Thermal Energy Burner - Far Too OP

It’s been a long time, I know, but hear me out.

On the Loki(RIP) with a ROF Curved build mine gets to 2971/hit at full charge, so 6576 DPS,  now get some modules;

• Crit is 101%
    • Valkyrie is 44.8%
    • Mass Charge is 15.6%
  • Total of 161.4% Crit/ Damage increase
    • All applied(crit too)
      • 7766/hit or 17214 DPS

You may be asking, BUT ITS PROJECTILE SPEED IS BAD

• Mass Charge gives 75%
    • total of 3500ms, in a close range build this is waaaaay too much.

So, 17214 DPS, high crit chance.

Totally not broken, on a command, dont forget RANK BONUS!

First of all, no.

Second of all, it might have high DPS but with a 3.8k range on Loki there is no point in even bothering to explain why it’s bad, they changed the spread and with the first shot you have max spread and will take a few seconds to get back to pinpoint accuracy, first you have the problem of closing the gap, Loki is an empire ship after all, not only that, but it won’t be able to stand much punishment from most of the ships which are effective at that range, the only instance in which is good is against slow and/or stationary targets.

Loki has the survivability of a piece of bread, since it’s diffusion shield is pointless, and it’s mobility is really not great either, so short range builds won’t be great anyways…

I’d be more scared of it, if it was on wolfhoud…

you can be good in a loki, but your god powers are limited to mischief.

i actually tried exactly that ship yesterday, and it seems good, but far from op.

both the weapon, and the loki amongst other ships, got a few nerfs in the last months; and even then, when the thi’es came out, or later the focusing laser madness, lokis were quickly out of the sky, even before the nerf; besides the CO weapons later on, and whatnot.

i wonder, when i play, the clear decisive or seemingly EZ ships are wazgots, all kinds of ecms, t5 destros, the special lrfs and taikins, but the only ship i really loathe and see as something that needs a giant nerf hammer for ages now is the NY18.

no ship from t4 ranks is a real permanent issue imho.

2 hours ago, g4borg said:

you can be good in a loki, but your god powers are limited to mischief.

i actually tried exactly that ship yesterday, and it seems good, but far from op.

both the weapon, and the loki amongst other ships, got a few nerfs in the last months; and even then, when the thi’es came out, or later the focusing laser madness, lokis were quickly out of the sky, even before the nerf; besides the CO weapons later on, and whatnot.

i wonder, when i play, the clear decisive or seemingly EZ ships are wazgots, all kinds of ecms, t5 destros, the special lrfs and taikins, but the only ship i really loathe and see as something that needs a giant nerf hammer for ages now is the NY18.

no ship from t4 ranks is a real permanent issue imho.

This post was never about Loki, I know its a total glass cannon, its about the burner. The range doesnt matter when you can deal 18k DPS. 

2 hours ago, g4borg said:

that needs a giant nerf hammer for ages now is the NY18.

Yea, drain energy module that cant be countered, on top of abusive 10km teleport, intereptor movement, combat reboot special module and the ability to jump ranks to use Pirate Shield etc is just xxxx as all heckin heck.

14 minutes ago, Snerpes said:

This post was never about Loki, I know its a total glass cannon, its about the burner. The range doesnt matter when you can deal 18k DPS. 

Yea, drain energy module that cant be countered, on top of abusive 10km teleport, intereptor movement, combat reboot special module and the ability to jump ranks to use Pirate Shield etc is just xxxx as all heckin heck.

I got 20 kills in a Gray Falcon with a plasmagun the other day (no quantum defence too), must be OP.

2 hours ago, xKostyan said:

I got 20 kills in a Gray Falcon with a plasmagun the other day (no quantum defence too), must be OP.

Jeez Devs, nerf the Plasmagun already! Literally unplayable!

4 hours ago, Snerpes said:

no other ship besides the loki can use the burner with curved effectively imho

and you wrote curved thermal burner (besides loki aswell but  ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) )