The Mining Laser Is Terrible

Catchy title, huh?

I got the Mole via parts last night and all I have to say is this: https://streamable.com/ptiu0u

The Mole is a mining ship, built for mining, with a mining laser, also meant for mining. However, the laser is hands-down one of the worst weapons that you can mine with.

To make this suggestion simple:

The mining laser “Emitter ML” should GUARANTEE a perfect extraction every time on every asteroid. That’s what it’s designed for.

Players with the Mole and mining laser should be able to approach an asteroid, hold down fire, and get a perfect extraction with maximum yield. Otherwise there is no point to using this ship to mine.

Even if i don´t have it at the current point (still a lot of parts left to go for) i would say the following

Considering that it is a “mining ship” that is designed espacially for “mining” the Exclusive weapon really should give a perfect drop all the time without the need to watch for the color. Basicly hold the attack button Astro “overheats” and explodes with max yield.

The grind for this ship is one thing and it makes sense that we have to “watch out in order to get the best extraction rate” while a mining ship has the necessary tools that basicly should “remove this process” cus otherwise you can go with the best strat that gives a guranteed drop even when it takes longer.

I wouldn´t even mind if the ship would be useless in PvP or PvE activities with the Weapon and tech it can equip so that it really is only usefull for mining in OS. Don´t know if the 16 cargo slots are now already the preset or if you use cargo hull but i assume that the module for the cargo drone will not really be needed in most situations if you go for pure mining and ignore all other containers in space.

So i would suggest the following for this ship to “fullfill it´s purpose”

• Using the exclusive weapon will gurantee the best drop of an Astro cus it keeps the “perfect heat point” (basicly hold fire until Astro explodes)
    • As alternative when the “perfect heat” is reached the Astro directly explodes and give the drops (cutting the time)
  • If using the Mole it gives an sepcial small sector that is instanced for each player with the following benefits
    • No NPCs in the sector
    • Due of the instance no competition for Astros to prevent “stealing” and keep them out of OS for mining and making it harder for “non Mole users”
    • The sector is filled with a bunch of Astros (maybe 100) so that travel times are small (distance between the Astros is 2000 units at best)
    • Respawn of Astros is 30-60 seconds
    • Replace the Cargo drone with a “mining drone” that will fly from one Astro to another and mines them (perfect drop) and returns after 1 minute to deliver the drop into the Mole´s Cargo hold

Would it turn OS useless? Not really considering that OS is mostly just used for the Missions or Mining so it would just shift the mining part to another instance with the Mole. In my case i normaly only fly OS when there are missions that can be done or if i need to mine for materials while the rest of the time i hang out in the PvE part of the game (skirmish and/or Spec Ops). In the end a miner is not meant for combat and should stay away from battle releated activities or locations where it could be attacked so i assume that this might be the best solution for it

2 hours ago, Vesperion said:

If using the Mole it gives an sepcial small sector that is instanced for each player with the following benefits

• No NPCs in the sector
  • Due of the instance no competition for Astros to prevent “stealing” and keep them out of OS for mining and making it harder for “non Mole users”
  • The sector is filled with a bunch of Astros (maybe 100) so that travel times are small (distance between the Astros is 2000 units at best)
  • Respawn of Astros is 30-60 seconds
  • Replace the Cargo drone with a “mining drone” that will fly from one Astro to another and mines them (perfect drop) and returns after 1 minute to deliver the drop into the Mole´s Cargo hold

I love this but it would require looooots of work.

Would be easier and cheaper to have that instance client-side, and would also be pingless which would be epic. (Like the “test-flight” mode)

![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”) ![:facepalm:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/014j.png “:facepalm:”)omg

On 5/1/2021 at 7:31 PM, TheDarkRedFox said:

The Mole is a mining ship, built for mining, with a mining laser, also meant for mining. However, the laser is hands-down one of the worst weapons that you can mine with.

To make this suggestion simple:

The mining laser “Emitter ML” should GUARANTEE a perfect extraction every time on every asteroid. That’s what it’s designed for.

Hi pilots!
I totally agree with you and would like to had one point : 

Sincerly,

Sogh CEO [ARKFR]

Hmm… … and exactly that is what the ML does …!
Nobody says anywhere, that mining Asteroids is a simple ‘1click&hold-down-Button’-thing … the possibility to do it like an ape is available - but not with the BigCargoMole & the MiningLaser!

I have to admit, that my 1st Test-experience  with the ML was an desaster… cuz i thought the handling will be an OneClick-mining…  …i was used to mine&collect all the MoleParts with the Railgun - but now - get used to the ‘ML’ - its so much easier cuz u can overheat the Asteroid and timing doesnt matter anymore… …

… and grinding 4 materials is different in every game and an prolonged content in many sights… 
… but just think about the Ressources/Credits en masse u can mine after a few minutes - I just want that I have to do more than just one click to get it and the other players should have to do the same…!
On the other hand, you could simply buy what you want to build in the shop - that’s just one click too! ;p

…so please - dear Developers - let the Mining-System be that good it is at this moment! ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

So faar -> cy’all in Space! 
GreetZ FuggZ