Seed-chip Fusion

I propose a way to get higher rarity seed chips (at random) by the simple way of combining those of a lower rarity.

In procedural items, it is customary to allow some way to use “trash” quality items to create higher quality items, since selling them is usually pointless. (1 credit here)

The proposition is as follows:

There are currently 4 known qualities of seed-chips: gray, blue, yellow, and red.

Because 99% of seed chips dropped are of gray rarity (makes sense), it would benefit everyone to have a way to put them to use besides selling them for one credit, or spending millions of credits trying to upgrade other gray seeds with them.

In order to achieve this, I propose that a new sub-tab for seed-chips be created called “Fusion” which allows the user to select 10 of their seed chips(of any rarity) and be able to fuse them in to one seed chip of a rarity equalling the average quality of seed chip +1.

For example, if the user selects 10 gray chips, the outcome will be a blue seed-chip with increased randomized stats.

If the user puts in 8 blue chips and 2 gray chips, the outcome will be a yellow seed-chip with randomized stats.

If the use selects a variety of different quality chips, the outcome will be a single randomized chip of the highest quality put in.

By this, it will take approximately 1000 gray seed chips (insane) to make one enhanced red seed-chip.(10g x 10b x 10y = 1r)

The fusion process should not cost anything, but should take several minutes to several hours to complete, depending on the expected rarity of the outcome. This time can be sped up by paying credits for professionals to come in and guide the process. The time payment should be much like the dreadnought building slider, where 1% skips 1% of the time but costs very little, and 100% skips 100% of the time but costs very much.

I like the idea of it ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Hmm, I don’t understand.

There are 5 rarities, white, green, blue, purple and gold, like it is with weapons and gold(Mk5) taking insane amount of upgrade points.

Upgrading chips increase its stats, gold vs grey is around ~20% better stats overall.

You can use chips to upgrade other chips, giving you ~150-250 upgrade points depending on used chip. You don’t need to sell them.

Getting a random chip by combining them may be a nice idea, however the result could also be a quite bad chip. This could be a separate way of getting other chips but I think it still would be better to wait for a good chip and then upgrade it with all bad chips you have like we currently can.

4 hours ago, Gon009 said:

Hmm, I don’t understand.

There are 5 rarities, white, green, blue, purple and gold, like it is with weapons and gold(Mk5) taking insane amount of upgrade points.

You mistake the upgrade level for the rarity. The background of the chip can be colored gray, blue, yellow, or red (to my knowledge). You can then upgrade each of those from Mk1(white) to Mk5(orange) which simply increases the stats very slightly.

1 Like

5 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

You mistake the upgrade level for the rarity. The background of the chip can be colored gray, blue, yellow, or red (to my knowledge). You can then upgrade each of those from Mk1(white) to Mk5(orange) which simply increases the stats very slightly.

Oh, I did not know that, I guess that trophy search has a low chance for higher than common qualities. Thanks for info