kills, assists
  • talk to experienced players if you could build your selection of ships better #1 to fit your playstyle even more, or get more tank, survivability or give you some new strategies for playing in PvP
  • watch the times of day you are playing and make connections to overall on average competition level at that time
  • experiment with Game-server settings: maybe another continent or another time zone is better. Note: after 3min the PvP matchmaker will ignore your specific server zone setting (say NA) and switch to universal search to minimize the wait-time for a battle.
  • Please understand that you are interdependeńt with other players, if you win somebody must loose, you smile, somebody else must take the frustration
  • try to get your W/L (win vs loose) ratio around 50%, you can check by your in-game nicknamehere
  • talk to the community and ask for help (in-game chat or forums)

Hope this helps you : )

Yeah I actively bring low ranks in to PvP now because I love watching people scream at me for obliterating their R15’s in R2 ships. XD

But back on topic: keep PvAI it is lovely. Opening it to higher rank ships would be very nice but would require some tweaking balance wise.

26 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Yeah I actively bring low ranks in to PvP now because I love watching people scream at me for obliterating their R15’s in R2 ships. XD

https://www.reddit.com/r/thatHappened/

On 2018-04-20 at 5:45 PM, xKostyan said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thatHappened/

lol

+1! I never had any interest in the PVP in this, so it was disappointing to finally unlock an R13 ship only to immediately find out that, because I’m unwilling to play PVP, upgrading the Waz’Got is now effectively impossible. Imagine what crazy xxxx could go into higher tier PvAI; manufactured R15s-R17s with all sorts of crazy modules and R14 Destroyers? That could be so much fun, why wouldn’t they do this?

4 hours ago, Zovael said:

+1! I never had any interest in the PVP in this, so it was disappointing to finally unlock an R13 ship only to immediately find out that, because I’m unwilling to play PVP, upgrading the Waz’Got is now effectively impossible. Imagine what crazy xxxx could go into higher tier PvAI; manufactured R15s-R17s with all sorts of crazy modules and R14 Destroyers? That could be so much fun, why wouldn’t they do this?

If you remember last PTS session - devs are experimenting with teaching mobs how to use modules. At this moment ships in PvAI have mostly no or only special modules activated. There was version vsAI for R13+, but every single game ended in spawncamp in AI spawn after about minute. Most of the games were less than 2 minutes (except beacon hunt ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) ).

Also with Ellydium ships - just disable few nodes, get them back to R12 and you still can play them in this mode.

On 5/30/2018 at 10:38 AM, niripas said:

If you remember last PTS session - devs are experimenting with teaching mobs how to use modules. At this moment ships in PvAI have mostly no or only special modules activated. There was version vsAI for R13+, but every single game ended in spawncamp in AI spawn after about minute. Most of the games were less than 2 minutes (except beacon hunt ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) ).

Also with Ellydium ships - just disable few nodes, get them back to R12 and you still can play them in this mode.

Tested by what clients – ones that recommend lrfs or inty spam?

Lets test in real life not only in ‘hippy-tester-RU-space’ - please!!

On 4/20/2018 at 11:38 AM, GatoGrande said:

Remove PvAi from game.

On 4/20/2018 at 11:49 AM, SheenShade said:

if players don’t have choise, they can leave the game also…

Indeed. Thats why I’m still playing Star Conflict, not EVE. We have a choise to play PVE here.

So… remove this stupid PVP modes and we will have more players for PVE, and the rest go play EVE haha!  ![:tongue:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.gif “:tongue:”)  ![:laugh:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png “:laugh:”)

add chance to meet  alien mothership/destroyer and  npc dreadought spawning from time to time that would be in space for 1-2 minutes and players would  hunt them down for os-related rewards the dreadnoughts would spawn in all solar systems maximum two per whole os space and no level limit,could come even in empire  home system ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

give us more tools to fight crystallids

30 minutes ago, viperki said:

give us more tools to fight crystallids

We have resonanting ammo… what else do you need?

1 hour ago, Flash0914 said:

We have resonanting ammo… what else do you need?

I still need a Hunter