Request Control

The ability to request control of an allied ship after dying during a match would be awesome.

Of course you would need a settings toggle to disable people requesting it, but it would be cool to be able to let a more skilled pilot take over temporarily while they respawn.

Well, I’m with you if you are talking about AI things, but I go against you if you are talking about players.
First this sounds like “I’m better than you, so take control over to me.”

Second, it will take newbies chance away to learn their mistakes in the battle. 

That does make a lot of sense.

It’s just painful to see someone (or something, sometimes it’s hard to tell who’s a bot) sitting there doing nothing and dying because they refuse to use any modules.

Or when someone’s locked in a spiny battle way outside from where the objectives are.

You know.

Also painful when they clearly don’t know what they are supposed to do, shooting all enemy ships in their imediate vicinity when they are carrying the bomb in detonation (“run with it, fool!”), or otherwise oblivious to other mission objectives. I agree, there are times it would be nice to have a built-in multilingual “may I offer some assistance” mechanism to show them, when telling them isn’t working.