Static Shields and Static Barriers Against AI

At this point the static shield and the static barrier are almost worthless against the AI DPS …now with the cool down increase of destroyer static shields even more so … I know this game is a pay to play PVP game  … but as long as we have PVE why not give the players who play PVE a good playing experience ?  could we get a tool tip something like .(stat,stat,stat …3x durability against AI ) then a tharga in Co-Op couldn’t remove your static barrier in 5 shots… it would take at least 15

Have you ever considered to change your approach instead of making the enemy AI change his (which is always the same thus predictable)?

1 hour ago, ORCA1911 said:

Have you ever considered to change your approach instead of making the enemy AI change his (which is always the same thus predictable)?

yes the AI are predictable  … but when modules don’t work because the AI are UBER OP  or the game mechanics wont let your modules affect AI. it becomes a problem with all the new and effective old modules  and forces you to use the basic and multipurpose modules which can’t keep up with the insane DPS the AI have now… AI have 10x the DPS of your ship . modules that would help your team like system hack wont work on AI turrets, destroyer modules or engineer drones . the AI have access to your ship stats in your ship window they know what modifiers you have and what implants you have and adjust their ship, weapon and tactic accordingly . the AI track you with a target painter like aim-bot and almost never miss with their 50,000 DPS . the AI can see you in a LRF, Covert Ops, Tackler even though you are invisible to players and the game in general . the AI break the game mechanics of the invisibility by keeping you locked as a target , waiting for you to become visible again and mass firing on you with 3-10 ships that really couldn’t have known you were there and killing you with a 3,000,000 DPS burst of fire at 100% accuracy . there are 2 ways I see to win against that …1) team work , which hasn’t been possible for over 6 months now …2) insane rapid fire AOE DPS so that you kill them before they get into firing range . then there’s the  target choice … if your a good player  the entire map targets you every time  every game  20 games 50 games 100 games day after day after day … you as the best payer are targeted from the hanger dead don’t worry while the AI do shoot at other players while you are dead they have you locked as a immediate secondary target the second you respawn so a Tyrant is bombarding the entire map , you respawn and the entire map stops shooting at the threat and re targets you and forgets the tyrant completely … how cool is that … my Kraken is a greater threat than 3 Tyrants devastating the entire map …ORCA the AI in PVE are broken and a serious problem for a great many players past rank 9 challenge is one thing but when a player is forced to do everything solo or loose the match its just not working correctly 

The ai in this game is fairly straightforward. It wont adjust their tactics to your ship. It will simply shoot the first thing in its sight while doing slight evasuve manouvers if it takes damage. Every module, that affects other players will also affect ai, they are not resistant to debuffs.

9 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

The ai in this game is fairly straightforward. It wont adjust their tactics to your ship. It will simply shoot the first thing in its sight while doing slight evasuve manouvers if it takes damage. Every module, that affects other players will also affect ai, they are not resistant to debuffs.

you are wrong , out right wrong … but arguing with you wont help or change your mind  …  why don’t you try the system hack and see for yourself … if you are not being targeted by every ship in Defense Contract 100 games out of 100 games  for at least three solid weeks while farming Electrum like I have been you probably are not a threat to the AI and they just ignore you like they ALWAYS ignore the other three players on my team. If I am visible they target me , chase me , shoot at me  no matter where I am on the map without fail EVERY FCKING GAME.

System hack doesn’t affect engy drones, it never had. It affects deployable things like missile slot drones, mines, repair stations, combat stations and so on. It never worked on dessie turrets either.

Fighting ai is really not that hard, you have to outrange them or to dodge incoming fire. Dessies with static shields and Coilguns are fairly effective, too.

Also, stop writing in bold font.

1 hour ago, Original_Taz said:

(long rant)

I am sorry, mate, but you don’t have a clue how the bots are programmed then. Instead of repeating the same thing to you over and over again I think I’ll just make a guide someday. With videos and commentary.

But as in general:

1 hour ago, Scar6 said:

59 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

System hack doesn’t affect engy drones, it never had. It affects deployable things like missile slot drones, mines, repair stations, combat stations and so on. It never worked on dessie turrets either.

this. What I would add - if there is a beacon to defend, some of the AI ships will try to defend it/restore it (vide Captured Dreadnought map).

AI by default has a limited range sensors (base is 3.5k IIRC). Regarding invisible targets: no, they don’t have any information on player ships, except for what is on their sensors. If you will get out of their  sensors, they will fly to the location where you were seen last time and they will stay there for some time. If you have only radar stealth (like on covops or taikin or lrf) they still can see you (their visibility range is ~2k) and shoot at you. They will not lock on you, though. If you have a visual invisibility - they will notice  you from less than 100-200m (same as in PvP), because they will drop your cloak via shield/shield collision.

Next thing - tracking. Yes - they track fast. No, that’s not immediate track - it’s on par with best pvp players, but you still can dodge even the beam/ions in agile enough ship. 

Also 3 millions DPS is ridiculous. Even multiple turtles shooting your destroyer from 200 meters cannot do this.

Regarding “never miss” - well - doing the role of an interceptor in Ariadne’s thread I went after 3 frigs zeroing on our dessie. I was able to kill all of them. I got shot in the meantime 3 times. By those guards with shrapnel cannon. Damage? 100-200HP. How do I know? My intie has 2245hull and flies with no shields to speak of.

In last few days I am trying to find optimal lineup for random PvE that will fit most of the maps. As for now it is:

• Guard

• LRF

• Engie with Eclipse

• Taikin (for capping and hit and run)

No destroyers. To my surprise Taikin can solo cap all beacons in Captured Dreadnought (kite enemy away, doomsday + bubble the rest defending the beacon) and can solo Ariadne’s Thread (but for that last one Covops would be awesome, however then Cap Dread wouldn’t be soloable with this setup). LRF adds some time for Defence Contract/Fire Support, but it’s necessary for other maps. With heavy heart I traded my Tyrant for a guard due to lack of resists for Blackwood Shipyard, but I’m thinking about getting dessie back to lineup as Blackwood Shipyard is pretty rare in random queue. So if you will see me online and you are up for some T5 PvE - drop me a line.

PS. Rank 10 PvE is the easiest in game. Seriously. Problems start with Hard difficulty - R11-R15.

23 minutes ago, niripas said:

So if you will see me online and you are up for some T5 PvE - drop me a line.

your ingame name is the same as forum? … I sure will … it would be nice to have someone to share AGRO with for a change … side bar … can you link a video recorder that i can record the match with ? … NOBODY believes my when I say all 158 AI in  a rank 15 defense Contract target me above everyone else even when i go to the back of the map to set up to kill the engines … so i need a video of it to shut everybody up for good .

I’m using Nvidia GeForce Experience built-in recorder. If you have any modern Nvidia card, you should get it with the drivers.

37 minutes ago, Original_Taz said:

your ingame name is the same as forum? … I sure will … it would be nice to have someone to share AGRO with for a change … side bar … can you link a video recorder that i can record the match with ? … NOBODY believes my when I say all 158 AI in  a rank 15 defense Contract target me above everyone else even when i go to the back of the map to set up to kill the engines … so i need a video of it to shut everybody up for good .

So what? just kill all the AI ships, simple. No ships = no agro