Unhide Cargo Drones

Open Space is already stressful enough as it is, having to make an extremely long voyage from Station Guardian 13 to Station New Eden, with some mobs in areas that are plenty gung-ho as well that can threaten all of you and more importantly, your precious cargo. Many times as we venture out there, we accumulate cargo, and going back to hangar isn’t ideal just to have to fly all the way back, so I guess that’s why Cargo Drones exist. Only problem is _finding _the things.

know  there is a guide to finding them all, but for such a quality of life, hiding them from sensors and in obscure places is needlessly frustrating. My first one I found was completely by accident in the Processing Rig. I wandered close to a strange sphere floating there to find that I could use it to send back items for a small fee. Looking this up, I find that they are hidden throughout area, which makes me think of all the ones I missed… And consequently I screamed internally at why this was so…

If you could choose, would you have them appear on sensors when you got close enough?

Edit: Just realized this might be in the wrong section… Please correct me if I did so.

Basically after few runs you will remember positions of them. There are only 28 of them in total, 3 in hangar sectors. There are screenshots with coordinates and locations on map:

http://wiki.star-conflict.com/index.php?title=Open_Space

Hey, they updated that? Looks better than my guide, maybe I should work on a guide for making farming somewhat easier.

2 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Hey, they updated that? Looks better than my guide, maybe I should work on a guide for making farming somewhat easier.

Yeah, since when I’m “they”  ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

10 minutes ago, niripas said:

Yeah, since when I’m “they”  ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

Oh yeah, I just refrain from giving pronouns, it didn’t go well last time…

1 hour ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Oh yeah, I just refrain from giving pronouns, it didn’t go well last time…

Just call everyone dude. Regardless.

10 hours ago, LostSeeker said:

Open Space is already stressful enough as it is, having to make an extremely long voyage from Station Guardian 13 to Station New Eden, with some mobs in areas that are plenty gung-ho as well that can threaten all of you and more importantly, your precious cargo. Many times as we venture out there, we accumulate cargo, and going back to hangar isn’t ideal just to have to fly all the way back, so I guess that’s why Cargo Drones exist. Only problem is _finding _the things.

know  there is a guide to finding them all, but for such a quality of life, hiding them from sensors and in obscure places is needlessly frustrating. My first one I found was completely by accident in the Processing Rig. I wandered close to a strange sphere floating there to find that I could use it to send back items for a small fee. Looking this up, I find that they are hidden throughout area, which makes me think of all the ones I missed… And consequently I screamed internally at why this was so…

If you could choose, would you have them appear on sensors when you got close enough?

Edit: Just realized this might be in the wrong section… Please correct me if I did so.

Not so long ago we had cargo drones by jump gates between systems.

Now they are hidden because it is more logical 

32 minutes ago, GatoGrande said:

Not so long ago we had cargo drones by jump gates between systems.

Now they are hidden because it is more logical 

Hmmm, Explain the logic please? Not sure why hiding them is logical, considering it amounts to more running around, such as when going back to a specific zone to use a Cargo Drone.

I suppose they could be kept where they are, but make them show up on sensors, so people relatively new to the game would feel more comfortable with Open Space. It feels like a flaw to have to resort to a guide from someone/somewhere else just to find a quality of life ingame.

2 minutes ago, LostSeeker said:

Hmmm, Explain the logic please? Not sure why hiding them is logical, considering it amounts to more running around, such as when going back to a specific zone to use a Cargo Drone.

I suppose they could be kept where they are, but make them show up on sensors, so people relatively new to the game would feel more comfortable with Open Space. It feels like a flaw to have to resort to a guide from someone/somewhere else just to find a quality of life ingame.

I can’t do that since it is not logical to me, I was told so by some Moderators.

You can ask devs this question and good luck with waiting for an answer from them.

A lot of good things was changed in the last few years on worse…I bet that is logical too ?!?

1 minute ago, GatoGrande said:

I can’t do that since it is not logical to me, I was told so by some Moderators.

You can ask devs this question and good luck with waiting for an answer from them.

A lot of good things was changed in the last few years on worse…I bet that is logical too ?!?

Oof, right…

Really uncomfortable with the direction of open space TBH. I’d list examples of what all bothers be, but it’s at risk of derailing the thread so I’ll just stop here.

4 hours ago, LostSeeker said:

Gato is being sarcastic.But seriously - in my humble opinion - locating a cargo drone in the middle of mining patch is more logical than jump gate 20km away and in most places that is the case. In my opinion there should be just more of them.

7 minutes ago, niripas said:

Gato is being sarcastic.But seriously - in my humble opinion - locating a cargo drone in the middle of mining patch is more logical than jump gate 20km away and in most places that is the case. In my opinion there should be just more of them.

I personally don’t mind the coordinates of the drones, but having them on sensors would definitely not hurt

8 minutes ago, niripas said:

Sarcasm can be sorta hard to discern in text. And yeah, definitely agreed on more of them, which I guess it indeed does make sense, if you are blowing up whatever is in the middle of the map, and then dropping them off at the drone.

2 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

I personally don’t mind the coordinates of the drones, but having them on sensors would definitely not hurt

And that’s exactly why I made this topic… I felt quite flustered when I was a newcomer (Well, returning player from a 3 or 4 year hiatus), realizing I missed all of those drones in the past as I went through zones.

It’s just a simple thing really. Just make them pop on the sensors, which will make it much easier to find these things, since they are supposed to make things convenient. Nothing lost in doing so really.

15 hours ago, LostSeeker said:

It’s just a simple thing really. Just make them pop on the sensors, which will make it much easier to find these things, since they are supposed to make things convenient. Nothing lost in doing so really.

Hmm. Maybe not on sensors (as they have LoS), but on general HUD - same as jump gates for example. I would suggest to make a suggestions thread - if you’ll get enough upvotes it will get an attention ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

1 hour ago, niripas said:

Hmm. Maybe not on sensors (as they have LoS), but on general HUD - same as jump gates for example. I would suggest to make a suggestions thread - if you’ll get enough upvotes it will get an attention ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Huh, giving them markers on the HUD regardless of distance and LoS similar to the ware gates might be even better.

And… Yeah, I should have posted in the suggestions thread in the first place… Ugh, was tired at the time.

In Captured Dreadnought there’s a Marauder (or so) very close to the drone. 99% of the times you attempt to send something home, you run into it.

And it has big shields/hull, you need to have very good dps to finish him. Small ships don’t stand a chance.  It’s some sort of defending frigate or long-range one, lots and lots of shields. And does pretty nice damage too. So, it’s tough.

Is this happening only here, or it’s the same in every location where there’s a Cargo Drone?

1 hour ago, DaCookiez said:

In Captured Dreadnought there’s a Marauder (or so) very close to the drone. 99% of the times you attempt to send something home, you run into it.

And it has big shields/hull, you need to have very good dps to finish him. Small ships don’t stand a chance.  It’s some sort of defending frigate or long-range one, lots and lots of shields. And does pretty nice damage too. So, it’s tough.

Is this happening only here, or it’s the same in every location where there’s a Cargo Drone?

I think the name is messenger. It does indeed have high health and more importantly high damage.

i do believe it is only in that location. Most of the other cargo drones are left entirely on their own.

My corp jokingly call it the Iudex Gundyr in Space.

On 11/27/2018 at 10:31 AM, DaCookiez said:

That frigate is an exception. Also - it hits hard from the front, but it has a large blind spot on the back. Tested it with R5 Fox, no problems whatsoever as soon as you get behind that ship. Also it usually flies over 3km below the drone area, so you can easily approach that drone from above.