Stop scaring away new players

You did it again SC. I don’t believe this post will have any effect just like any other good suggestion so just rant here…

PLEASE. STOP. SCARING. AWAY. THE. COMMUNITY.

So… I managed to convince my friend to come back (ye ye laugh at me here). “Come back! Lots of new content… and a bigger player base! After updates game is alive!”

*Here comes thank you to whoever suggested joining players into ongoing battles. I think it was Dogs of War update. My respect to you Sir or Madam*

“Ready!” We join as squad and… we loose badly coz there are two quite good players against us. My friend tries but he is fresh and can’t keep up… well stuff happens RIGHT?

So we try again and we see these two again…

…and again

• See, I say, there is a rule in match maker that says <Equal number of squads in teams> so we will loose every time if we play together. Those guys are better and have better ships (prem command with that OP thermal gun)… you try well but you can’t do much I say…

Anyone who plays alone may get into stronger team but WE will always be against those stronger two as long as they play… 

• Why we are being punished?

• Because we play together.

its a race mm condition due to circumstances, time and number of players

you could try to both of you change to different server setting in menu >options > game

how about asia-pacific for a while ?

or play some pve / coop inbetween

man - it happens to all of us now and then

2 minutes ago, avarshina said:

its a race mm condition due to circumstances, time and number of players

you could try to both of you change to different server setting in menu >options > game

how about asia-pacific for a while ?

or play some pve / coop inbetween

man - it happens to all of us now and then

Happens what exactly? Some good PvP squad that scares away the rest squads? Exactly my point!

And dont try to trick us devs. You hid squad markers but we see same players matched against us repeatedly. its too obvious.

5 hours ago, gheni4 said:

Happens what exactly? Some good PvP squad that scares away the rest squads? Exactly my point!

And dont try to trick us devs. You hid squad markers but we see same players matched against us repeatedly. its too obvious.

What should happen instead? You should get free wins by being put into games against no squads? I prefer it if the free wins go to the better players.

8 minutes ago, Cr0 said:

What should happen instead? You should get free wins by being put into games against no squads? I prefer it if the free wins go to the better players.

A squad of below average players could be matched against the same amount of above average players who are not in a squad imo.

This problem has always been here. Every other game i’ve played that has group/squad system balances squads, you fight near-about same skill level people as you

SC, however, seems to consider all squads equal. The problem is that there are no squads for the system to balance and devs are apparently hell bent on discouraging squads.

2 vs Random and ±1 squad rule needs to come back. I feel like its a no-brainer incentive to make squads when you can get game instantly as a group of 2. And once that kicks off the ±1 rule will lead to bigger groups.

With enough squads in the pool its possible to balance them

6 hours ago, Scar6 said:

A squad of below average players could be matched against the same amount of above average players who are not in a squad imo.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, _terrorblade said:

…devs are apparently hell bent on discouraging squads…

was my impression too but then I saw that only NEW (less experienced) players will keep loosing in a squad. The system does not just punish squads. It mercilessly punishes rookie squads 

Well think of it from their point of view.

They squad and never lose. XD

But yeah there needs to be a “mix rule” where after a certain number of matches that you see the same people, you are mixed up.

I’ve said this numerous times before, we dont have a proper way/detailed way of measuring a players skills, any idea that may come is just about useless unless we get a better ELOish measurements. Its either go full random ignoring everything or full detail and ignore queue times. Unfortunately i dont know how the MM works in details and thus dont know how to suggest improvements so my comments here are just about right and wrong as any comment.

Hello

Well we all started as rokie players. 

And in some point you are always food for some better player.

No need to panic here. Take it as learning proces.

When you improve yourself you will do same to new rokies…that is normal.

Regards

Ps: did you perhaps remamber names of those two players?

8 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

…we dont have a proper way/detailed way of measuring a players skills… …Unfortunately i dont know how the MM works…

My issue here is not about measuring skill but a certain rule that constantly punishes weaker squad. No skill checks or randomness here. I’m talking about this one (please appreciate the effort I had to go through to find it):

This blinding with brilliance simple rule:

Squad balance
For each 2-pilot squad in one of the team, there is a 2-pilot squad in the opposing team

I believe its still enforced and shining…