Snib's Star Conflict Ping Tester

**Thank you for your interest.

Unfortunately, the game has moved in a direction where I will no longer be playing it and thus development of my tools has come to an end. They will remain unavailable for the time being.

-Snib**

Special thanks to these guys for having supported my projects in the past:

• sephirothsk [WPK]
  • xKostyan [NASA]
  • DisFireCo [PREY]
  • Cynabal [sAVED]

Ayeah, Snib`s awesomeness strikes again!

Nice Tool. Can you add a ping summary at the end in the log? Also the Pings in the log don’t have a CR at the end of each line (having that in there would have a nicer formatting when opening the log with notepad instead of write or notepad+).

Your tools proves that the SC con_tester has a bug because I always have 1 out of 30 pings in the con-tester missing (3% packet loss). But no packet loss (with 30 retries) with your tool.

If the hostname’s not found, it gives an untrapped exception.  Tsk tsk.

Is just tried to run the ping tester again and run in an error: 

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.NetworkInformation.PingException: An exception occurred during a Ping request. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is known
at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(String hostNameOrAddress)
at System.Net.NetworkInformation.Ping.Send(String hostNameOrAddress, Int32 timeout, Byte[] buffer, PingOptions options)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Net.NetworkInformation.Ping.Send(String hostNameOrAddress, Int32 timeout, Byte[] buffer, PingOptions options)
at System.Net.NetworkInformation.Ping.Send(String hostNameOrAddress, Int32 timeout)
at PingTester.Main.Pinger(String server, Int32 pingAmount)
at PingTester.Main.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

Star Conflict Ping Tester
Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/admin/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/G1R8YB9L.4A6/R08QR3YQ.8DT/star…tion_617971af137704eb_0001.0001_3ee344fde0736ca3/Star%20Conflict%20Ping%20Tester.exe

System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

If the hostname’s not found, it gives an untrapped exception.  Tsk tsk.

Is just tried to run the ping tester again and run in an error:

There is exactly zero error handling in that code, as I said in the thread I originally posted it in it was just a quick hack and that was no understatement. :smiley:

I’ll fix it tomorrow, just came back from some skiing. :wink:

Updated to v1.2

• removed server EU3 that seems to be gone for good (left servers RU4 and RU5 even though they remain unreachable)
  • added proper error handling so if servers get removed in the future it won’t matter

Download the fixed version from the OP. I know that ideally the tool would grab the list of servers it is testing from some online resource so you would never need to update it but hey I’m lazy. xD

Thanks.

qVMQK2G.jpg

Worked! I wonder where all the Russian servers are located, so next time when I visit RU I can play sector con with low ping :lol:

On a side note, after about 20 tests it crashed my workstation computer, the screen froze and then turned black with a mouse pointer on screen, have to restart  :smoke:

On a side note, after about 20 tests it crashed my workstation computer, the screen froze and then turned black with a mouse pointer on screen, have to restart  :smoke:

Aaaand now you mine bitcoin for Snib. Good job Milf!

Hmm, thanks for the reminder about this one, have to admit I kinda forgot about it. :wink:

Updated to v1.3

* Server list updated

* Auto-updates

I wonder where all the Russian servers are located, so next time when I visit RU I can play sector con with low ping :lol:

I don’t actually know, maybe something to ask in the dev questions thread so I can add the info.

I am rather confident that it’s impossible for the tool itself to cause that. Are you running a firewall/antivirus that might have “choked” on the high number of outgoing requests (it’s not that high actually)? Would be interesting to see what was written in Windows’ event log if you have access to that.

Aaaand now you mine bitcoin for Snib. Good job Milf!

Or that!

I am rather confident that it’s impossible for the tool itself to cause that. Are you running a firewall/antivirus that might have “choked” on the high number of outgoing requests (it’s not that high actually)? Would be interesting to see what was written in Windows’ event log if you have access to that.

Well I’m at work using their alien-technology workstation so there’s both software and hardware firewall as well as several anti virus and protection on (thx taxpayer…) maybe they just freaked out on how low my ping is :lol: On the other hand it’s pretty accurate, my lowest ping in-game with F11 on is 6.

On the other hand it’s pretty accurate, my lowest ping in-game with F11 on is 6.

I officially hate you!

Well I’m at work using their alien-technology workstation so there’s both software and hardware firewall as well as several anti virus and protection on (thx taxpayer…)

Can’t be that well protected if it lets you install my software~

Updated to v1.5

• Since they keep adding and removing servers, the server list is now downloaded at each program start without having to update the application itself.
  • Added 2 new RU servers and removed 1 old RU server
  • Added a checkbox to ping with large packets for extended packet loss testing.

Thank you for your awesome tools!
Hope to see you back in space on day!

Best regards
Star Conflict Team!