Sector conquest is broken

I’ve been playing this game since early 2013, and I must say, the PvP aspect has been the best part, however, with alien ships curb stomping anything that even glances in their general direction, PvP is a piece of xxxx now, and considering its been two years and we’ve only gotten three of the expected 10 alien ships, the game will be dead before all 10 are released, and PvP will be garbage to the day it dies, seeing as we won’t be getting any serious balancing towards them until the next event starts (likely won’t get to start). With PvP being such pointless trash now, I’ve moved to the other PvP game mode, Sector Conquest. Since I started playing again (after I got my new computer that could run the game) seccon is the only mode I’ve been playing, because in a 1v1 situation, the tactic of “Oh look at that, I’ve got a shinier ship than you, also oh look you’re instantly dead now :D” doesn’t work too well. I used to be able to win in a 1v5 situation, but now they’ve added bots. Nearly all of my defeats (I have videos of every sector conquest battle I do, so if you for whatever reason want proof, I have it) are entirely down to the RNG of their bots. I used to be able to win a 1v3 no problem, but now, that 1 bot they’ve added to make it “4v4” can result in a defeat. Bots should be used only to balance teams, not to add enemies. The bots, while in theory making it “better” actually make it more difficult for smaller teams to win than without the bots.

Issues I have with Seccon:

• Battles should not have to have four members per team, if there is a group of three vs a single player, add two bots the single person’s team.
  • Bots have too high of accuracy, critical hit chance, damage values, and weapon level to be used in a situation where a 1v3 has a bot on the team of 3. Either reduce damage, accuracy, and crit chance, or remove the bot from the team of 3.
  • Bots are too inconsistent in their behavior, for example, through RNG, a bot could decide to camp the Command Tower for the entire game, making it impossible (not an understatement) to plant bombs on it or capture it, but at the same time, the other team’s bots could go fly aimlessly towards the enemy ship and commit suicide by flying in front of the Major Calibers or flying into the engines. Either make bots always attack, or always defend, but not both.
  • Point advantages, the point advantages were created to help defending teams keep their sectors back when sector conquest was a bracket system, the defending team would have a 200 point lead to help them, but now that it randomly pits teams against other teams and nobody fights against anyone else over a specific sector, this is not necessary. I have had several occasions where fighting against the odds alone (for example 1v4 or something) I would have won except that RNG had assigned them a point bonus, despite me defending a sector I already had, and their corporation didn’t have any sectors. Sometimes its the other way though where I will randomly get a point bonus. Either remove point bonuses or give them specifically to teams with fewer players.
  • Alien ships, being able to kill anthing on the map with the push of a button is rather extreme, especially for this game mode. Unfortunately that isn’t something we can change until all 10 alien ships are released, and they finally get everything reworked to become moderately balanced.

If you think all alien ships are op, you have bigger problems to worry about

16 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

If you think all alien ships are op

Did I say this? Doesn’t look like I did to me, but idk, maybe I just can’t see it through how xxxx I am for thinking pressing a button shouldn’t be able to instantly destroy any ship, but who knows.

I have been getting frags in dozens by simply pressing a button since 2013.

1 hour ago, PapyMcBites said:

I’ve been playing this game since early 2013, and I must say, the PvP aspect has been the best part, however, with alien ships curb stomping anything that even glances in their general direction , PvP is a piece of xxxx now…

And this.

The whole game is broken.

sig-4459308.giphy.gif

Sure something like a disintegrator or a blue torp can kill something in 1 hit if its small enough, but at least things like those have minmaxing. LRFs have high damage but are slow, and compared to most other ships are weak (notice I said “compared to most other ships”). A Waz’Got can kill anything in one move, even a destroyer at max health. Granted, a Covertops can also kill a destroyer in one move, if it’s poorly built, but that’s taking advantage of damage scaling and destroying components. As far as what I said about alien ships curb stomping everything, I still didn’t say ALL alien ships, but even so, if you had a well built regular or premium Gunship built to 1v1 a Thar’Ga and a Thar’Ga built to 1v1 a regular or premium Gunship, cloned a pilot and had the clones fight each other, the Thar’Ga would win unless it lagged really hard (not uncommon now that the servers seem to have been degraded). Same goes for a Recon vs Tai’Kin and Engineer vs Waz’Got. Even if we drastically increased the skill level of the standard/premium pilot compared to the alien pilot, the outcome would still be very similar. Sure, Thar’Ga and Tai’Kin have gotten some nerfs, and I won’t say they’re “OP” but they’re still way more powerful than any standard/premium ship could dream of being. The fact that a rank 8 alien ship can quickly melt a rank 15 standard/premium is something I’m not a fan of. Seeing as I’m not a fan of untraditional things such as destroyers and alien ships that are game-breakingly powerful, and that I don’t use them because of how powerful they are, my judgement may be clouded by the fact I’ve never had the power in my own hands and have only ever been on the receiving end. But again, who knows, perhaps I’m just r3tarded (re ta rd ed is apparently censored).

1 hour ago, PapyMcBites said:

… But again, who knows, perhaps I’m just r3tarded (re ta rd ed is apparently censored).

buddy_christ.jpg

obama-sunglasses-620x436.png.f8a0f1e7579d7c654a77d82a8a84c93b.png

Ok but Styx. And Nightingale. And WolfM.

finally, what isn’t broken in this game, about any pvp ? ![:007j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007j.png “:007j:”)

4 hours ago, SheenShade said:

finally, what isn’t broken in this game, about any pvp ? ![:007j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007j.png “:007j:”)

Lol idk i gave up  ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

On 10/30/2017 at 4:39 PM, PapyMcBites said:

'm not a fan of untraditional things such as destroyers and alien ships that are game-breakingly powerful,

Destroyers are massive ships wirh 10 guns. Get over them. They’re a new class same

as aliens, I agree about the aliens but destroyers were a fun step forward. I hated the game with 9 ship classes for years. Don’t complain either about their damage. Any ship even NORMAL recons  if flown well can screw even a tanky dessy. It takes skill, implant knowledge etc.  They are so paper now with the damage boost I prefer flying guards. You going to complain about Guards too? They can be built to tank far more than destroyers now, that broken? “OP”?